Welcome to the official Harvard Business Review mobile app. Renowned for excellence in publishing industry-leading business management, HBR now provides you with the ability to access the power of the print magazine, alongside the latest digital articles, and our most important videos. Reading, sharing, and interacting with HBR content is easier than ever before.
HBR Global Pricing:
• Subscription 1 Month - USD 9.99*
* For non-US app stores, the equivalent currency charges will apply.
Please note: App subscriptions do not include access to subscription-only content on our website.
Additional Subscription Information:
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
This release includes bug fixes and general stability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Pretty crappy compared to other content publishing apps
My benchmark is the Economist’s iOS app, which I use almost daily.
HBR doesn’t offer settings to improve readability (font size, background color). There are times when the content takes a long time to load or doesn’t load at all. The app experience isn’t all that better from getting the content on a mobile device browser, and how often is that a customers preferred choice?
Cannot Sync Across Devices
The App will accept my password for the subscription so I can access articles. However, I cannot create an “app” account. If I choose the option “already have an account,” I get a warning that my account name/password are incorrect. If I choose the option “create a new account,” I get a warning that an account is already associated with the email.
As a result, the app does not offer any benefit over their website. Cannot save articles or sync between devices.
It doesn’t let you change the password on the app if you created the account on the website. Also, it kept telling me to put in the correct email and password even when I did. Customer support did not know what to do, after 30 minutes on the phone. This is by far the worst app I’ve come across.
- Harvard Business Publishing
- 48 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Subscription $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.