Hubitat Elevation Mobile App is an accessory to the Hubitat Elevation home automation system.
Users of Hubitat Elevation can use the Mobile App to:
- Access Dashboards to monitor and control devices, arm or disarm Hubitat Safety Monitor, change Modes and more.
- Define a Geofence for Mobile Presence detection based on phone location. The Geofence center defaults to your hub location but can be dragged to any location and the radius set.
- Receive Push Notifications from Hubitat Elevation apps.
- Lowered geofence radius min size
- Fixed issue where Geofence would get disabled
- Improvements on Hub/Mobile selection
- Forced password change required now handled in app
- Geofence status label on geofence screen
Ratings and Reviews
Good first release and are working on it
I gave this release of four instead of five because of the large iOS geofence. And because the use with multiple hubs that are not in the same location is a little
I would also say that Hubitat in general requires some work by someone to set up. If you don’t want to make your own smart home do what you want to do, or are unwilling to spend time doing it, this is NOT for you.
Ps this app is of No use if you don’t have a Hubitat smart hub.
Thank you for this start!
The app displays dashboard content, much like if you pin a web shortcut to your home screen. The app seems barebones at the moment, but the real thing to focus on is that THERE IS NOW AN APP! In developer land, people should "release early, release often" which feels like what is happening, and I thank you for it. I've had a miserable time with Vera and even Smartthings. Hubitat is the only hub that has worked consistently hardware-wise for me, so I'm thrilled that an app bridges a necessary gap. The CSS on the hub and app could both use a lot of help. Might I suggest an optional "row" (rather than tile) style? The tile style itself can also use a revisit. Again, though, thank you for making something that works.
Reliable Geofencing and notifications
This is the first version of the app and there are a lot of changes/improvements we have asked for on the community site and getting started with it was a little rough to get my wife’s phone added but since then the Geofencing has been as reliable as Life 360 and the notifications have been great too. I also like that the dashboards are displayed without any menus around them from the browsers so more real-estate is available for the dashboard.
- Hubitat, Inc.
- 14.1 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 Hubitat, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.