Welcome to the official Harvard Business Review mobile app. Renowned for excellence in publishing industry-leading business management, HBR now provides you with the ability to access the power of the print magazine, alongside the latest digital articles, and our most important videos. Reading, sharing, and interacting with HBR content is easier than ever before.
HBR Global Pricing:
• Subscription 1 Month - USD 9.99*
* For non-US app stores, the equivalent currency charges will apply.
Please note: App subscriptions do not include access to subscription-only content on our website.
Additional Subscription Information:
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
This release includes bug fixes and general stability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
For the lifelong learner
Well designed and easy to access all HBR articles. Search function needs to be improved a bit, it’s not a major pain. Like the snackable content - video explainers.
Cannot Sync Across Devices
I cannot access any articles I save on the desktop site on this app, which to me really devalues having the app. I tried to send an email via the Help screen, but I received a message saying I have no active email account on my iPad, which is totally false. I have Outlook and Gmail accounts on my iPad I use regularly, not to mention an email account associated with my account.
Article content is very good but the user experience is horrible. Very surprised that HBR would put something out like this.
Bring back starred content
I used to love this app because it allowed me to “star” content of interest so I could come back to read it later. A recent app upgrade removed this extremely important feature and now the app is nearly useless. I don’t have time to log in everyday to read content before it is archived. Without the star feature I am missing content I purchased my HBR subscription for. Please bring back the starred content feature!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.