Use HIDIVE to stream awesome content straight from Japan! From new shows like Ahiru no Sora, Food Wars!, Tsurune, The Promised Neverland and Land of the Lustrous to classics such as Legend of the Galactic Heroes, The Big O, Azumanga Daioh, Patlabor and Maid-Sama!, plus a growing collection of dubs, you’ll always find something to watch, all ad-free. (Titles vary by region)
Dive right in by signing in to your existing HIDIVE account, or start a new one using your iTunes account. Plus, new subscribers can try before they buy with a 14-day free trial! Subscribers can also watch their favorite shows on Apple TV, iPad, desktop and other popular devices.
HIDIVE In App Purchase Information:
- Your payment will be charged to your iTunes Account upon confirmation of purchase.
- Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is cancelled at least 24-hours before the end of the then-current billing period.
- Your subscription includes full access to HIDIVE
• English Dubs
• Exclusive Content
• DUBCAST℠ Editions
• And more!
- Your account will be charged $4.99 (for monthly recurring subscriptions) or $47.99 (for annual recurring subscriptions) for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the then-current billing period and each subsequent billing period until cancelled.
- You can manage your subscription and cancel auto-renewal by accessing Account Settings in your iTunes account and following the instructions there.
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when a subscription to the service is purchased, where applicable.
Minor bug fixes are included in this release.
Ratings and Reviews
App vs. website
Unfortunately, there is a huge difference when it comes to streaming on the website versus streaming on the app. AppleTV and iPhone apps don’t actually allow all the shows in the library to be seen. You’re totally missing out on a lot more content and you’re better off watching it from a computer or going to the website as an alternative. I complained about it a few times and every time the HIDIVE crew actually responds to me they just say something along the lines of not having the full rights for the apps. Something about it being more expensive on their end. What kind of crap is that? Hiding shows that we actually paid for is almost messed up. If you logon through a browser, the whole library is exposed for you to watch. I wouldn’t be as upset if you can at least see the whole list whether your using an app or browser and just not allowing playback if they felt like it. Something about hiding the fact that we have access to more anime that we paid for seems a little shady.
Cheated out of free trial
Listen, I could ignore the terrible quality and playback issues that one has to put up with while using your app. I could even deal with the poor functionality of your app in it’s entirety because I am aware that it is very new. However, what I will not accept is signing up for a subscription, having your app crash while I am watching something and then telling me I need to subscribe again. I happened to get the 30 day free trial which my Apple account shows is STILL active, but for whatever asinine reason my account within your systems does not register this anymore. I’m not paying you up front for something that I was given a 30 day free trial for. I would like this fixed because what I am not going to do is pay for an app that does not have the functionality nor the quality to justify the money you ask for. This was the only streaming service I could find that allows me to watch a dubbed season of a specific show so I was willing to deal with the bugs while you guys figured it all out, but not this. There isn’t even a way to contact someone about my issue and your help page is unhelpful, which is why I am taking to this review. I’m not paying you when I was told I’d get it free for 30 days, it’s literally only been 30 minutes.
Has more bugs than the notell motel.
Rarely works for any of the titles. And when it doesn’t the video formatting is terrible. All of the negative reviews are spot on. And their app team doesn’t seem to give a crap about fixing it. I love pretty much all anime and that’s what got me to jump at the subscription, however this is the worst streaming service I’ve tried. I feel like a moron for jumping at the discounted year subscription. Most titles aren’t available through any app not just iOS. The ones that are won’t play. “Stream not found”. Customer service is a joke. “We’ve tried to recreate the issue but haven’t had any luck.”, is their standard response. I’ve tried the apps on multiple devices from iPads to Xbox to play stations. All have terribly clunky video streaming when it works. Constantly having to delete the apps and reinstall. No way to just restart a video from the beginning. It’s the modern equivalent of having to rewind a vhs. This isn’t some new technology. Video streaming has been up and running for over a decade. The beta for Netflix was 100% better than this. At this point it feels like they are just jerking people around. Definitely not renewing my subscription.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- HIDIVE, LLC
- 84.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 9.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © (C)2020 HIDIVE LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Subscription + Trial $4.99
- Monthly Subscription $4.99
- Monthly + Free Trial $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.