Illustrator on the iPad works intuitively with your Apple Pencil so you can create stunning graphics anywhere you happen to be. And, as a 1.0 release, this is just the beginning.
Design with precision, as naturally as you would with pen and paper. Create lines, shapes, type, gradients, and effects. Merge or cut graphics with quick Pencil gestures to remove unwanted areas. Make your graphics pop with all-new effects such as point gradients, radial repeats, patterns, and symmetry.
Work on a project across Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and Fresco. Plus, your Illustrator work is automatically synced to the cloud, so you can always access the latest version from your desktop or iPad.
There’s so much to discover. Illustrator on the iPad comes with over 18,000 fonts, 20+ color palettes, up-to-the-minute livestreams from famous creatives, and guided tutorials.
This app is part of Adobe Creative Cloud. It’s free for Creative Cloud members who have a plan that includes Illustrator.
We’re just getting started. Illustrator on the iPad will keep evolving, so stay tuned for new features.
INTUITIVE AND PRECISE DRAWING WITH APPLE PENCIL
• Natural ways to draw — Make lines and curves using the Pen, Pencil, and Brush tools
• Pinpoint editing — Create perfect graphics without quality loss with Smart Delete, Simplify Path, and more
• Point precision — Edit graphics down to the point, radius, or angle level
NEW WAYS TO MAKE STUNNING PATTERNS AND SHAPES
• Radial, grid, and mirror repeat — Turn graphics into sophisticated patterns
• Polygon shape creation — Make objects out of circles, triangles, squares, and stars
• Shape merging and extraction — Use Shape Builder or Pathfinder to combine multiple shapes
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE TYPE TOOLKIT FOR IPAD
• 18,000+ fonts — Use one of the thousands of high-quality fonts included in the Adobe Fonts library
• Fonts of your own — Upload and design with any of your own licensed fonts and use them on both desktop and iPad
• Type on a path — Bend and flow text onto the surface of lines and shapes
• Outlined text — Turn text into an editable format that can be modified without limits
• Variable fonts — They’re infinitely customizable
• Color fonts — Explore gorgeous color variations and gradients that are built into the font
BRILLIANT COLORS AND GRADIENTS
• Point gradients — Drag and drop colors to create dynamic blends of diffused colors
• 20+ color books — Use industry-standard color swatches or incorporate your own
SEAMLESS MOVEMENT BETWEEN DEVICES AND APPS
• File syncing between Illustrator on the desktop and on the iPad — Projects are automatically synced and accessible across devices
• Photoshop import — Easily place a Photoshop image into your Illustrator design
• Standard file format export — Create, save, and open Illustrator (AI) files with no loss of quality, and export in the most common formats, including SVG, PDF, PNG, and PSD.
KEEPING TABS ON THE LATEST CREATIVE TRENDS
• Livestreaming — Watch and learn from top design-industry creatives daily, right within the app
• Trends to discover — Explore projects by other creatives
Do Not Sell My Info:
Use of Adobe mobile apps and online services requires registration for an Adobe ID for any level of Creative Cloud membership, which may not be available in all countries or languages and may be subject to change or discontinuation without notice. Adobe online services require an internet connection.
Improvements include enhancements to experience, stability, and bug fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Adobe's creative powerhouse has been reimagined from the ground up to bring 35 years of innovation (and know-how) to mobile. For longtime users, Illustrator for iPad will feel like a fresh way to experience a familiar tool. It’s simply a lot of fun to experiment with too. The time to create is now.
I’ve been so anxious for this to come out, but I also didn’t have high expectations. Most of the time, when computer softwares make an app, so many key features are missing; the apps feel clunky, and it’s always a pain to use and re-learn. I usually end up deleting the app and just sticking with the original. This is NOT the case here!
It truly feels like an extension of AI, and working in it is like second nature. All the basics are there, and bouncing back and forth between my iPad and laptop is seamless. I LOVE that I don’t have to worry about saving or exporting, loading to a cloud, then converting my files. I’m literally drawing vector lines with my Apple Pencil from the get-go, already in the format I need. Game changer! No more having to trace and clean up later. Also, manipulating points with my pencil is sooo much easier than clicking with a mouse.
Thank you guys for making such an incredible app, right out of the gate. Admittedly, I haven’t been in love with other iPad-version Adobe products, but this is truly amazing!!
This is great!
Fresco is great too, but I love vector with points! The align and snap features work pretty well. More features would be nice, like object scale and rotate commands. I’d love to be able type in the angle I want to rotate an object too!
Was skeptical how using just fingers would work but it does quite well, as I said the snaps are excellent. Using the curved points is a little tricky, but this is also challenging with a keyboard and mouse; however, I do find my self missing the nodes and handles more often than I’d like.
One thing I do like better in fresco (besides that it’s free) is the free rotate on the art board not sure why its not a feature on this version of illustrator. I know that’s how it’s always worked, but seems like a missed opportunity on the mobile, iPad version.
- Adobe Inc.
- 732.1 MB
- Graphics & Design
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPad Pro (12.9‑inch), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad (6th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (11‑inch), iPad Pro (11‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation), iPad (7th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (11‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (11‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (4th generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (4th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (4th generation), iPad Air (4th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (8th generation), and iPad (8th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular.
English, French, German, Japanese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Adobe. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Illustrator on iPad : Monthly $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.