Many apps record caffeine, but most never learn about you and your habits. What if your caffeine tracker were smarter?
• One-tap logging of your most-frequent sources
• Logging via voice with Siri shortcuts
• Smart reminders to keep you on track
• New insights into your caffeine routine with charts and detailed stats
• Integration with HealthKit, for secure data storage
RECaf was designed and built to take advantage of all the latest and greatest features available to you on your phone. And the best part—you can try it for 14 days, risk free, with an auto-renewing annual subscription thereafter.
More features include:
• Completely customizable source list. Add any sources you like and adjust the caffeine levels, measurement units, and icons.
• Easy-access to your most frequent sources. RECaf automatically brings the caffeine you use most often to your fingertips
• Shortcuts for any source—from the source list, choose any source, record a unique audio phrase, and then log that source with your voice.
• A favorites panel grants easy access to those sources you like but don't log as often.
• Interactive notifications with machine learning — RECaf will study your caffeine intake over time and learn what time (if any) you tend to log on a particular day. So if you usually have coffee at 10am on Mondays, skip Tuesdays, then have green tea at 7am on Wednesdays, RECaf will send you quick reminders only on the appropriate days and at the appropriate times, if it notices you haven't yet logged your "usual." Adjust the time of the log right in the notification, and log with a tap.
• Statistics about your caffeine intake.
• Number of items logged today
• Number of mg of caffeine logged today
• Average items and mg over the past 7 days
• Average items and mg over the last 30 days
• Number of items logged in the past week past your designated "after hours" time
• Breakdown of logging percentages by time of day (morning, afternoon, evening)
• The last item logged and percentage of entries
• The most frequent item logged and percentage of entries
• Your typical "routine" for each day of the week. (Time and source)
• Sleep analysis: How does caffeine effect your sleep?
• A comprehensive list of all items logged in your HealthKit database. (Even those not logged with RECaf.)
• The ability to edit your entry dates and amounts. Or delete entries that may have been logged erroneously.
Download and try RECaf today. A yearly subscription to our 12-month premium features will automatically renew 24 hours prior to expiration of your free trial. To turn off auto-renew, visit subscription settings inside the Settings app on your device.
Annual Premium subscription features include:
• Recording caffeine log entries right within RECaf
• Customizing the source list, including editing or removing existing items and adding new ones
• Reminders when you may have missed a log
• Quick access to the most frequently used sources
This version fixes a bug introduced in the last version, which caused water logging to break when using shortcuts. Sorry about that.
If you enjoy using RECaf, please consider leaving a rating or review. It really helps. Thanks.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
LOVE RECaf app!
RECaf is great for people who are caffeine sensitive or just want to know how caffeine might be impacting their health. Using RECaf brings awareness of how much caffeine I’m drinking/eating (chocolate!) every day. Before using this app I took in more caffeine than I’d imagined. Seeing the amount of caffeine, ex 50 mg, made made me realize that having over a certain amount per day contributes to sleep problems. So now I can track my caffeine making sure I drink 50 mg or less to sleep well. Or, if I’m ok with staying up a little later than usual I can have another latte.
Simple to use for most cases but buggy and unintuitive in others
Tried to do a fairly simple task: add an 8 oz coffee and change the time to earlier in the day. When I changed the time, it created an additional entry instead of changing the existing entry. Health only registered one, but the the app showed extras.
Also tried to do another fairly simple task: add 4oz of coffee, because I had half a cup. There’s no way to do this without adding another amount. Seems like it should just pop up a number picker.
The base use case, though, is pretty great. I set up “log coffee” as a Siri Shortcut, so I don’t even open the app. If I do, the entry is right there. I chose not to subscribe because of the time issue and inability to quickly change oz count though. Hopefully these will be fixed in the future!
Developer Response ,
Good news! The duplication issue was resolved several versions ago. And you have the ability to create custom amounts when entering your caffeine. On those occasions, just log using the custom logging sequence, rather than your frequents or favorites. So log those half-cups (or any amount you need) as often as you like. And set the date and time to whatever you need as well.
Like the app but need help when it won’t log the full mg content in its entirety
When I first downloaded this app i really enjoyed it because I was able to track my caffeine intake throughout the day. The problem is that sometimes instead of recording the amount of caffeine in it’s entirety it only does record like 0.8 or lower of caffeine for each drink I input. In order to fix this I have to erase all my drinks and reinput them all and then it’s fixed. Don’t know why it’s doing this but need help desperately
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Joseph Cieplinski
- 71.3 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 13.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.4 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 by Joe Cieplinski
- In-App Purchases
- RECaf Yearly Premium $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.