Watch any web-video, online movie, livestream or live tv show on your LG Smart TV. Enjoy the show on your big screen with the no#1 web video streamer.
With Video & TV Cast for LG Smart TV you can browse the web and stream any web video, online movie, livestream or live tv show you want on your LG Smart TV. Mp4, m3u8, hls livestreams and also video-over-https are supported.
There is no time limit at all! You can watch videos of 2 minutes or 2 hours or even more. Just open Video & TV Cast, navigate to a website, wait for link detection and send the video with a single tap to your LG Smart TV. The discovered link will be shown below the browser. A tap on the link will start the show. You don't need to install a big media server like Plex or any other third party software.
>>> Important Notes
* To enable video casting please open the LG App Store (LG Smart World / LG Content Store) on your TV, search for 'TV Cast' and install the companion app.
* Please enter the ip-address of your iPhone/iPad by using the number pad and up/down/left/right keys on your TV Remote or scroll wheel on your Magic Remote. Just enter the numbers, no need to press the enter key.
* iTunes movies, Flash video and DRM protected videos like Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hulu, Vudu, DirecTV, Xfinity, HBO now are not supported!
* Please test your favorite videos with the free edition before upgrading!
* Please use the hardware remote of your LG for controlling the TV app and video playback.
* The app streams only the video part of a website and not the whole website content (No screen or tab mirroring!).
* Sometimes it is necessary to play the video on your iPad or iPhone first before it gets discovered by the app for streaming. It may also be neccessary to start casting multiple times until it works with specific videos.
* If a specific video is not working, please check the FAQ on the app startpage. If that does not help you, please drop us an email before leaving a negative comment on the App Store. We will try to add support for that website as soon as possible.
>>> PRO FEATURES
* Remote Playbar: Use the Playbar for advanced video control while browsing, including video scrubbing, forward, rewind, play, pause, stop. The playbar works on all LG Smart TVs.
* Local Videos: Cast your camera roll videos from an iPhone or iPad. Supports mp4, m4v and mov videos that were saved to the camera roll via Apples SD-Card/USB Adapter, iTunes Desktop Software or third party apps.
* Ad-Blocker + No Sponsoring Ads: The Pro app version has no ads and the Ad-Blocker blocks ads & popups on most websites that you visit. You can update, enable/disable ad-blocking at any time in the settings.
* Bookmarks: Save unlimited website bookmarks. Synchronize and transfer them between different TV Cast apps and iOS devices by using backup and restore via iCloud.
* Desktop Mode: Change the browser user-agent and cloak your iPhone/iPad as a desktop PC to load the desktop website instead of a mobile website. Please note that this will NOT enable video casting on websites that serve Flash videos in desktop mode.
* Change Homepage: Set your personal homepage in the settings
Disclaimer: This app is not affiliated with LG Electronics or any other trademark mentioned here.
- Bug fixes
Please rate us on the App Store == It‘s very quick and will help us improve this app to provide you with better features and services.
Ratings and Reviews
When trying to play from an apple phone, the picture quality is horrible. It is zoomed in and you can’t see the whole video on the screen.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for taking time to review our app. We apologize for the inconvenience. It would be very kind of you, if you could add a few more information, so that we can help you.
Which website / video is affected? Screenshots or video clips showing the issue are alos very welcome. More detailed information will help us to give you convenient and fast support. Thank you very much in advance. You can also reach us via E-Mail (email@example.com). We'd love to hear from you.
Buffering - buffering - buffering ...
Pure junk. There goes $6.99 in the dumper. Have been waiting 15 minutes for a 56 second video to cast - just says buffering. Turned everything off. Waited. Back on. Tried again. Same thing. Cleared cache and tried AGAIN. Same thing. Made certain that both iPhone and LG TV were on same network. They are. Tried again. Same thing.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for taking time to review our app. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Please try the following options that may help:
(1) Try to update your iOS device to to the latest version.
(2) Please make sure you have a stable internet connection (both your iOS device and the receiver device). Please also try to move your wifi access point (or router) nearer to your receiver device and your sender device to improve the signal.
(3) Please make sure that the energy-saving mode of your phone is not activated. This can lead to incorrect transmission.
(4) Please try to turn off both your smartphone and your Cast device completely (pull the plug) and let it cool down for about 5 minutes.
(5) Please make sure that your LG device has the correct time setting. Wrong time settings can lead to incorrect transmission.
If this does not solve the issue, please contact us again and try to add a few more information: Which website / video is affected?
Please also add information about the sender device (example: iPhone 7 with iOS 11.1) and the receiver device (example LG Smart TV model xyz).
Thank you very much in advance. You can also reach us via E-Mail (firstname.lastname@example.org). We'd love to hear from you.
Exactly what I needed
Now I don’t need to take my Apple TV from another room to our living room because now I can just sync my iPhone directly to my LG TV.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for taking time to review our app. We are glad that you like our app. Just wanted to let you know we improved the app with the latest release. Please give it a try and let us know what you think. We'd love to hear from you.
- Kraus und Karnath GbR 2Kit Consulting
- 19.1 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 17+ for the following:
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2kit consulting
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.