* Re-design of the "Note Names" interface with better readability
* New background image in lesson introductions
* New hint to help you find the "Exercise Options" in the beginning of an exercise
* Dictation exercises: After inserting a dotted note, the dotted option is now automatically deselected
* Minor improvements of the voice detection algorithm
* French Beginners Course revised
* Portuguese translation updated
* Italian translation updated
* Solved problem with random crashes on iPad
* Minor adjustment of vocal range for Counter-Tenor (changed lowest tone from F3 to E3) and Baritone (changed lowest tone from G2 to A2)
* Latency compensation value is now saved
* And a few other minor improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent ear training app
I am really enjoying this app. It has helped me identify some gaps I have and provided me with a more deliberate way to improve my ear. I like the variety of options: intervals (melodic up and down, harmonic), chord identification, chord progressions, rhythm, melodic dictation, etc.
This app provides me two major benefits:
1. It will (hopefully) turn my pretty good ear into a great ear.
2. It is helping me get some structured ideas of how to teach ear training to my piano students. (Something I have struggled with for a long time)
It has definitely been worth the cost so far. Once I master the General Workshop exercises I will definitely be buying the Jazz Workshop.
Developer Response ,
Thanks a lot for your positive feedback! If you have feature requests or questions about the app, don't hesitate to get in touch - we're here to help. You'll find a feedback option in the app's preferences. Cheers, Quentin from EarMaster.
Excellent but could use blog
I’d welcome a jazz blog wherein one could gather a feeling of how long it typically takes to master various jazz ear training exercises. Admittedly it takes me forever to master jazz chords and clap back rhythm exercises. Just wondering how others experience theses ear training jazz exercises. David
Great ET app
I would give this five stars if, on the teacher’s end, EM allowed tonic six-four chords, especially at cadences. I suppose it would also be nice to have a couple more options: 1) the ability to specify all inversions for user-defined chord progressions, and 2) a module that allowed students to identify soprano and bass factors in chord progressions. Other than those concerns, it’s a 5 in my book!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback. These are already high-priority entries on our to-do list, so they will eventually make their way to the App :)
- EarMaster ApS
- 270.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, Czech, Danish, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016-2019 EarMaster ApS
- In-App Purchases
- Customized Exercise: Interval Comparison $1.99
- Customized Exercise: Rhythm Imitation $1.99
- Customized Exercise: Rhythmic Sight-Reading $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.