Aladdin Connect 4+

Overhead Door Corporation

    • 4.8 • 38.6K Ratings
    • Free

Screenshots

Description

Aladdin Connect® allows you to monitor and control your garage door from anywhere. The Aladdin Connect® app works with any Genie Wi-Fi-enabled garage door opener or retrofit kit and can be set up in minutes. The app controls up to 20 garage door openers or retrofit kits and allows you to do the following:

• Open or close the door from your smartphone
• Check whether the door is open or closed from anywhere, using your smartphone
• Get notified if your door is opened or closed and customize notifications
• Add up to 20 family or guest users and get notified when they operate the door
• Set up rules to automatically notify you or close the garage if the garage door is open at night or open for a long time.
• Connect to leading smart home and voice platforms

For more information, visit http://www.geniecompany.com/aladdinconnect/

What’s New

Version 6.1

Bug fixes and enhancements

Ratings and Reviews

4.8 out of 5
38.6K Ratings

38.6K Ratings

GetItDoneBob ,

The operation works great

This has really helped out with my lifestyle. From opening remotely to helping to know if the door is open or closed. One helpful thing I would prefer is for the app to use much bigger font. If the font was bigger I would’ve given it a five star rating. When I gave my wife and son access to the app it was real easy they didn’t have to set up the app like I did. So basically you set it up once and then you can just give users access and also turn their access off. You know what’s really cool is that you can see which user opened the garage door and when. This is a been a huge improvement and really satisfied some garage door needs and reassurances of safety and security.

DNATKO ,

Constantly having to reprogram

Idk if this is an app issue or equipment issue. I call and am told its app or that I should disconnect my door for 3 days and call back. There needs to be an override to the disabled status.

The app itself is easy to use but the install text is not accurate in the beginning of the install set up. The Retrofit software and equipment is a pain for sure. Shows door status is online, wifi excellent. Shows signal strong, status connected and battery level is good. Yet the door is disabled constantly and must reprogram each time. Using the wall control doesn’t change it from being disabled.

Also the door likes to open on its own continually and always shows it is opened via Local when no one has accessed it. Checked wires they are tight, checked garage sensors, there is no obstruction. Multiple times the door has opened and closed repeatedly (I have it set to close after 20 min) in the middle of the night while we are sleeping, sometimes during the daytime after we leave for school and work or while we are out of town. Of course the app will end up disabled and I’m left with an open garage until I can find a neighbor to close. This is frustrating.

zvolts ,

When it works, I love it, but….

I use Aladdin Connect to control 3 new Genie openers. When this app works, I like it very much and it can be very useful. However, in the week or so that I’ve been using it, various repeating app errors cause me to question its reliability. I have a reliable wifi mesh system with a wifi AP in my garage about 15 feet away. This AP has a strong connection back to the rest of the mesh. All the door sensors have line-of-sight to the Aladdin DCM. Approximately 75% of the time the app works as advertised. But for the other 25% of the time, 3 app errors tend to reoccur. The most prevalent error is cluster_max_load, next is a generic “something went wrong” dialog and finally occasionally all my doors temporarily disappear from the app. The app does not work at all when any of these 3 errors occur. Even when the app is functional, it often continues to show that a door is still in the process of completing a request 3-5 minutes after successfully opening or closing a door. As things currently stand, I’m not confident that this app will work when I really need it.

Update: now all my door activity history is missing along with all my configuration (rules and additional users, etc.) Emailed support 24 hours ago and am awaiting their reply. Changed rating down to 2 stars.

Developer Response ,

HI, thank you for your feedback.

App Privacy

The developer, Overhead Door Corporation, indicated that the app’s privacy practices may include handling of data as described below. For more information, see the developer’s privacy policy.

Data Linked to You

The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:

  • Contact Info

Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More

More By This Developer





You Might Also Like

Schlage Home
Lifestyle
Whirlpool
Lifestyle
SmartHQ
Lifestyle
Lutron App
Lifestyle
b-hyve
Lifestyle
Resideo - Smart Home
Lifestyle