The Kinetic Fit App pairs with Kinetic's Smart Trainers and other fitness equipment to provide the most comprehensive workout experience for cyclists. Pick from workouts designed by professional coaches for real-time guidance on your target power and cadence or go for a Free Ride! Measure your progress with accurate post-ride analysis and take your workout results to your preferred fitness platform. Customize the user interface to display the most relevant data.
Real-time monitoring of over 50 data points including:
• Power (Current, Average, Max, Normalized, Rolling Averages, Kilojoules, Zones)
• Cadence, Speed, Distance, Calories
• Heart Rate (Current, Average, % of Reserve and Max, Zones)
• TSS, iFactor, Kcals, nPower
• Time in Power and Heart Rate Zones
• Session and Lap Durations, Averages, Maximums
• … and more!
• Professional Training Plans
• Power-zone based Workouts
• Interactive real-time graphing
• Automated FTP workout and training zone update
• Configure the on-screen displays for a completely personalized workout
• Automatic laps when doing a designed workout
• iOS Health integration
• Automatically share workouts to popular training and workout-sharing web sites
• Automatically upload workouts to Dropbox
• Export your workout session in .fit format
• Complete workout history with lifetime stats
• Trainer calibration for the most accurate power measurements
All workout data can be shared and synchronized with iOS Health to give you a more complete picture of your activity.
• Share speed, distance, heart rate and calories burned
Upgrade to a Kinetic Fit Smart Subscription and get access to:
• 30+ Training Plans
• Over 250 workouts plus unlimited Custom Workouts
• Support more hardware and more modes on non-Kinetic gear
• Stream YouTube playlists and AppleTV Video support
• More Analytics, unlimited workout Displays, and more app features!
• Simple subscription management through Apple's In-App Subscription
• Monthly and Quarterly Plans Available!
• Subscribe to the Quarterly plan and save!
The App requires Bluetooth Low Energy which is available on the iPhone 4S and newer and the iPad 3 and newer models.
The inRide sensor works with Kinetic Road Machine and Kinetic Rock and Roll Trainers.
Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Your subscription may be managed, and auto-renewal may be turned off, by going to your Apple Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when purchasing a subscription. Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
Fixed firmware update bug with iOS 13.
Ratings and Reviews
Awesome connection between Peloton App and Strava. Love it!
I do not have a Peloton bike, so syncing my rides with Peloton app (on iPad) to Strava has been a problem thus far. By syncing my IC4 bike and heart rate monitor simultaneously to Kinetic and Peloton apps allows me to enjoy the Peloton classes, and sync my workout to Strava seamlessly. I can see my HR, and cadence on both apps, but the Kinetic app allows me to see a lot of other readings during the workout! The Kinetic app also comes with quite a lot fun workouts and classes, many of them free of charge. What an awesome app that is easy to use, and one that solves a major syncing gap between apps. I cannot recommend Kinetic highly enough.
Zero Flexibility in App
I like the idea of the app. You can integrate biking stats with heart rate. There are several individual workouts to choose from as well as workout programs. The problem is, once I started a program, I could not do any of the other workouts. I also can only do the program workout on the planned day - not before or after. There’s a great FTP test at the beginning. However, I didn’t feel great, quit early and now I can’t retest it. When you’re in a workout, there’s a window that pops up for maybe two seconds to show your targets for that interval. Better be staring at your phone and read quickly, otherwise you’ll have no idea what you targets are. There’s a small chart at the bottom that shows three lines (best guess is power, cadence and speed). It only show next 30 seconds. No idea how long the total workout is or what to expect next beyond the 30 sec.
Update: I figured out how to select other workouts within chosen program either ahead or behind current date. It’s not easy or intuitive but it’s there.
A dog of an app
I have been using fitness trainers for over 15 years, and this kinetic smart trainer app is amongst the worst I’ve ever seen. They clearly are not focusing on updating the app to fix various bugs, such as the fact that calibration is a massive problem for many of their users. The interface itself is non-intuitive, with confusing messages to use simple functions like calibration,
and syncing. When you read support messages around many of the issues, they essentially blame the user.
While their early, non-smart versions of their trainer were good, they have simply not kept up with the times. They’ve been playing catch-up for 5+ years. instead of fixing issues or even getting ahead of the curve, they are hanging on for dear life and hoping to keep enough loyal users to keep revenues steady and eventually get bought by a bigger fish. Do yourself a favor and just go with the bigger fish in the first place.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Kurt Manufacturing Company Inc.
- 150.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Kinetic
- In-App Purchases
- Smart $9.99
- Smart $24.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.