Hoop League Tactics is a fresh new take on the sports management simulation genre. Take control of your basketball team and lead them to victory in turn based tactical action. Manage your players between games by upgrading their skills and scouting for the next prospect to join your squad. Whether you'd rather control every action or watch from the sidelines, how you decide to play the game is entirely up to you!
- Control the action with three pointers, dunks, blocks, alley-oops, and more
- Full customization of entire leagues, teams, and players
- Import and export custom leagues with the community
- Draft prospects, negotiate contracts, and improve your team with trades
- Develop players, increase experience, and unlock new skills
- Manage fatigue and injuries to keep your team ready for the next opponent
- Play, watch, or simulate any game from around the league
- Earn multiple end of season awards such as Most Valuable Player
- Lead your team through endless seasons and win as many championships as possible!
- Added ability to dribble out the clock at the end of any period
- Added stat caps to Trade Offer screen
- Disabled generated rookies if CPU Generated Players is set to OFF
- CPU resets to starting lineup at halftime
- Fixed CPU calling back-to-back timeouts
- Fixed autosave from overwriting an existing league when importing
- Fixed ability to assign players an archetype value that is greater than the total amount of archetypes
- Fixed CPU teams not signing players that have rejected contract offers
- Fixed green notification dot on players that can't upgrade
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good idea, needs tweaks
I enjoy manager games and have played a ton of them. I think the market could use an American Football manager and have many ideas for a good one should you ever explore that.
As for Hoops...the idea is great and I like being able to develop a team from the bottom up. Everyone likes an underdog right? The season length options could be a little bit longer, and you can put people on the trading block but I never experienced any option for trading. I always had about 1/4 to 1/3 of my salary cap left but didn’t notice any option to get any superstars.
I think more options overall could be great. More player levels and skills to develop a slash and dunk style team or a great defensive team or a three point threat. I think doubling the amount of skills could pay dividends to customization. Also in games like NBA 2k I’m manager mode you also have to balance egos and players who complain. It would be cool if it would incorporate more real things like that. Some of the pros act like pros and some are big babies...balance the egos.
Amazing, but a bit easy
After first trying this game, I immediately fell in love. It’s brilliant and really fun. I love the season mode and all of its features, and can’t wait to see what lies ahead in future updates. However, I have one major complaint. While the game can be a bit tough when you first start off, after just one season on minimum salary cap I built a superteam out of the worst team in the league. I immediately went 7-0 in back to back seasons, winning the championship both years, and now have a full roster with talent all around, young and old. I like playing the games out myself, and even on the hardest difficulty it’s pretty easy. The CPU plays decent defense; it’s their offense that just doesn’t cut it. Since they don’t move without the ball, they struggle to find good shots. If you can figure out a way to make them make plays off-ball, it would balance the game much better. Love the concept, can’t stop playing.
Game-breaking glitch/bug found.
The game is still fantastic and I just finished creating a second league and started a new season with it. I opened the app today and the “continue” and “delete” options are no longer available when selecting a season. It just says Cancel, Delete (but it’s grayed out) and New. I can’t continue playing my old seasons either and starting a new one does not fix it. This only happens for custom leagues though. The default league works as intended. Editing settings, loading leagues or playing a game in Exhibition doesn’t fix it either. I don’t know what else to do.
Developer Response ,
Update version 1.2 has eliminated this bug, thank you for your patience!
- Koality Game LLC
- 125.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Koality Game LLC.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Edition $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.