The HondaLink® app has added new and exciting remote control features like Remote Engine Start, Remote Door Lock/Unlock, and Find My Car, available for 2018+ Odyssey Touring, 2018+ Accord Touring, 2019 Insight Touring, 2019 Pilot* and Passport* Touring/Elite vehicles. Battery charge monitoring and control is now available for Clarity Plug-in Hybrid vehicles.
*Remote Engine Start is currently not applicable for 2019 Pilot and Passport Touring/Elite vehicles.
Use HondaLink® with compatible Honda vehicles to access features, such as scheduling service appointments, roadside assistance, and more. Read below to find out which features you can use in your Honda today.
• Send to Car is available in the enhanced Places tool, which allows you to search and send a destination from your smartphone to your compatible Honda vehicle (Available in 2016+ Pilot, Civic, Accord, 2017+ Ridgeline, CR-V, 2018+ Odyssey, Clarity, Fit, and 2019 Insight, HR-V, Passport equipped with GPS Navigation).
• Find your assigned dealer, schedule your next service, contact them, and get directions
• View or modify your service appointments made via your HondaLink® App
• Access the Bluetooth® Connection Guide to help with the pairing of your phone (The 2016+ Accord, Civic, Pilot, 2017+ Ridgeline, CR-V, 2018 Odyssey, Clarity, Fit, 2019+ Insight, HR-V, Passport equipped with HondaLink® require Bluetooth® to enable HondaLink® in your display audio screen).
• Access the Cable Connection Guide for models requiring a HDMI cable connector to access features through the display audio screen (2014-15 Civic, 2015-2017 Fit, CR-V, 2016-2018 HR-V, and 2016 CR-Z equipped with HondaLink® require the HondaLink® Cable Kit)
• Link to the Official Honda Owners site for access to Owner’s Manuals, Technology Guides and more
• View Frequently Asked Questions from Honda owners like you
• Easily access and call Customer Service
• Quickly contact Roadside Assistance
• The HondaLink® app also works as a standalone app on your smartphone for use anywhere, anytime when you are not in the car
• Some services require use of GPS for location-based content. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. In addition, by utilizing GPS based services, you will share your vehicle’s location with American Honda and its service providers, though that information will not be used for marketing purposes or shared with unaffiliated third parties.
Minor bug fixes and usability enhancements.
To learn more about what HondaLink features are supported for your vehicle visit hondalink.honda.com/#/compatibility.
If you are having trouble with the HondaLink app please file a ticket in the app by going to Support - Customer Support - Customer Feedback.
Ratings and Reviews
Slow and Pricey
I have a Honda Odyssey Elite 2019 that is paired with this app.
PROS: like the app for the following features: remote start, the lock/unlock doors, security alert and find vehicle. The app also shows how much gas you have and the miles you can travel, the PSI for tires and any alerts or recall messages. It also gives you locations of Honda dealers.
CONS: It takes so long for the app to connect to the van. When you access the app and click the start or any function, you will see a line that shows how long you have to wait to connect to the van. Sometimes, it will tell you that the van is not in a good location so the app can’t connect. But, the van is just in front of our house and our room is in the front. I’m thinking if the app is connecting to the van thru its gps that uses the satellite, it should not have that problem. I find the app pricey for $110 a yr subscription and this doesn’t include road side assistance which is another $110. For a few features and some that you don’t really use everyday, $110 is an unreasonable price.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for reaching out to us. We appreciate your insight into the issues you've experienced with the application and its price point. Regarding Roadside Assistance, those benefits are available free of charge for the duration of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty. We've included a link to the RSA Benefits page if you'd like to review what coverages are afforded to you.
Piece of junk app!
What a waste of time and money! Paid for the subscription to be able to use the app as a remote. Really wanted to have an option of a remote start of my van in these hot days. Was going to use this future to pre cool the vehicle in summer by remotely starting the engine. Instead I got a useless app that crashes my iPhone every time I want to do something in the app. It just shuts down my iPhone and I have to manually turn in on again. But this is not the worst part. The app is just useless in my case. It would NOT recognize my subscription. I mean I’m logging in using my Honda account credentials, then adding my vehicle using the VIN number and nothing! Just blank screen. It shows me my vehicle at the top of the screen, but says that all my subscriptions have expired. All the fields are blank, like there is no connection to my vehicle. I’ve called Honda support, was told that they will investigate my case and find the problem then will call me back. It’s been a few days already and nothing has changed. Every time I call they’re saying that technical department is still working on my case.
I own other vehicles from different manufacturers and their apps are working just fine and customer support is very responsive, but not Honda’s.
Very disappointed! By the way, the vehicle is 2018 Honda Odyssey Elite, and it has no problems, in my family everyone loves it.
I hope that Honda will pay more attention to issues with their software.
No value for CRV Owners
If you own a CRV this app is nearly useless. The only information here is what you’d find on your dashboard when sitting in your car, and it’s not information anyone would care to have in hand or taking up space on their phone. The app is not well designed, even I noticed a few typos while I was getting setup. There’s honestly no useful information in the app. I don't know why I have the app. Maybe, just maybe, the schedule a service appointment will work. I’m really skeptical. Other than that thanks for letting me know how many miles are on the car? I just don’t see why this was presented at as a perk. It’s just useless. I’m including 2 stars to account for some value that an owner of one of Honda’s more luxury vehicles would get. Am I supposed to be insulted that the posh owner of a beautiful Pilot is offered the same app with better features? As if I was non the wiser? Wow—oil usage is at 80%? Gosh, sure happy Honda creates and app that can divide by 100. I guess it’s not about Honda. It’s about me. For CR-V owners like me I’ll suppose we’ll just pound sand and eat leftovers like the plebeians Honda wants to remind us that we are with such preferential treatment.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
- 96.2 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- ©2013 American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.