Prism is a versatile music player for iCloud and Plex that lets you quickly access, refine and arrange your music to create interesting dynamic playlists.
▶ ACCESS music already on your device or in your iCloud Music Library*, or add a free Plex account to stream your music from anywhere in the world.
▶ REFINE the songs you want to include in your playlist by adding one or more filters
▶ ARRANGE how you want to view and play your music
Display an artist’s discography as a list of songs or albums; sort artists, albums or songs alphabetically or by popularity and more.
▶ PLAY your new playlist using the universal play or shuffle buttons
Songs will be queued using the filters and arrangement you’ve configured.
• Choose between light and dark themes and various accent colours
• CarPlay support
Payment required to unlock additional features:
• Add a Plex account to access your music or music shared with you
• Download music from your Plex server to play later without an internet connection
• Automatically switch between light and dark themes
• Configure default sorting for libraries, artists and albums
• Import playlists from iTunes and Plex libraries
* The built-in iOS music app must be installed for local or iCloud Music Library support
• Deleted items can now be viewed before cleaning up under Settings > Storage > Deleted Items
• [Apple Music] Fixed an issue where playback queue would not advance when “Use System Player” option was disabled
• [Apple Music] Fixed an issue where playback would start automatically on launch in some circumstances
• [Apple Music] Fixed an issue where playback would not resume from correct time after app relaunch
# Version 2.1:
• [Plex] Support for converting (“transcoding”) streamed audio. Check Settings -> Streaming Quality for options.
• The app now uses a soft-delete system for missing files and libraries, similar to Plex. Items missing from the source library after a refresh will be hidden but not deleted. Clean up under Settings -> Storage.
• Support for customising image cache size under Settings -> Storage
• 3D Touch / long pressing Artist, Album and Song search results now displays action menu
• Support for viewing all search results (no longer limited to 5 items)
• Tapping a song in Now Playing “Up Next” list will skip to that song
• New option to blur Now Playing background under Settings -> Playback
• New option to disable system music player for Apple Music libraries under Settings -> Playback
• The app can now be launched using the prism-music:// URL scheme
• [CarPlay] New “Index” tab that lets you quickly navigate to an artist/album/song by letter
• Artist and Album tabs are now unlocked (can be edited from More tab -> Edit). This means all tabs can now be arranged in any order you’d like.
• The Tags, Playlists and Settings tabs now use side-by-side split view on iPad
• Search results are now ordered by best match
• Search results now include songs and albums by Song Artist
• Increased Now Playing seek bar grabber size
• Various VoiceOver and accessibility improvements
• [CarPlay] Various performance and reliability improvements
• Purchase button is now VoiceOver enabled
• Fixed an issue where incorrect results were displayed using inverted “Playlist” and “Tagged” filters
• [CarPlay] Fixed issue where shuffling would only queue up first 1,000 songs
• Fixes for 10+ crashes
Thank-you for the continued support. If you have the time, a review or rating makes my day!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This is now the only music app used on my iPhone. Streaming my Plex library of flac files sounds incredible in my car. So far I have had only a single instance of connectivity issues, and that was caused by my cable provider. Otherwise no buffering whatsoever. The only playback issue that I would hope to see improvement on is that the app doesn’t always remember where I was when listening to my entire library on shuffle, but to me that’s a very minor problem. The presentation of the album art and track info is gorgeous, and my only other wish would be that the text in dark mode would be changed to all white, the gray used there is a bit hard to read. Other than that, I’m thrilled to have found this app. Kudos to the developers, really well done!
Really excellent for listening to Plex library
I originally bought this app just to be able to access my Plex music library from CarPlay, which it does pretty well. But I’ve wound up using the app all the time when all I want to do is listen to music. The Plex app tries to do too much, and it’s great to have a single app focused on accessing one type of media from your Plex library.
One thing I do wish is if it was easier to find music in the CarPlay interface. Having buttons dedicated to showing all the Artists or Albums in my library is not useful since it’s just a massive list I have to scroll through. I guess I could get to the album I want to listen to eventually, but I’ll probably get in a car accident while scrolling through the list!
Made me love using Plex for Music
I have all my media in Plex but hated using their app for music. I recently found Prism and it changed my whole perspective. It's an elegant app dedicated to just music. As a result I forgrt that it is even using Plex behind the scenes (that's a good thing!). Has everything you'd expect from a good music player. It's smart enough to know if you're on your local network or remote. Downloads are handled seamlessly. I may finally now be able to cancel iTunes Match!
- Lachlan Charlick
- 25.9 MB
Requires iOS 12.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Lachlan Charlick
- In-App Purchases
- All Features $4.99
- Tip $0.99
- Tip+ $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.