Leap Second is the most comprehensive video journal app to capture, trim, and stitch your 1 second daily videos. Relive your favorite memories with Leap Second and easily share your life’s story with your friends and family. Playback and enjoy the highlight reel of your life!
It’s fast and easy to create your daily video journal with these Leap Second features:
- Calendar view: Videos are automatically populated into Leap Second’s calendar, making it super easy to organize your content.
- Multimedia support: Leap Second supports video, photo, and Live Photo in both landscape and portrait mode.
- Collaborate: Share a private link to your journal with your friends and family so they can join you in creating an epic 1 second video montage.
- Cloud storage: Securely back up your journal with Leap Second Cloud storage. You can use Leap Second across multiple devices and be confident that your videos will be safely stored in the Cloud.
- Music: Add multiple songs to a journal and showcase your video journal with the perfect soundtrack.
- Multiple videos: Add more than one video per day and reorder your videos in the order you want .
- Second extender: Extend your video up to 5 seconds to ensure you capture the perfect moment.
- HD: Create and share your video journal in 1080p and 4K.
Subscribe for cloud storage, extended duration, collaboration, 4k support and more
- Subscriptions are billed monthly or yearly at the rate selected depending on the subscription plan.
- Subscription auto-renew at the cost of the selected plan, unless canceled 24-hours in advance prior to the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for the renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. The subscription fee is charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. You may manage your subscription and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Setting after purchase. Per Apple policy, no cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. Once purchased, refunds will not be provided for any unused portion of the term. Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription, where applicable.
* You can now enable "Drop first frame" in settings, this might help solve issues when exporting your video if the original video was corrupt.
If you have any issues or have any features you want to see you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and Reviews
Went through and populated 6 months worth of video clips.. added them to the days, selected the best section, watched the advertisement required on the free version, to trim each clip and store the 1 sec inside the app. I really loved it!
Then one day I open the app thinking I will buy the pro version... and it’s ALL GONE. Sure, the videos are still on my phone- but I would have to go back and drag each one in, preview for the best section again.... BUMMER. I will update my review if they fix this issue- but this app wasted my time!
Great customer service- Jon helped me fix it! The leap second album accidentally got deleted, but I was able to restore them by adding the hidden clips back to the album!! Yay!
Great app, enjoying the experience!
I reserve 5 stars for either great customer service or a fantastic concept and execution.
PROS: Leap Second offers users an easy, functional way to document our lives in short form, making it possible to reflect on a month, or year, within a super reasonable time span. Being able to pick either a photo or video is great. The reminder option is great.
CONS: I get that this is intellectual property and the developers should make money from their work! Totally support that. I just think the upgrades could be a little cheaper, and that we don’t have to pay over and over to add one little thing here and there. Not sure I’m thrilled about having paid for several features on different occasions! Meh.
Overall, though, this is a really great lite app. What makes it most special is that it offers me a certain time every day to pause and reflect on my life, and to consider how I want to frame what was truly important that day. It’s got iconic features. Worth it.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your thoughtful review! I agree with you that there could be a better pricing structure for the app and I will review this. My inclination is to remove the separate purchases and just have the pro version available (but at a cheaper price).
If you have any comments on what you would think is fair here please let me know at email@example.com
Awesome, except ONE problem!
I love being able to post multiple videos per day, the calendar is great, and I like that you can extend videos to 5 seconds with the pro version (I think 1 second is too short). This is an awesome app!!
HOWEVER, one thing I really hate about this app is the video trimmer. It’s really difficult to select which specific part of the video you want to trim. Every time I want to choose a clip to trim, I have to watch the whole video, take note of the exact second that I want the clip to be trimmed, restart the video, pause exactly at that second, then press “trim”. I’m not sure if there’s an easier way to do it, but if there is I can’t figure it out?? :(
PLEASE this app would be literal perfection if only the video trimmer were better. My suggestion: let us “scrub” across the video with a selection box containing the 1-5sec clip, and allow us to dynamically preview the selection before committing to trim. Pls I would even pay extra money for this.
ANYWAYS I love this app please make it more perfect I will tell all my friends about it <3
Edit: ALSO I wanted to add - I would like to see some of the added features that are present in the original second a day app. Such as: create different timelines, export specific clips as one video, enter daily mood/notes, etc. I would love these features. The main selling point of your app, however, is the fact that I can post multiple videos in a day!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your review and your kind words! The video scrubber have that ability (maybe not super clear) but if you press the small play icon inside the scrubber (not the big one) it will play only what will be trimmed. That way you can move back and forth and only play the part you want.
Thanks for your other suggestions! Multiple timelines are coming soon, so stay tuned!
If you have any other questions or feedback feel free to reach out me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Norse Ventures LLC
- 69.9 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Norse Ventures LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Remove Watermark $19.99
- Leap Second $19.99
- 4k $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.