Seizure Alert-My Medic Watch is a smartwatch app which interprets data captured by sensor technologies on your watch. By using innovative algorithms, it automatically detects if the wearer has a seizure and activates immediate emergency assistance.
My Medic Watch provides monthly and yearly subscriptions which include a 30-day free trial.
We do not sell or provide smartwatches, view our compatible smartwatch options at https://www.mymedicwatch.com/smartwatches/
Today, more and more people are choosing to live independently, in their own homes, aided by vital technology innovations like Seizure Alert - My Medic Watch, which was validated by Medical trials in Sydney.
Seizure Alert-My Medic Watch is designed to be downloaded to a wearable device such as a smartwatch. It can be worn by people of all ages who are prone to seizures, and people who are still living alone in their home.
This ground-breaking app uses proprietary and innovative algorithms, which interprets data automatically captured by sensor technologies on the smartwatch, to determine if the wearer has a seizure.
If the wearer does have a seizure, Seizure Alert-My Medic Watch automatically detects it and notifies all nominated caregivers, without the need for manual intervention, providing details of the individual’s location. The app can also be activated manually by the wearer if he or she is feeling unwell and requires assistance, simply by pressing a button on their smartwatch.
Seizure Alert - My Medic Watch allows people who are vulnerable to seizures to get immediate care and assistance when they have a seizure, so they remain feeling safe in their normal environment and can keep their autonomy.
This process has four steps:
1. Smart Detection: As soon as a seizure occurs, Seizure Alert-My Medic Watch detects it using smartwatch sensors and an accurate algorithm.
2. Immediate Alert: The app then automatically sends notifications with the wearer’s GPS location to the nominated caregivers without the need for manual intervention based on workflows of escalation.
3. Reassurance for Everyone: All caregivers are sent updates of the progress, keeping everyone informed and reassured.
4. Real-Time Data: Included in the user’s subscription is access to real-time data for all related medical episodes. The user can also choose to give access to his or her doctor, so that their medical data can be reviewed securely, online. The App uses HealthKit to save and store the user's heart rate during the medical episode.
Thanks to Seizure Alert-My Medic Watch, those with a condition that makes them susceptible to seizures, can continue to live independently in their own homes, with ultimate peace of mind.
App subscription information:
With the Seizure Alert - My Medic Watch app subscriptions, the wearer has his/her smartwatch app running and benefits from being monitored all the time with automatic seizure detection. These app subscriptions include automatic medical event app notifications.
Please read below details about this subscription before purchasing it.
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current month
- Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current month, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Current subscription may not be cancelled during the active subscription period; however, you can manage your subscription and/or turn off auto-renewal by visiting your iTunes Account Settings after purchase
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that product, where applicable
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Updated for iOS15
Ratings and Reviews
Would Not Recommend.
Great app idea, few things that you should be cautious of.
If for whatever reason, the “patients” heart rate increases it will send a notification that they’re having a seizure.
Well, notification is a strong word. My phone just lit up three times with a push notification saying that my sister was having a seizure and that no one had responded. There wasn’t any noise or vibration and my sound was in and my do not disturb was not activated.
After three attempts of any caregiver not responding it kind of just stops, it doesn’t call anyone when it has numbers and it doesn’t call 911 with the patients location. So if they are having a seizure and worst case scenario you can’t physically see your phone it kind of just leaves it alone until you’re available to look and it may be to late.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that you are experiencing some issues.
Can you please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your details and someone from our team will contact you. Thank you.
Was not what I was looking for
I was not expecting a telemarketer to call me the next day hitting me up for about a free trial for the app total bull ,scam don’t download.
Battery life was cute 1/2
Developer Response ,
Hi, Sorry to hear this is not what you were after. For clarity, we contact all new registered users to support with initial set up - many of our customers find this very helpful! Regarding the battery life, please refer to the FAQ on our website for some helpful tips. Many thanks, MMW team
They called me to push subscription. Ick.
I downloaded the app, but had not done any setup, and I got a call asking if I wanted to subscribe 😳 !
What? NOT OK.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Contact Info
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- MY MEDIC WATCH PTY LTD
- 128.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2021 My Medic Watch Pty Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Seizure monthly subscription $6.99
- Seizure monthly subscription $12.99
- Seizure yearly subscription $66.99
- Seizure yearly subscription $129.99
- 100 SMS Package $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.