AUM is the flexible audio mixer, recorder, and connection hub for your iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
Connect hardware inputs and outputs, Audio Unit extensions, Inter-App Audio apps, Audiobus, soundfile players, built-in signal processing and filters, in any configuration you want.
Route anything to anywhere with mix-busses, effect sends, audiobus ports, and external multi-channel audio interfaces.
Play hosted synths and instruments using the built-in keyboard or external MIDI controllers, or sequence them with AU MIDI plugins or from other apps using Virtual MIDI.
Record mixes, individual tracks, or both, straight into the storage space of AudioShare (no copying of files needed), with synchronized start and end for perfect loops.
Play back recordings, soundfiles and loops as channel sources in the mixer for backing tracks, further processing or mixing. Soundfiles can be opened from anywhere, including USB drives on iOS 13.
Route MIDI in any way you like using the MIDI matrix.
Synchronize everything with the transport clock and play in time with other apps or devices using Ableton Link, a new technology that synchronizes beat, phase and tempo of Ableton Live and Link-enabled iOS apps over a wireless network. Connect external music machines and synchronize them with MIDI Clock.
Includes built-in processing nodes for various stereo processing, Mid/Side balance and conversion, EQs and filters, limiting, clipping and saturation. Or use any 3rd party Audio Unit extension or Inter-App Audio effect.
All controls in the mixer can be controlled via MIDI, including parameters of hosted and built-in plugins.
"A brilliant idea that has been brilliantly executed. Top-notch technical stuff and highly recommended" - MusicAppBlog
"Feature rich, powerful, intuitive, and simple to use" - DubSpot
"Executes live mixing with surprising ease, with a load of extensive features under the hood, quick snappy response on the screen and audio" - AudioNewsRoom
• High quality audio up to 32-bit 96kHz
• Clean and intuitive user interface with crisp vector graphics
• Extremely compact and optimized code, very small app size
• Unlimited number of channels
• Unlimited number of effect slots
• Inserts and sends are configurable pre/post-fader
• Internal busses for mixing, effect sends, signal splitting
• Supports multi-channel audio interfaces for both inputs and outputs
• Supports Audio Unit extensions, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus
• Route MIDI output from Audio Unit extensions
• Supports Audio Unit multiple output and input busses (for side-chaining etc)
• Audiobus state saving
• Highly accurate transport clock
• Metronome with selectable output and optional pre-roll
• Sends host sync to Audio Unit plugins and IAA apps
• Play in time with Ableton Link, with Start/Stop support
• Slave external hardware via MIDI Clock
• FilePlayer with sync and looping with access to all your soundfiles
• Records straight into AudioShare storage space
• Record synchronized beat-perfect loops
• Built-in nodes for stereo processing, filtering and dynamics
• Latency compensation makes everything align at the outputs
• Multiple Inter-App Audio / Audiobus output ports
• Built-in MIDI keyboard
• Fully MIDI controllable
• MIDI Matrix for routing MIDI anywhere
BUILT-IN SIGNAL PROCESSING
• Stereo balance
• Stereo to mono
• Stereo panning
• Mid/Side balance
• Mid/Side - Stereo convert
• Invert Phase
• Parametric EQ
• Low-shelf filter
• High-shelf filter
• Low-pass resonant filter
• High-pass resonant filter
• First order All-pass filter
• Second order All-pass filter
• Hard clip
• Lookahead peak limiter
- Add Control Finder: tweak an AUv3 parameter to find and show its MIDI control
- Add BT MIDI setup button in MIDI Matrix for faster access
- Improved 'instance name' editor for AUv3 plugins, now with color picker!
- MIDI controls: sort by visual node order in channel strip
- MIDI controls: Add all/assigned/unassigned view filter
- Tap plugin keyboard button to hide keyboard if already connected and visible
- AUv3: add button for quick access to parameter mappings
- Add search bar in Files menu and Import Channels view
- AUv3: don't use contextName for short instance labels etc. Developers should go back to audioUnitShortName instead.
- AUv3: update contextName with host track/slot context, like 'A1:2' etc
- FILES menu: add home-button to quickly go back to root menu
- FILES menu: Add search/filter bar
- If no AUv3 plugins found, tell user to try a reboot
- Improve size of custom view presentation on iphone in landscape
- MIDI ctrl: Improve siblings view, when MIDI msg is mapped to more than one param
- iPhone: don't use popovers for plugin params and midi routing
- MIDI controls: Make each section easier to read, and add icon
- Use in-app product view for downloadable plugins/apps
- Files menu: put Sessions and Recordings in two top-level folders
- AUv3: remove show-own-controls toggle as it's not really used by any plugin
- FILES menu: set navigation bar title to SESSIONS or RECORDINGS
- FILES menu: make it wider
- Defer system gestures for all screen edges.
- AUv3: limit plugin windows max size to screen size, since larger are not supported by iOS
- Tweak value string for AU params in milli-range
- Updated LinkKit to 3.1.3
- Work around bug that allowed all touches through when presenting presets on iphone
- Fix defer screen edge gesture
- Lots of minor tweaks and fixes
- Ignore folder in tmpdir when trying to rescue lost recordings
- Fix layout issue in Import Channels
- Filter out bad values before sending out audio, avoids rare case of plugins making audio silent until AUM is restarted
- Fix wrong touch coordinates for AU windows opened in iPhone Landscape orientation.
- Handle very long channel names, avoid hanging in infinite loop
- Make HW input nodes safer, avoiding rare potential crash
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A Must Have For Music Makers!
The best yet,AUM draws the elements of the iOS music world together seamlessly and makes music creation a joy.
The experience has been a pure pleasure and I’m blown away by how much I can get done on my iPhone.
I’ll have Korg Gadget, Bias Amp and several synths and drum apps as well as audio in via usb mic or guitar DI, and Bluetooth midi controller and keyboard all going in a session.
I don’t really need to fire up the DAW too much, I still love Propellerheads Reason but AUM along with Gadget and Auria Pro is just so dam fast to fire up and start recording whatever idea I have at the moment. Incredibly powerful and inspiring, the software gets out of the way, I don’t want a computer around when I’m tracking, always hated it,hate looking at a big screen and waveforms, so this interface is for me much better than anything previous I’ve used. I love it!
AUM and AudioShare are must have tools.
The Best There Is
You can try others, but this is where you want to be if you are running any type of mobile rig. I found my happiness with this app, my instrument apps, an Novation Audiohub 2x4, a korg nanoKontrol2, and any keystation you’d like. I map different apps to different faders, and any parameter i want to. What makes this app so powerful is the fact that I can map any control value or anything via usb midi. And it just works. So good. Thank you for an amazing app! Keep up the great work! Only thing I wish was different was that I could have landscape and be able to zoom out to get some visible reference to when I control values on my interface. But it works great the way I have it too. 🤘🏼👍🏼
Great app but not so practical....yet.
This app would be so cool if you set it up as a live performing app. Every live keyboard player knows that you do not have time to turn down the volume knob on one patch and then turn up another patch. Last time I did that was with my arp quadra in 1979. Since the early 80’s we’ve simply pushed a button which gives us the next sound. So if I have to play horns for 2 measures, strings for 2 measures and organ for two measures I simple push ( for example) button 4, 1 and then 3(or however the patches are set up) When you are performing live you have no time to think about pulling levers down and up, you just want to push the next button, preferably larger than the itty bitty solo button on your App. I understand that AUM is set up as a mixer, I get it. And It is a brilliant app. I love what it does.
But AUM could do for the iPad what main stage has done with the computer. Make it usable on the gig.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Kymatica AB
- 8.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2015 Kymatica AB
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.