• Available on all your devices, on iOS, iPad and macOS •
• Highlight text, add notes and annotate any webpage directly into your Safari browser. All your edits are permanently saved for future review and you can also search, explore and remove content •
Everything is stored locally, no remote service involved, no accounts, no logins - it's simple.
Highlighter for Safari is a great extension, just a click away, ready to use every time you need to keep track of what's important, mark relevant information or enhance your understanding.
• Highlight text in Safari with multiple colours to choose from
• Add post it notes on any webpage
• All notes and highlights are permanently saved and you can review them whenever you comeback to your pages
• Search for highlighted content and notes
• Explore and remove added highlights and notes
• Export your notes in a rich text format
• Activate with a hotkey: hold down the Option key and start highlighting
• Import and backup highlights
We read your support emails every day, day by day.
Write with confidence any question, feedback or complaint and you will receive an answer in a very short period of time.
• Fixed a notes rendering problem when sites are dark
• The app is now available on all your devices, on iOS, iPad and macOS
Ratings and Reviews
Works, but there are issues.
It's better then the rest of the highlighting apps out there for Safari, but this has some issues. Lately, the highlighting will at times oddly split a line and the post-it feature is cool but the note will disappear if you scoll a page at times (I have been reloading the page to have it reappear).
Again, better then most but can use some updating to make it so much better. More quick keys (i.e., hightlight color cycling, post-it note and even post-it note color cycling, etc.), the ability to boldface/italic copy on the post-its, and finally the ability to print a page with all highlights and notes in the places you put them (...even if the entire page is rasterized to an image in order to do it).
Much appreciated and thank you!
Works but usability is not great: somewhat hokey
A far better tool for highlighting is the LINER app, which works how you'd hope a highlighter would, except that it records everything you do and costs a lot of money every month.
This Highlighter app works, but there's huge room for improvements. For one thing, the eraser should be accessed from a key. Holding down SHIFT and OPTION, for example, while dragging across text should remove any highlights. Personally, I'd rather select the text, first, and then chose to add or remove highlights, by some inline option: see how LINER does it.
Also, changing the highlight color or adding a note should be a simple option, inline with the selected text.
Developer Response ,
I'm taking notes of all user feedback and I will implement them in the near future, so thank you for this review.
Compared with other apps I think Highlighter has the advantage of ease of use (no accounts required), no subscriptions and so on.
The app already have a shortcut (press Option to start highlighting) - but I agree that the app can be improved and I will add new features in the future.
You can also write me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will gladly provide you with more details.
Kudos to the developer! I was looking for a simple highlighter for safari and this is the one! It integrates really well and saves the highlights for future reference. Absolutely worth the money.
This is a personal request, could you create a PDF reader where I can change the background & text color as I am visually impaired?
Again, thank you for creating this app!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Denk Alexandru
- 4.8 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 10.12 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Denk Alexandru
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.