Prism is a versatile music player for Plex and Apple Music.
- Access music already on your device or in your iCloud Music Library*, or add a free Plex account to stream your music from anywhere in the world.
- Refine your library by adding one or more filters
- Various options for sorting and displaying your library
- 7-band equalizer
- CarPlay support
Payment required to unlock additional features:
- Download music from your Plex server to play later without an internet connection
- Automatically switch between light and dark themes
- Configure default sorting for libraries, artists and albums
- Import playlists from iTunes and Plex libraries
* The built-in iOS music app must be installed for local or iCloud Music Library support
- Fixed an issue causing purchase view to display instead of the download manager. Sorry about that.
- Fixed a crash that could happen if app is backgrounded while library metadata is being loaded
- Fixed a crash when displaying filter view under some conditions
- Fixed a few layout issues when using larger font sizes
- Added Hebrew translation
- Added Italian translation
- Support for creating and deleting playlists
- Support for adding to and removing from playlists
- Various improvements to image caching:
- Thumbnails are now created from larger versions of the same image that already exist on disk
- If available, smaller versions of an image are temporarily displayed while the correct size is downloaded from the server
- Images now use far less space on disk
- Playlist sort order now ignores leading articles (“The”, “An”, “A”)
- Smart playlists imported from Plex / iTunes are now differentiated from regular playlists by a gear icon
- Improved equalizer handling when connected to an AirPlay device
- Improved equalizer counter-clipping algorithm
- Long pressing an artist will now show the full artist photo (no longer clipped to a circle)
- You can once again long press on play/shuffle buttons to display queue options (erroneously removed in a previous version)
- The app will now correctly recover from system media service resets. This should fix the issue where playback becomes unresponsive under some circumstances.
- Fixed an issue where libraries would not load correctly if the server contained a Plex Arcade library
- [CarPlay] Fixed an issue where queueing an album under the index tab would queue all albums in that category
- Fixed an issue causing playback to fail when attempting to play some downloaded FLAC files
- Fixed an issue where playlists would not update their contents correctly
- Various layout fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This is now the only music app used on my iPhone. Streaming my Plex library of flac files sounds incredible in my car. So far I have had only a single instance of connectivity issues, and that was caused by my cable provider. Otherwise no buffering whatsoever. The only playback issue that I would hope to see improvement on is that the app doesn’t always remember where I was when listening to my entire library on shuffle, but to me that’s a very minor problem. The presentation of the album art and track info is gorgeous, and my only other wish would be that the text in dark mode would be changed to all white, the gray used there is a bit hard to read. Other than that, I’m thrilled to have found this app. Kudos to the developers, really well done!
Really excellent for listening to Plex library
I originally bought this app just to be able to access my Plex music library from CarPlay, which it does pretty well. But I’ve wound up using the app all the time when all I want to do is listen to music. The Plex app tries to do too much, and it’s great to have a single app focused on accessing one type of media from your Plex library.
One thing I do wish is if it was easier to find music in the CarPlay interface. Having buttons dedicated to showing all the Artists or Albums in my library is not useful since it’s just a massive list I have to scroll through. I guess I could get to the album I want to listen to eventually, but I’ll probably get in a car accident while scrolling through the list!
Best music player period
I’ll just say this app is awesome! I just started using plex and I’ve always been frustrated with how most music players force me to use their navigation system. This app gives you so much control over how you want to set up the navigation and filter of your music files. Worth every penny for the in app upgrade. Don’t hesitate it’s worth the upgrade. It’s worth more in my opinion. Extremely good app for listening to music files via plex or Apple Music. Mainly plex.
Thanks for the updates. Bigger album artwork and such is my request.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Lachlan Charlick
- 18.5 MB
- Requires iOS 13.5 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.5 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.5 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Czech, Finnish, German, Hebrew, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Lachlan Charlick
- In-App Purchases
- All Features $4.99
- Tip++ $2.99
- Tip $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.