Turn your phone into a full featured car video recorder at a fraction of the cost of the standalone device. Smart Dash Cam app automatically captures every driving moment using the auto-loop technology and collision detection. You can feel at ease having a dependable "silent witness" by your side. You can feel at ease having a dependable “silent witness” by your side.
- Built-in manual and auto recording mode
- Record video with low/medium/high/480/720 resolutions
- Record with or without audio
- Custom frame rate
- Display time/speed (metric and English units)/Map on video
- Turn off monitor while driving
- Auto record/Lock video when detecting an impact
- Allow music play while recording
- Continues loop recording. Older videos are overridden by newer ones to preserve space on the device.
- Allow to delete one/multiple or all files at once.
- Set time range for loop recording (up to 60 minutes)
- 2 options for how much storage space you want to store your videos: set Max capacity or allow use all of available space of your device.
- Store recorded videos within the app or upload to the clouds (Google Drive/Drop Box/Box Drive)
- Share video via email
- Upload video on Youtube
- Languages: English, French, German, Spanish
Fix some bugs
Ratings and Reviews
This app does exactly what it claims. Video quality is good. Has some shake but otherwise clear. The only problem I have is that on my iPhone 8’s, after about 20 minutes, the phone is so hot the phone shuts down. That is in an air conditioned pick-up truck. It could not be used continuously even on short trips.
Update: I installed this on my Samsung Galaxy S8+ and used it all day with no problems. I was driving a total of probably 2 hours off and on and the Galaxy never even felt warm. I was in the same truck using the same mount as with the iPhone mentioned above and the outside temps were about the same. So, obviously there is an issue with the program on the iPhone not necessarily with the program itself. I really like the program on the Galaxy. Oh, and by the way, there is no shake with the Galaxy because the camera has image stabilization. You can see the dash shake but the image is rock solid.
Bring back recording in GPS background
This dash cam app works very well. I love all the updates but there is one feature that has been removed. Before an update, the dash app used to record in the background while using a GPS app. After an update, it no longer does this. It stops recording when I switch over to the GPS app. Sometimes I need to have the GPS on-screen but still want the dash app recording in the background. Now it just stops recording when I have the GPS on-screen. Having this feature back would be great and would rate 5 stars if it did.
I use this on my 2016 Wrangler with a Rugged Ridge dash mount and it works great. I thought there was a problem with it at first because it would fill up the 1 gig space I had allotted. Turns out that if you have “lock video on impact” turned on in settings, and have a low impact setting, every bump and jolt will lock the video loop and start another. When you use up the space you have allotted, the oldest videos will not automatically delete, as they should, because they have been “locked due to impact”. I just turned “lock on impact” off entirely and have had zero issues since.
- JASON NGUYEN
- 50.6 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © IPCamSoft.com
- In-App Purchases
- full version of Smart Dash Cam $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.