Analyse detailed graphs of your heart rate to help understand how your body is changing over time. No subscription, no accounts; your data stays safe on your device.
Knowing your current heart rate is useful, but seeing in real time how it varies over a longer period gives you much more information, especially when trying to understand how your body is responding to a training plan. Heart Graph can be used for all types of aerobic exercise including running, cycling, rowing or gym work, and of course you can also use it to study your normal heart rate for general health reasons.
Heart Graph allows you to record new data and see your heart rate graph in real time, as well as importing existing data from Apple Health. Data from previous sessions can then be compared to give a deeper understanding of how your body is changing over time, for example by directly comparing the graphs for equivalent sessions, viewing statistics such as max, mean and resting heart rate across sessions, or seeing the proportion of time spent in different heart rate zones aggregated over weeks or months. (Note some features require a one-off In-App Purchase, as described below.)
The key FREE features of Heart Graph include:
* Display a real-time graph of heart rate against time on your iPhone or iPad
* Support for both Bluetooth sensors and Apple Watch
* No ads
* Review all your sessions offline to spot trends in your data
* Integration with Apple Health: import existing workout data and store new workouts
* Maximise the screen area for graphs on iPhone and iPod touch using landscape orientation
* Group related sessions by adding your own notes, then searching for sessions matching those notes
* Record a standard Reference Set at the start of each session to help determine how your body is really doing; if your heart rate is elevated, you may want to take it easy
* Record data in the background if you want to use other heart rate apps (Bluetooth sensors)
Beyond the basics, a single, one-off In-App Purchase will enable the Premium Features, giving you access to more in-depth analysis tools and the ability to design your training sessions in the app. These Planned Workouts split a session into small pieces, for example sets at the the gym, or intervals on a bike. When you’re exercising, Heart Graph will keep track of where you are in the session and what’s coming up next, alerting you when it’s time to stop or move on. The trigger for moving from one set to the next can be a simple time gap (“wait 30 seconds”), or be based on heart rate to allow a specific amount of recovery before continuing (“wait until heart rate is below 120bpm”). The outcome is a structured plan that adapts to how your body is responding each time you do that session.
Premium Features of Heart Graph include:
* View and analyse the time spent in each of five configurable heart rate zones
* Add annotations to the graph during recording to help identify key events
* Heart rate alarms when your heart rate changes zone or goes above or below configurable thresholds
* Import data from the Health app for custom time periods of up to 24 hours
* Directly compare graphs for equivalent sessions
* Compare statistics (such as max, mean and resting heart rate) across sessions
* Calculate calories burned, and set a calorie target for each session
* Record a session to explicitly measure resting heart rate while you relax
* Audio rep counting so you never lose count - make a noise every time you complete a rep and the app keeps track of how many you’ve done
* Import and export heart rate data from other apps or your computer using Garmin TCX format files
* Export data to CSV files for further analysis in software such as Excel (email, Dropbox, etc)
IMPORTANT NOTE: use of Heart Graph requires an external sensor to record heart rate data, for example:
* A low-energy bluetooth (BTLE) sensor such as the Wahoo Tickr / Polar H10 chest straps, or the Mio Alpha watch
* An Apple Watch (min WatchOS 4) or other source that writes heart rate data to the Health app
* An ANT+ sensor connected using the Wahoo Fitness ANT+ key
* Support for latest device screen sizes
* Minor bug fixes and improvements
We're listening! If you experience a problem with the app, please contact us via our website.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app But...
I love the app and use it almost daily to monitor my heart rate. Has a great display for what you doing and the history of the workout.
But. Reference sets are ridiculously complicated. I still haven’t figured it out. All I really want to do is put a previous work out on the display so I can see how I am currently doing on my current work out. This should be as easy as a butting to display previous workout on the workout screens It does great at comparing previous workouts, but I have not found a way to display the previous workout while currently working out.
Overall I will continue to use it until i find something that works better.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We don't currently offer a whole-workout comparison graph live during the workout, although you could use the Reference Sets to get much the same thing. You may find the short tutorial videos on our website helpful for understanding how to set up a reference set.
Life changing, and easy to use fo people who workout
I purchased the paid version and have been using it for years now. I was a new runner and needed to make sure I was exercising in the right zones. Everything I need is available any simple to use in the user interface face. For example I can see my heart rate sent from my Apple Watch and it’s classified by work out. For example one might say cycle or it might say strength training or it might say yoga. If I don’t like the default name I can change it. I can compare my heart rate graph between several workouts. I can see the detailed graph for one workout and also look at the time spent in each HR zone. I can use default settings or customize my HR zones. Seeing this data is valuable. I will admit their are other apps now that can do the same and more. For example I recently bought a Whithings scale that comes with the free healthmate app and it keeps all my data from multiple sources in one place. As a result I don’t use this HR app much at all anymore. However if you don’t already have a universal app and all you need is detailed HR tracking then this is the one for you.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for describing how you use the app - it's great to hear which parts of the app different customers use!
Review my heart rate after every run!
I’ve been using the heart rate app for a few years and like to see how I have to work harder now to sustain a higher heart rate. My goal is to train 20% of the time at an intense level and it’s easy to see if I need to back off or push harder. I like being able to adjust my zones because I have an exceptionally high maximum heart rate and standard zones based on age don’t apply. I also like to check my recovery time by making a time based chart that I can easily delete. I always make notes about my run and then do a copy paste of the notes into my calendar. If you’re a data junkie this is a great app.
I wish there was a way to combine it with a pace and elevation chart. Someday.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for sharing your experience - it's stories like this that motivate us to keep improving Heart Graph! Regarding your request to combine pace and elevation, you might find the Garmin TCX export useful to combine the heart rate data from Heart Graph with the pace/elevation data from another app.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Smoky Cat Software Ltd.
- 38.9 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
English, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Smoky Cat Software Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Features $2.99
- Support Ad-Free Software $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.