Stay in control and care from anywhere when you connect your Whirlpool® Smart Appliances with the Whirlpool® App. Get real-time updates, preheat the oven for dinner, download the right cycle for a load of dishes and more, right from your mobile device. Control your kitchen no matter what you've got on your hands using simple voice commands with the Google Assistant or an Alexa-enabled device. You can also integrate with your Nest Learning Thermostat™.*
When you need it, get instant support for select issues with troubleshooting videos and guided service. Scan-to-Connect technology means your smart appliances can be up and running quickly.
Whirlpool® connected features are purposefully designed to fit the unique ways you care for your family:
- Whirlpool works with Yummly! Yummly® Guided Cooking makes meal prep easier by helping you answer the question “what’s for dinner?” before it’s even asked. Recipes with the Connected Fork icon in the Yummly® app include step-by-step video tutorials that provide the extra assistance you need on busy days. Prompts in the app even send cooking instructions straight to your Whirlpool® smart cooking appliance.**
- Get the right settings for frozen meals every time with Scan-to-Cook technology***
- Make multi-step meals simple by sending cooking instructions to the oven or microwave all at once
- Party mode automatically turns on the Keep Warm setting so dishes stay ready to serve
- Know if you've left a burner on with remote connectivity that lets you monitor your cooktop from your smartphone or tablet.†
- Get specialty cycles and customized care with the Download & Go™ option
- Automatically order detergent when you're running low with Amazon Dash Replenishment
- Take the guesswork out of fighting stains from your family's clothes. Tell the Stain Guide what got spilled on what type of fabric for easy-to-follow pretreating instructions and recommended wash cycles (select models).‡
- Manage laundry day from anywhere by assigning family members tasks like transferring a load to the dryer or folding clean clothes. They'll get the notification on their smart devices (select models).
- Personalized Quick Tips make sure your family’s laundry gets the care it deserves, while helping laundry day go more smoothly (select models).
- Receive helpful Laundry Alerts, which let you know if there's an unbalanced load that may affect performance.
- Follow step-by-step instructions and select how-to videos to help guide you through quick fixes with the Diagnostic Tool.
*Features may vary by product and are subject to change. Compatible connected appliance required. Details and privacy info at whirlpool.com/connect.
**Select recipes only. Details and privacy info at whirlpool.com/connect and yummly.com/privacy.
*** Not all frozen foods included.
† Cooktop elements cannot be turned off remotely from the app.
‡ Select stains only.
Google, Google Home and other related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. Amazon, Alexa and all related logos are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Nest® and Nest Learning Thermostat™ are trademarks licensed by Nest Labs, Inc.
Thanks for using the Whirlpool® App! This release includes:
-Minor bug fixes and performance improvements.
-Apple Watch® enhancements for compatible smart front load washers and dryers
Ratings and Reviews
Can’t even log in
I use a password manager and the app wouldn’t let me paste a password into the “new password” box. So I used a desktop web browser to create an account, but my password failed the validation even though it met all stated criteria (it exceeded the required length, contained upper and lower case letters, a digit, and two special characters not on the exclusion list). Eventually I figured out that the problem was that the special characters chosen by my password manager weren’t allowed, even though they weren’t on the exclusion list on the web site. Having successfully registered using a desktop browser, I returned to the app and discovered that it wouldn’t let me log in with that password. I kept truncating my password in case it was just too long for the app but had no success, even after I changed it to the stupid “Password1!” (stupid but apparently valid on the web site). I can’t believe a user experience can even be this bad in 2019. Whirlpool should be embarrassed to have released this.
Developer Response ,
Hey Don, we value your time and would like to look into the concerns with your App., please note that the whirlpool web site and the app are stand alone interfaces. Please reach out to us directly if you have further questions at 1-866-333-4591, via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/whirlpoolusa or Twitter @WhirlpoolCare. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.
Call customer support—they are fantastic!
Every time we have a power outage, the display goes dead. Luckily, I can use the ovens (only by dint of messing with it for hours), but I can’t use the smart function, nor can I set the time, date, etc. The instruction manual is worthless and the appliance store where I bought a full kitchen of new appliances is so intimidated by the Smart tech they refuse to come out.
UPDATE from 1 star to 5: I received an email from Whirlpool and an assurance
that they wanted to help me. The number took me right to John who was able to perform all sorts of diagnostics and believed me when I told him what I had tried multiple times. He generated a service ticket for a more complex diagnosis and that will tell us the next step. Whirlpool has renewed my faith in customer service and John is a steely-eyed missile man!
Developer Response ,
Hey Kidslibrarian, we value your time and would like to look into the concerns with your App and synchronization. Please reach out to us directly at 1-866-333-4591, via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/whirlpoolusa or Twitter @WhirlpoolCare. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.
Piece of crap
Not only does this app have a slew of bugs with first connecting your products, after you take an hour to get them connected you have to deal with the bugs of dryers and washers constantly saying “idle”, and not responding to commands from the app or sending updates...they just sit at “idle”. Once you attempt to call whirlpool to get assistance you are placed on hole for twelve minutes and then get sent to a voicemail box where you leave a message only to never receive a call back. The range does the same thing with sitting on idle on the app. Brand new out of the box, it doesn’t get hot and the oven light does not work. The app and appliances have been nothing but problems since the start. I regret spending the significant amount of money for the supposed “latest and greatest” from Whirlpool...formerly my most trusted brand. Big fail, Whirlpool...y’all need to get it together before you lose all of your lifelong customers.
Developer Response ,
Hey MinerGoneCrazy, we value your time and would like to look into the concerns with your App and synchronization. Please reach out to us directly at 1-866-333-4591, via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/whirlpoolusa or Twitter @WhirlpoolCare. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.
- Whirlpool Corporation
- 190.7 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- ® /TM ©2019 Whirlpool. Used under license in Canada. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.