In this version we've:
- fixed a bug that caused duplicate push notifications to appear in the Notifications Centre. These are now correctly aggregated.
Ratings and Reviews
Very limited, almost not useful at all
For people who use Confluence with their teams, this is not a useful app. Though the desktop browser experience of Confluence is buggy and the mobile browser is poor, this app omits almost everything useful about Confluence:
- it does not update pages in the app when server pages are edited
- you can’t use any of the page templates to create new pages
- page editing lets you enter text, lists, and bold/italic only. No @ or [ or // references, no linking at all, inserting tables, adding pictures, indenting, adding table rows, etc. Even on an iPad with a keyboard. It’s useless for taking meeting notes.
- Most widgets on pages don’t work: search boxes, Task Canvas, Gilphy graphics, etc. everything is replaced with a “view desktop version” button that takes you out to the browser, where you’ll end up staying. At that point why have an app?
They say this is the start and more will come. Sadly this is a long way from being a useful collaboration tool. If all you need is a quick look at your favorite pages that other people update and you can comment on, it might work for you.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the detailed feedback, and sorry to hear the app isn’t living up to expectations. I’ve sent a detailed response via email, but on a high level, please be aware that currently this is just our 1.0 release. We want to be able to gauge feedback from users such as yourself and adjust accordingly.
To address a couple of the points that you've raised:
- Edited pages not updating in the app: While the page doesn’t automatically update (as it shows a cached version), pulling the page down to refresh it will always show the latest version. We’re considering whether to improve this behaviour in future releases.
- Widgets don't work: Most of these are 3rd party add-ons for Confluence. While we’ve provided 3rd party vendors with information on how to make their add-ons compatible with the app, it’s in the hands of the vendors themselves to prioritize and deliver these changes. We’ve left a “view desktop version” for users who still need to use these add-ons on mobile in the interim.
We always welcome feedback from our users, and will be taking all of your feature requests onboard to consider for future releases.
Barely any editing tools
Would be great for this to be more for editing (especially on an iPad) in addition to viewing.
As far as reviewing goes, supporting deep linking would go a long way.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the review. We'll be considering more editing functionality in later releases.
In terms of deeplinking, unfortunately this is a limitation of the fact that every instance has a completely unique URL. We'll continue to look into solutions, but don't have anything available currently.
This applies to the web version and the app alike: Confluence is a complete UX mess. The WYSIWYG editor is the deranged little brother of the excellent Google Docs, many buttons in Confluence are on the wrong place in the wrong flow and the apps have different features from the web version. Generally Confluence is the pinnacle of slowness and patience is needed to prevent smashing your keyboard or mobile device through the window.
I absolutely hate, hate, hate Confluence but unfortunately in its goals it’s the best we have, and it happens to be our standard tool.
Atlassian must have a very lazy or ineffective group of people, more interested in raising prices of their cloud subscriptions and not providing quality software.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your in-depth feedback! We really appreciate it. We're sorry to hear about your experience. We would be happy to discuss these issues further. It would be great if you could send us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org, we'll be happy to look into these issues for you. Thanks!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.