Keep It is notebook, scrapbook and organizer, ideal for writing notes, saving web links, storing documents, images or any kind of file, and finding them again. Keep It is the successor to Together.
Available on iPhone and iPad, and a separate app for Mac, changes are automatically made available across all your devices with iCloud. Keep It is the destination for all those things you want to put somewhere, confident you will find them again later.
Create, edit, view and save:
• Notes with styles, checklists and attachments that look good and read well on all your devices
• Web links with live previews, or saved as PDFs for offline viewing
• Rich and plain text files, and Markdown documents
• Annotate PDF documents (and images on iOS 13)
• Add any other kind of file, and see previews for most images, documents, web pages, and more
• See summaries and thumbnails in the list for most files
• Use icon view for browsing items by their thumbnails
• Use the Recents list to see things you’ve added or viewed lately
• Share folders and items with other Keep It users via iCloud
• Open multiple windows on iPadOS
• Folders let you organise things hierarchically — select a folder to see everything it and its subfolders contain
• Use bundles to gather items into one place — items can be in more than one bundle at a time
• Use labels to color-code items for quick visual recognition
• Add searchable tags and comments
• Make items favorites and drag lists to the Favorites Bar for quick access
• Drag and drop to organize on iPad
Search and Filter:
• Search everything in Keep It: names, tags, file contents, dates, kinds and more
• Text recognition for scanned documents and images
• Create saved searches that match items against a set of rules
• Use keywords and natural language for dates while searching
• Use the Tag Filter to see all items with a tag and any other relevant tags; choose another tag to drill down further
Use Keep It with other apps:
• Works with the Files app
• Share extension can add links, text, images and other files, and append text to notes from within other apps
• Save and open documents in other apps
• Automate tasks with the Shortcuts app
Use of Keep It Mobile requires a paid subscription that you can purchase in the app.
A choice of either a monthly or yearly subscription is available, and these include a free trial.
Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account following the free trial, unless you cancel the subscription at least 24-hours before the end of the trial period.
The subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
Your iTunes Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
Subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
- On iOS 13, the tag filter and list mode buttons are now shown when searching.
- On iOS 13, messages dragged from mail will have names that match the message’s subject.
- Fixed an issue where using home screen shortcuts may not always work on iOS 13.
- Fixed an issue where the text menu could be shown while stepping through occurrences of found text in a PDF document on iOS 13.
- Fixed an issue where changes may not always be saved when using “Set Properties on Keep It Items” shortcut on iOS 13.
- Fixed issues with state restoration when switching away then back to the app on iOS 13.
- Improved the appearance of the share extension on iOS 13.1.
- Fixed an issue where the correct state may not be restored at startup on iOS 12.
- Fixed an issue where the currently viewed item might no longer be displayed when rotating larger iPhones to landscape.
- Fixed an issue where tapping the preview of an item when showing a contextual menu would not open that item.
- Fixed an issue where selecting an item that hasn’t already been downloaded in icon view could result in “No Item” being shown in the preview.
- When editing groups and the delete button is tapped, only the delete swipe action is now shown.
- Fixed an issue using Hebrew in notes and rich text documents.
- Fixed an issue where it would not be possible to hide the Markdown preview with a hardware keyboard shortcut when the preview is visible.
- Added a “Do Not Restore State at Startup” option to Settings.
Ratings and Reviews
A Perfect Information Manager
This app, along with the macOS counterpart, is by far the best file/information/data management app that’s out there. I have looked into Evernote, OneNote, Bear, DevonThink, and EagleFiler on the Mac and Keep It wins our over all of them. On top of that, it is by far the best designed app out of all of them. I hope the developer continues to keep it updated for years to come (that is one of my main concerns, however, everything can be exported or the developer ever stops supporting the app).
Searching (even within PDFs and some obscure file formats) has worked perfectly for me every time.
My only feature request would be to include an markdown preview mode for markdown files (or at least give things like heading/bold/italics different styles while editing). This goes for the Mac app as well, since I use that more than this mobile version. Syncing between both also works perfectly.
Looks good, great concept, but constant crashes
I want to like Keep It because it would be very helpful for keeping all of my data, links, notes, etc organized. However, every time I try to add a file (a pdf from safari) the app crashes and the file is not saved. This has also happened several times when trying to add a web page (not for offline viewing) but I was eventually able to get it to work. I am also concerned about what happens to my data if my subscription is accidentally cancelled (issue with my card on file with iTunes which happens often for some reason) or if I decide to try a different app/service. Will there be a way to export my data from Keep It or will it just be lost? In the end, it seems like a simplified version of DEVONThink. I am looking for an alternative because lately I’ve had issues with DEVONthinks sync stores (tells me I entered the incorrect encryption key, but I have checked multiple times and there is zero chance I am entering the incorrect key). DEVONThink has a ton more “features” than Keep It, but many of them are overkill for my use case. I just want to have one place to organize all of my documents, files, notes, websites, etc that allows me to easily find what I need regardless of which device I am using. If Keep It can fix the crash issues I will give it a shot. Until then, the search continues.
Developer Response ,
Sorry you are having problems. I cannot seem to recreate the issue with the PDFs or saving web links, and I can’t see any relevant reports for v1.2.4 yet, so if you’re still having an issue, please send a support request from within the app: tap the gear icon above the Lists view, tap the Help button in the lower right, tap Get In Touch and tap Report a Problem.
Nothing will happen to your data if your subscription fails to renew, and provided the app is still installed you can continue to access all your files in the Files app, and import that data into other apps, provided they can import from the Files app. If you use the Mac version, Keep It stores everything in files and folders in the Finder, and you can export a copy of everything using the File > Export All Items menu item (or using the Export Files button in the Subscription panel, if your subscription has expired).
Can’t use this because it doesn’t handle images correctly in rich text files
On MacOS the rich text files seem to work as expected, but on iOS if there’s any image at all in the document, scrolling breaks. As soon as you touch finger to screen to scroll the document, if there’s an image where your finger touches then the image will go to full screen preview. You can cancel out of that but if you then try to scroll again, as soon as you touch the screen it pops back up to the full screen preview. When images are narrower than the full width of the document, you can work around this by touching to the right of the image, but when they’re full screen there’s nothing you can do and you’re stuck unless you tap the top of the window to jump to the start of the document.
I was looking forward to this app because it offers tagging, which is the one thing the default Notes app doesn’t offer. I’ll keep it on my iPad until the two week trial runs out just in case this is a bug and you’re issuing a fix. Otherwise I can’t use it, which is too bad.
Developer Response ,
Sorry about this, a change in iOS 13.1.1 caused it. It's fixed in Keep It 1.7.3, which is available now.
- Steve Harris
- 46 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Hebrew
- Age Rating
- Rated 17+ for the following:
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2004-2019 Reinvented Software
- In-App Purchases
- Keep It Mobile $9.99
- Keep It Mobile $1.49
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.