Hubitat Elevation Mobile App is an accessory to the Hubitat Elevation home automation system.
Users of Hubitat Elevation can use the Mobile App to:
- Access Dashboards to monitor and control devices, arm or disarm Hubitat Safety Monitor, change Modes and more.
- Define a Geofence for Mobile Presence detection based on phone location. The Geofence center defaults to your hub location but can be dragged to any location and the radius set.
- Receive Push Notifications from Hubitat Elevation apps.
- Z-Wave tools support for C8Pro
Ratings and Reviews
Thank you for this start!
The app displays dashboard content, much like if you pin a web shortcut to your home screen. The app seems barebones at the moment, but the real thing to focus on is that THERE IS NOW AN APP! In developer land, people should "release early, release often" which feels like what is happening, and I thank you for it. I've had a miserable time with Vera and even Smartthings. Hubitat is the only hub that has worked consistently hardware-wise for me, so I'm thrilled that an app bridges a necessary gap. The CSS on the hub and app could both use a lot of help. Might I suggest an optional "row" (rather than tile) style? The tile style itself can also use a revisit. Again, though, thank you for making something that works.
New user as of mid June 2022
The main issue I have with the app is the amount of battery drain from the background app refresh. Before having the app I could go to bed with battery around 70% and wake up to 60%. Now it goes from 70% down to 10%. I’m pretty sure it has to deal with the geofencing settings but still trying to figure it all out.
Other than that I was an Apple HomeKit guy who switched to Hubitat because I wanted something with better response times and way more conditional logic for automations. This was a nice start and still learning all of the things it can do.
Started off promising but in the last couple years the quality has gone down and the UI issues remain. Recently there’s firmware that almost bricks it and you feel a bit confused at how a consumer product can no longer be supported because they can’t release updates that work with it.
All that aside it was when I tried to help them diagnose an issue and their response was to call me a liar, not the best at owning their own product. You can make your own decisions but please thing long and hard about a product whose developers can’t do no wrong and how that works out long term.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Hubitat, Inc.
- 30.3 MB
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2022 Hubitat, Inc.