This app shows approximately 1,660 hot or thermal springs throughout the USA. Each location displays the temperature of the hot spring, the local weather, nearest city, an Internet search of the hot spring, Flickr geotag search, and more. Easily locate the hot springs nearest you.
- Hot spring locations are included with the app so it works even when offline.
- Tapping on a hot spring shows the driving distance and time between your location and the hot spring.
- Send location data directly to our Road Trip Planner app.
- Import GPX files; this makes it much easier to find locations along your route
- Show the route between your location and a map pin location.
The locations were obtained from the National Geophysical Data Center and user submissions.
- Better integration with Flickr photos. Now you can easily view Flickr photos of the immediate area. Includes instructions on how to include your photos.
- Other minor bug fixes and app enhancements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Will get likely get better with time
Nice platform but not enough info. Would be far more useful if it provided information on accessibility. Many of the hot springs shown on the map are on private property and not open to the public. Wouldn’t use it to plan a road trip but if I were already in an area anyway it may provide something to research more or inquire about with locals. Will likely get far better with more user participation.
Hot springs app is useful
I like that it shows a map and you can zone in on your location to find hot springs. The app would be improved if it began with my current location. Another improvement would be if it included whether it is a developed or undeveloped site. And if it can be reached by road or foot.
I'm willing to update this review for future improvements but right now this app is wholly unhelpful. Ive now been to several springs noted on this map that were either mislocated, nonexistent, on private property, or not hot (i.e. A cold spring). The data on this app pulls from some 3rd party source and is clearly outdated. There is no description of how to get to a spring and no ability for user reviews or comments. This app is way beta right now.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.