Lovecraft’s Untold Stories is an action rogue-lite with RPG elements. You explore randomly generated levels based on the H.P. Lovecraft stories, fighting cultists and all kinds of monsters from the Mythos, improving your weapons and gear, solving puzzles and challenges, and looking for clues and knowledge to defeat the Great Old Ones and the Outer Gods.
LIVE H.P. LOVECRAFT’S STORIES
Lovecraft’s Untold Stories is based on H.P. Lovecraft’s stories. You will experience first-hand the cosmic horror created by the genius of Providence. Every character will go through an investigation that will take them through different locations, from the creepy old Victorian mansion to the abandoned hospital where forbidden experiments take place or the jungle where lost tribes celebrate forgotten rituals, just to name a few. Levels are randomly generated: it will be a different experience every time you play. Also, they vary depending on the character you’re playing with. Look for items and clues to unlock secrets and new stories.
5 CHARACTERS, 5 WAYS OF FIGHTING THE MYTHOS
You can play as 5 different characters, each with a different playstyle and storyline. A private detective, a witch, a thief, a professor, and even a ghoul—each with different stats, weapons, and combat moves, creating five entirely different gameplay experiences. The Detective offers a balanced playstyle, with average Health and Stamina. The Professor is a specialist in ranged combat, with less Health and a special shield granted by his weapon, the Tillinghast. The Witch does a lot of damage, has teleport abilities and elemental shields of fire and ice, but also a very low Health. The Thief is a specialist in melée combat that takes advantage of its stealth to maximize her damage. The ghoul does a lot of melée damage, has a high Health and regenerates itself, but can’t use medkits at all.
* Fight hundreds of different monsters from the Cthulhu Mythos in this intense action roguelite
Explore Lovecraft’s stories: every character has a storyline that crosses randomly generated levels set in different locations from Lovecraft’s stories, such as the hospital, the jungle, or the port city just to name a few
* Face the Great Old Ones: Great Cthulhu, Nyarlathotep, Dagon, Shub-Niggurath, and Azathoth await you in special levels
* Investigate thoroughly: explore every corner to find secret levels and knowledge about the Great Old Ones
* Learn about the Mythos to fight them: to have a chance at fighting the Great Old Ones you need to acquire knowledge about them or their mere presence will drive you insane
* Madness awaits: in the course of your adventures you will have to make some decisions, and taking the wrong ones will shake your sanity. If it gets too low, you will start losing your mind – and if you go mad you will take your own life to escape the horror
* Pick your hero: Choose between 5 different characters, the detective, the thief, the professor, the witch, and the ghoul
* Different playstyles: every investigator has a different combat style and skills, but levels also vary depending on who you’re playing them with – so the gameplay experience is totally different
* Collect and improve weapons, items, and artefacts. Each character has a set of weapons and items, and there are hundreds of other items you can find and use!
* Look for clues and special items to unlock secrets and new stories
Dear investigators, the 1.3 version of our game includes the following fixes and improvements:
- The German language included.
- New saving system exclusive for mobile versions: We received many claims about the saving system of the game. We heard you and we have improved it, while keeping the hardcore nature of the game that many other players didn't want to lose.
* On Easy difficulty: The game progress will be automatically saved every 2 clean rooms without enemies. You can close or minimize the game, and when you open it again, the action will continue where you left it.
* On Normal difficulty: The game progress will be automatically saved every 5 clean rooms without enemies.
* On Hard difficulty: We have kept the original system for those hardcore players in search of the original experience.
- The game now pauses when you open the inventory: We were asked for this function as well in mobiles and felt that it is necessary. This solves also the problem with the change of weapon. Now if you want to change your weapon in the middle of a fight, you can open de inventory and change it without fear to die.
- Fixed an issue with the game interface on the iPhone X models.
In future updates:
- We will fix an issue with the Controls configuration that won´t let adjust the buttons on certain models.
- More fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Amazing game but
Please add auto save! You should be able to close out then come back later to finish your run. Also, it stinks gameplay doesn’t pause when you open your inventory makes it really hard to heal/use an item during a serious battle
Developer Response ,
Please download the patch 1.3. We have added a new save system exclusive for iOS.
Almost 5 stars
This game is off to a strong start. If they can fix the save issues, and add controller support, I would rate this a five star game!
Developer Response ,
Hello Joe, please download the patch 1.3. We have added a new save system exclusive for iOS.
Great game, but needs better explanations.
So imagine if you took Diablo, Zombies Ate My Neighbors (old SNES game), and mashed those together with Lovecraft, that is basically this game.
The game can be very fun, even though it can seem unforgiving at times. The controls are done really well for a mobile game, although throwing things is a pain and you will often miss. The difficulty curve is gradual and balanced well enough that the game doesn’t get to hard to fast.
My biggest complaint with this game is that there is virtually no explanation on gameplay. Theres nothing that explains how saving works, how sanity works, or that you can restart the game with a new character and keep the items from your old character.
So with the fact that the game explains its self so poorly I’m going to give some tips here so you don’t get frustrated right away.
First is that you can save in the game. There is a storage device that can be found in the Strange Place and once in each stage (not every level though) that when accessed will save your progress. In the Strange Place it can be used as many times as you want, but when using it in a level it can only be used once. The game also saves when you enter a level.
Make sure that you explore the level before leaving it. The game does not give you prompts on when you are about to leave and you can not go back once you do. There really needs to be a prompt added to the game play so you know when you are going to leave an area and can’t return.
Check every wall in a level until you find all the hidden rooms.
You can restart with a new character and the game will transfer all the items from the old character over to the new one.
Once you find the pumpkin head, keep that thing on because the number of traps in later levels are insane.
As soon as you can, go after the levels boss. Don’t wait and fight through a level until your resources are too depleted to fight the boss.
Ankhs will save you from dying when equipped.
Chocolate heals sanity and if you go fully insane you commit suicide.
Lastly it would be nice if I could see the character stats so I can get a better idea of how curses are affecting me, and how items affect me.
- Bliny Games OOO
- 1.7 GB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2019 by LLC Blini Games, Balkanskiy 3 (Astra), office 2. Saint Petersburg, Russia. Lovecraft’s Untold Stories, LLC Blini Games and their respective logos are trademarks of LLC Blini Games.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.