OHD Anywhere is a smartphone-enabled garage door controller activated from anywhere via the home's Wi-Fi connection. This connection eases the worry of "did I close my garage door", as it controls and monitors the status (opened or closed) of your garage door from anywhere. OHD Anywhere is installed easily and can be programmed for customization in minutes via a free, downloaded application.
* OHD Anywhere controls and monitors your garage door opener with compatible smartphones, serving as an on-line, remote connection to your opener
* Connection provides extra peace of mind via the monitor which indicates if the door is opened or closed
* Smartphone-enabled garage door controller includes a door control module plus a door position sensor (operates 1 door)
* OHD Anywhere controls up to 3 garage doors with additional sensors sold separately
* Works with most garage door openers manufactured since 1993
* For simple installation, download the free application and follow the instructions
Requires purchase and installation of a Door Control Monitor system.
Please see the "What's New" section for the Video Tutorial and Support web links.
Direct Wi-Fi Connection for iOS 11+ devices.
Improved Rules / Invites handling.
More devices supported.
Ratings and Reviews
Fails quite often
I’ve set this app up along with an overhead door installed unit in my single car garage. It’s based off the Genie Aladdin Connect app from Genie door openers. If it stayed working I’d give it 5 stars and be happy with it. But so far, once every three months the or so I’ve been required to re-install the app or contact Genie directly to have my account reset. The notifications stop working and the app just spins.
Based on the constant tinkering needed to keep this app working and the lack of app updates to address these types of issues, and total lack of Alexa or Google Home integration, I can’t recommend this as a good option for a smart garage door system.
Developer Response ,
Hi kboman1. I am sorry to hear this. Hopefully the issues have been resolved. OHD Anywhere is now compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant. Please visit here for more information:
So far so good (after three weeks); but two (three?) suggested improvements
Have had no issues with the app controlling my garage door at my office. I use the app as well as my remotes.
Two (three?) things that would improve the app, in my opinion:
1. Please, please, please-allow the ability for the user to choose a different alert tone for door opening, closing, and other potential alerts (e.g. a different alert for different rule actions, such as closing the door after exceeding the rule open time).
Providing a menu option of fourscore or more alert tones to choose from for every action would be an excellent addition. Currently, the default tone is the same as a text notification, but I would like the option to choose a more “attention-grabbing” alert (especially with how sensitive the remotes are-simply having my keys jiggle in my pocket has opened the door without my knowledge while I have been in my office, and I ignored the OHD Anywhere alert as it was the same tone as a text alert-leaving the garage door open until I had a chance to pull the phone out and see it wasn’t a text alert, but the “door open” alert).
2. Add iPad support, or at least allow the iPhone app (that I’ve downloaded onto my iPad) to switch to landscape mode on the iPad.
3. Allow landscape on iPhone.
Works okay… needs usability improvements
Allows you to create your own rules (i.e., notify me if door is open to long and close the door if open an hour, etc).
Uses a sensor on the garage door to accurately inform you if it is up or down.
Failures - about 5 minutes after leaving the house, I got a message saying I needed to reset it by closing it at the door (i.e., couldn’t use the app). I want to use this to let my housekeeper in/out, but if I was out of town, I would have been screwed as I couldn’t close my door. This should never happen… default behavior to close the door if it gets confused!
Very annoying notifications - I want to know if my door has been open over some amount of time - NOT every time it’s starting to open/close, opening/closing, and finished opening/closing. Seems there is no way to turn those off without turning off the notifications from my rules too!
Needs to integrate with Siri (“open my garage door”)
Developer Response ,
The notification of needing to operate the unit from the wall console (UL Lockout) will appear if something has moved under the door, or blocked the safety beams while the door was closing This is a safety feature built in that alerts you to check the garage and make sure that everything is in good working order before attempting to use again. Notification flexibility will be coming in a future app update and smart home integration is being worked on, and will be coming soon. For any additional help please call us at 1-866-599-4995.
UPDATE: OHD Anywhere is now compatible with Alexa and Google Assistant. Please visit here for information: https://www.overheaddoor.com/Documents/OHDanywhere-Compatibility-Home-Systems.pdf
- Overhead Door Corporation
- 32.8 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Overhead Door Corporation. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.