HOBOconnect is designed to communicate wirelessly via Bluetooth Low Energy to the HOBO® MX data loggers. You can configure and start the data logger, download the recorded data, store and analyze the data. The data can be viewed in both graphical and list formats and also exported and shared to other programs including Numbers, Excel and HOBOware®.
* Wirelessly communicate to the HOBO® MX data loggers
* Internet connection not required to use HOBOconnect
* Set data logger's name, password, logging rate, alarm threshold, start & stop time
* Check logger’s status included memory used and battery life
* Clear audible alarms (for models with this feature)
* Page the data logger
* Manage data files with groups
* Download and view data
* Zoom in and out of the graph with gestures
* Export and Share data as a CSV, TXT, XLSX and HOBO files
Compatible Data Loggers
* HOBO® MX1100 Series Temp/RH/CO2/Light/Analog Data Loggers
* HOBO® MX2001 Water Level data logger
* HOBO® MX100 Temperature data logger
* HOBO® MX2200 Series Water Temp Data Loggers
* HOBO® MX2300 Series Temp/RH/Soil Moisture data loggers
* HOBO® MX2500 Series pH data loggers
- Added support for MX2205 Tidbit External Temp data logger
- UI/UX improvements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Possible update bug
Since the update I am receiving an error message that downloaded files cannot be opened within the app and that the “file may be corrupt”, however my colleague - who also uses iPhone, but has not updated the app - is able to download and view the files as normal.
Adding my voice to the chorus of annoyed users who previously used HOBOmobile — the look is worse and the functionality is terrible. It saves the graph images to “the designated location” (which I never chose and couldn’t find for a while, rather than saving to my camera roll). The images don’t have the monitor’s nicknames/ID embedded which is insanely frustrating when putting them in reports (it doesn’t help just having it in the file name). You can’t delete old data. The colors for the graph readouts are reversed from HOBOmobile (temp used to be black and humidity blue, makes sense — now temp is blue and humidity green! it makes comparing graphs from both eras confusing). I had to update my phone which made the old HOBOmobile app unable to save data readouts when you close the app, and when I asked for support, their only answer was to change to this new app. It seems strange to put money into something that feels less functional.
Why can’t I delete old data?
I STILL cannot delete old data. In their webinar last year, they said we could delete old data later in an update later last year, but STILL cannot delete old data!
This is absurd. I’ve never seen an app that collects data that won’t let you delete any of that data. I read the data every few days, a months worth at 1 reading per minute. That adds up to a lot of data that I don’t need, want, or will ever use again.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Onset Computer Corporation
- 152.2 MB
- Requires iOS 13 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 Onset Computer Corporation