The HondaLink® app has added new and exciting remote control features like Remote Engine Start, Remote Door Lock/Unlock, and Find My Car, available for 2018+ Odyssey Touring, 2018+ Accord Touring, 2019 Insight Touring, 2019 Pilot* and Passport* Touring/Elite vehicles. Battery charge monitoring and control is now available for Clarity Plug-in Hybrid vehicles.
*Remote Engine Start is currently not applicable for 2019 Pilot and Passport Touring/Elite vehicles.
Use HondaLink® with compatible Honda vehicles to access features, such as scheduling service appointments, roadside assistance, and more. Read below to find out which features you can use in your Honda today.
• Send to Car is available in the enhanced Places tool, which allows you to search and send a destination from your smartphone to your compatible Honda vehicle (Available in 2016+ Pilot, Civic, Accord, 2017+ Ridgeline, CR-V, 2018+ Odyssey, Clarity, Fit, and 2019 Insight, HR-V, Passport equipped with GPS Navigation).
• Find your assigned dealer, schedule your next service, contact them, and get directions
• View or modify your service appointments made via your HondaLink® App
• Access the Bluetooth® Connection Guide to help with the pairing of your phone (The 2016+ Accord, Civic, Pilot, 2017+ Ridgeline, CR-V, 2018 Odyssey, Clarity, Fit, 2019+ Insight, HR-V, Passport equipped with HondaLink® require Bluetooth® to enable HondaLink® in your display audio screen).
• Access the Cable Connection Guide for models requiring a HDMI cable connector to access features through the display audio screen (2014-15 Civic, 2015-2017 Fit, CR-V, 2016-2018 HR-V, and 2016 CR-Z equipped with HondaLink® require the HondaLink® Cable Kit)
• Link to the Official Honda Owners site for access to Owner’s Manuals, Technology Guides and more
• View Frequently Asked Questions from Honda owners like you
• Easily access and call Customer Service
• Quickly contact Roadside Assistance
• The HondaLink® app also works as a standalone app on your smartphone for use anywhere, anytime when you are not in the car
• Some services require use of GPS for location-based content. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. In addition, by utilizing GPS based services, you will share your vehicle’s location with American Honda and its service providers, though that information will not be used for marketing purposes or shared with unaffiliated third parties.
• Improved reliability of remote commands.
• Minor bug fixes and UX enhancements.
To learn more about what HondaLink features are supported for your vehicle visit hondalink.honda.com/#/compatibility.
If you are having trouble with the HondaLink app please file a ticket in the app by going to Support - Customer Support - Customer Feedback.
Ratings and Reviews
Finicky, rushed and lacking useful functionality
This app could be sooo much more. I have a 2017 Honda Accord Touring. I can remote start it from the key fob, yet for some reason this functionality is absent from the app. Most of the other information isn’t useful. Just about the only thing I can see anyone using the app for would be to schedule maintenance, but then again, who schedules maintenance? When the light comes on you go by the dealership. A much more useful feature would be to allow this app to act as an interface, letting users see the actual codes associated with warning lights so they can find out exactly what’s wrong. As said previously in another review, this app is finicky in the best of times. My phone will already be connected to my car via Bluetooth yet it will sit there saying connecting for few minutes before failing. Overall, this app is hardly what I would expect from a major company like Honda. It needs to be completely tore down and rebuilt from the ground up.
Works most of the time
Finally updated for iPhone X! Early adopter problems I know lol. Its a good app that works most of the time. The issue I have is with the feedback from the car. The app is slow to update if it even updates the cars status at all. Example I remote start the car sometimes it shows its started and how long its got left to run other times it just gives me a thinking circle and doesn’t update. Additionally the run time remaining doesn’t have live updates (or timer), you have to refresh the screen to get the time to change. Finally I wish it would tell you how many times you can extend the remote start time. Instead it just gives an error if you have exceeded the run time. Also Honda whats up with the super short 10min run time, you can’t heat or cool a car that fast, extend the time or at least let users set their own run time.
I will say that the send to car directions works great 9 out of 10 times that I have used it. One time it said it sent but never showed up on the car.
Works great with my 2018 Clarity
Version 3.4.3 downloaded on 3/2/18 to an iPhone 8 works great with my 2018 Clarity. Download and pairing w car was quick and easy even for this 63 year old Neanderthal.
Features such as range estimates, battery/charge/status information, climate preconditioning, charging locations, scheduling, etc are working as expected and updating every time I open the app. Only the odometer reading seem slow in updating but eventually gives the correct reading. But really, the odometer doesn’t need to update frequently. Is your car going to go somewhere without you?
I can stop/start/schedule charging, see the battery charge state, and get a time remaining for complete charge. App indicated 30% charge and dash gauge had 6 bars and at 70%, 15 bars. I can also schedule the climate preconditioning from my phone whenever I am out of range of the key fob as long as both car and phone can connect to Honda’s server.
It appears that the Clarity is communicating by cellular data to Honda’s server and not by satellite or WiFi as some have speculated. Tested/proved this by parking under concrete parking garage where phone said there was no WiFi and I could still connect with Car when distant.
I think the negative reviews were either because of old versions or attempted usage on older model Hondas. This app is really for the newer model Hondas.
So, bottom line: All features working with no problems.
- American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
- 124 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- ©2013 American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.