This widget solves the problem all Sonos users have: to control a list of all your S1 and S2 zones from your notification screen without the need to unlock your iPhone or launch the Sonos app.
SonoControls gives you Sonos volume and track controls for ALL your zones, as a widget on your Today Notification screen. This widget is accessible on your WiFi network, even when your Sonos is not playing! Great to come home and start your music, without the need to unlock your iPhone or launch the Sonos app.
See it in action on YouTube: https://bit.ly/sonocontrolsmovie
Need setup support? Contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org for personal support. Thank you!
Just swipe and control your Sonos system.
• Control all your Sonos speakers from the Today Notification screen
• Volume up, down, mute, play, pause, next, previous track
• Works great together with the official Sonos app! It adds a handy widget to your Today screen, even when your iPhone is locked
• Support for both S1 and S2, all in the same app
• Need to switch playlists? Simply tap the track/artist name text to start the official Sonos app (when installed)
• SonoControls is an independent and unofficial app, and is not affiliated with Sonos in any way.
• Clean layout with nicely sized controls and album artwork
• Works with both a single or multiple controllers, grouped and paired
• Show or hide speakers. Pick the speakers you'd like to see in your widget, and change the order of your speakers
• Show grouped speakers as a group, or as individual speakers
• The widget scales size to fit on the screen, but you can also pick your favourite size manually
• Set the volume precision to your taste, and limit the maximum volume to protect your ears
• Designed and built by somebody who uses his own Sonos system daily!
• No configuration needed, the app finds your Sonos system automatically. If you group or ungroup controllers with the Sonos app, just use the refresh button in the SonoControls app to see the new grouping
• Works for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
• Some Sonos network configurations do need manual IP address configuration, which is quite easily done in the App, tab settings.
• S1 and S2 speakers are displayed together in one app, in one list. SonoControls finds them all!
• The volume level number uses a bit larger font size in the widget. Thanks for the suggestion GzrD (UK app review).
• Widget size "small" now also displays room name in the label, just like size "medium". Thanks for the suggestion Matt (via email).
• Widget size "medium" is a fraction smaller so 4 speakers also fit on a 4.7 inch screen widget (iPhone 6/7/8/new SE)
• A few bugs have been fixed.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Download it last night. I’m disappointed the app is not working correctly. I hit any button on app and it lags to do function if it does it at all. Found your app in an article on Apple News and seemed to be the answer to my needs. Read most of reviews, all dated 2,3 and 4 years ago and most people rave about the app. Is the app out dated or perhaps I installed it incorrectly? Also want to know what the numbers in the upper left hand corner of the speaker ID box on app mean? I do not have a Facebook account nor do I want one so I can’t reach out to your support page. Please advise. Thank You
Developer Response ,
Thank you for also emailing me at email@example.com with this message. Yes the app is fully supported and on my other monitor there's XCode open with the an upcoming update supporting both S1 and S2 speakers in one list together. While we were unable to get it working for your Sonos / network setup after a few emails back and forth, which is regrettable but once in a while happens for certain situations, I do hope you were satisfied with the support effort (I always try to help users out whenever I can) and the refund. Best regards!
Exactly as described and thankful improvements to Sonos main app
To those dissatisfied - you should read more closely.
To those looking for an app on iOS that allows you to swipe quickly to your widget screen while locked (or otherwise) and skip songs, adjust volume, see song playing, and a few other small actions...this app is perfect. For me, it eliminates unlocking my iPhone via touchID and then opening he sonos app and then changing the song.
For those who want that, this app works flawlessly as described. Ignore the rankings from people who don’t understand the use case.
Thanks to the dev team for developing something that makes the sonos experience better, and for a reasonable price of $2.99. Good job!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your kind words!
Totally worth it
If you have Sonos this is a no brainer. It is easier to access within the widget menu and I like the fact you can adjust the size of the widgets.
It is best for changing volume, pausing or skipping the song. You can't group players within the widget but that's no problem, I don't expect it to. When you click on the widget the app opens anyway!
Developer Response ,
- 11.2 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Armenian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 DevMobile
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.