From the makers of the Persona series, Shin Megami Tensei Liberation Dx2 is the latest entry in the three-decade-long Megami Tensei video game franchise; bringing its dark themes, thrilling battles and mysterious storylines to life, to mobile platforms!
Take on the role of a Devil Downloader, also known as a Dx2.
Dx2s are able to summon and command demons using a special smartphone app.
Led by a mysterious man, you gain access to this special app and become a member of the Liberators, a secret organization that fights to protect the world from an opposing faction of Dx2s.
The enemy is known only as the Acolytes.
Driven by their own ideology, the Acolytes abuse their demon-summoning capabilities to wreak chaos, and are secretly eliminating people with high empathy quotients (EQ) who pose a threat to their goals.
Pick up your smartphones and join us in this quest to protect the world from the evil Acolytes!
- Summon and Fuse new demons.
- Press Turn battle system.
- Collect, Enhance, and Evolve demons; customize your Party, and apply different tactics to defeat your opponents.
Massive collection of demons
- Over 160 unique demons from the original series.
- High quality 3D graphics brings demons to life like never before!
- Each demon has its own skills. Transfer skills, and take advantage of each demon’s strengths to win in battles against tough opponents!
Augmented Reality Ready
- View demons in 360-degrees with the Augmented Reality mode.
- Pose and take pictures with your favorite demons!
Optimized for mobile with new game elements
- Enhance, Evolve and Awaken different Archetypes to form a formidable party!
- Battle Assist feature allows you to lend a hand to fellow Liberators in battle, and allows others to help you.
- Auto-battle and Speed Up mode for more play in less time.
Feature-packed for hours of fun!
- Deep JRPG storytelling. Explore modern Tokyo, including places such as Akihabara, Shinjuku and Kudanshita.
- Investigate the Aura Gate to find valuable materials.
- Participate in seasonal events and win rewards that can make your team stronger.
- Challenge other players in the PVP “Dx2 Duel” mode.
- Summon and interact with demons in real life with the new AR function: Demon Scanner!
Japanese voice acting
- Turn on the sound for the full Shin Megami Tensei experience, complete with vivid narrations by the original Japanese cast!
Original Work: ATLUS
Script: Makoto Fukami
Character Design: Tatsuro Iwamoto
Official Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/d2megaten.official/
Official Website: https://d2-megaten-l.jp/en
[Ver.6.2.20] Update Details
・Other minor adjustments.
*See in-game info or the official site for details.
Ratings and Reviews
The best gacha, PERIOD
I am a huge Megaten fan for the last 8 years so I can AT LEAST guarantee that this game is an absolute treat for Megami Tensei fans. They're always adding demons from across ALL ERAS of the franchise, and there's crossovers with DEVIL MAY CRY, BERSERK, GHOST IN THE SHELL, and more. There are so many different fun games modes that reward you so generously you will NEVER have to SPEND on this game. They even hand over rewards for streams, maintenance compensation, and run-of-the-mill banners. And trust me, there is no shortage of banners, in fact there is never NOT one. As usual for Megaten, this game's mechanics are very complex. There's layers of customization and meta that never end. You will always have goals to work toward, making teams of your favorite demons for different tasks. This game has it all--good music, amazing graphics, deep engaging mechanics, tons of free content, lots of online participation, and even the world/story has really gotten interesting as the game has developed. Hee-Ho Megatennists, and welcome new players--you won't find a phone game better than Dx2 Shin Megami Tensei: Liberation.
Good but might not be the best first impression
I’ve had a lot of fun with the game. The problem is that for newcomers this game might deviate them from trying out a real Shin Megami Tensei. Many things are different from traditional SMTs though mostly just simplified versions, but the story, characters and many other details have much less quality than an usual SMT game. I know this is made to be a stand-alone game, but a mobile game is a great way to introduce new players to the franchise since pretty much everyone has a phone. Not to say it has no similarities with a mainline one, but it may give a wrong idea of what a Shin Megami Tensei game is or give a bad impression because of the different quality between this one and the usual SMTs. Another thing, though not one very important is that the soundtrack is not at the same level the other games usually are. It was still an enjoyable experience, though I’d rather replay any Shin Megami Tensei, Devil Summoner, Devil Survivor, Digital Devil or Persona. Also, to people who are familiar with the whole franchise already, think of this as an alternative to have on the go. To people that are new to SMT, I encourage you to play any SMT game that isn’t this one and truly experience what this franchise has to offer.
While it looks like the game is trying it’s hardest to get you to spend some money, it’s not. You don’t need premium currency to progress. Energy is fair and plentiful. Farming is a key part of the game. The game does so many things write that it makes up for the things it does wrong. About what it does wrong though. The game isn’t generous. It doesn’t hold your hand for even a second. Yes, the starting levels are easy but it gradually grows harder and harder. This requires you to farm previous levels (particularly the leveling ones) to progress. The plus the fact that you can get more creatures for more experience is more than enough to make up for that flaw. The game also has flaws in terms of glitches. They do not break the game but it’s not recommended to play on a wobbly internet connection. This game is well polished but it does take quite a drain on the battery though. It doesn’t matter because this game is worth it. It’s really fun and kills time more than anything (even some MOBAs). This game is definitely going in a good direction.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- SEGA CORPORATION
- 471.2 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- In-App Purchases
- Mega Gem Pack I $3.99
- Limited time only Gem pack Ⅰ $16.99
- Premium Gem Pack $7.99
- Mega Gem Pack Ⅱ $23.99
- Bargain Gem Pack $2.99
- Mega Gem Pack II $12.99
- Monthly Pass $15.99
- Skill Support Pack $14.99
- Value Gem Pack $1.99
- Mega Gem Pack Ⅲ $79.99