The first in a series of innovative educational apps featuring Eric Carle’s much-loved character, The Very Hungry Caterpillar™, this magical learning adventure introduces preschoolers to shapes and colors.
You’ll love seeing your kids develop their reasoning skills – they'll love solving puzzles, exploring a beautiful 3D playground and having fun with The Very Hungry Caterpillar™.
When puzzles are completed, there are delightful and surprising interactions: watch as The Very Hungry Caterpillar™ floats away with a balloon, flowers magically grow, mechanical toys whirr into action, and hidden doorways open up for the Very Hungry Caterpillar to crawl into!
Prepare to be amazed: your toddlers are a lot smarter than you might imagine!
Over 50 puzzles in six categories increase with difficulty to keep kids engaged and excited. They'll learn how to:
• Recognise basic and advanced shapes
• Sort and match shapes with similar colors
• Compare light and dark shades
• Identify patterns and sequences
• Order shapes by size
• Combine shapes to complete pictures
• Developed in line with the US Head Start Child Development and Early Learning Framework
• Encourages logical thinking and math skills through comparing, sorting, identifying sizes and patterns
• Tapping and dragging strengthens fine motor skills
• Kids interact with a wide range of colors and shapes
The Very Hungry Caterpillar™ – Shapes & Colors is part of the StoryToys Jr. line. Designed for preschoolers, the app is a follow-up to the global bestseller My Very Hungry Caterpillar™:
* Kidscreen 2016 Award
* Winner of the 2015 Bologna Ragazzi Digital Award *
* The #1 Kids app in over 30 countries *
* Children's Technology Review, Top 10 Essential Apps for a Child’s First iPad *
* Tech With Kids Best Pick App Award *
Love our app? Please help us out and take a moment to review it on the App Store!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
My son loves it but...
My son is 21 months and just discovered this app! He can get pretty far all on his own through the different levels! He would happily play for hours if we let him (we don't, though, I promise 😉)
The only problem is, occasionally a piece will get "stuck" and we have to reset the entire game and he has to start back at the beginning again. I'm not sure what causes a piece to freeze, but it happens fairly regularly.
Great app but glitches
My four year old loves this app! The music is very peaceful and she loves matches shapes, colors and even shades of colors. The only problem is that every time she gets about ten minutes in, the app glitches and a shape won’t move and there’s nothing we can do but close the app and start over. It always bums her out to have to quit and start over.
Developer Response ,
Hi there. Sorry you're having problems with the app. Can you please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the details and we'll look into it for you. Thanks!
3 year old loves it but freezes often
It’s been really helpful for my 3 year old but no matter what activity you do, a piece seems to freeze and you’ll have to restart the app and it makes him start from the beginning.
- StoryToys Entertainment Limited
- 101.6 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © StoryToys Ltd, 2017
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.