The all-new Smart Control places effortless sound control and personalization for your Sennheiser headphones and the AMBEO Soundbar in the palm of your hand. With a fresh, modern design, Smart Control introduces exciting new features such as Sound Check to tailor the audio experience to individual hearing and Sound Zones that adapts the sound to your location. The app also provides user accounts to make it easier to enjoy sound your way on all your Sennheiser devices.
- Smart Control app – Effortless sound control and personalization for Sennheiser headphones and the AMBEO Soundbar
- Easy to use Equalizer – Quickly choose the perfect sound with intuitive EQ and presets
- Sound Check – Guided process helps you find the best EQ setting for your personal hearing
- Sound Zone – Automatically selects your preferred settings for your current location
- Access to Noise Cancellation and Transparent Hearing functions – Intuitively activate and configure sound functions
- A more personal user experience – New user accounts let you transfer settings between devices and enjoy a more relevant personalized experience
- Discovery area – Catch up with relevant product news, updates from the world of Sennheiser, and access to the Sennheiser web store – all within the app
- Detailed product information – Digital user manuals provide all you need to know wherever you go
- Keep your product up-to-date – Smart Control provides the latest software and firmware updates for your product
COMPATIBILITY: Sennheiser Smart Control currently works with MOMENTUM Wireless, MOMENTUM True Wireless 2, CX400BT, MOMENTUM True Wireless, AMBEO Soundbar, PXC 550, PXC 550-II, CX150BT, CX350BT, HD458BT, HD350BT, HD450BT, HD450SE, CX True Wireless, CX Plus True Wireless more products to come.
What’s new in Sennheiser Smart Control 4.1.1:
- Fixed issue with the Transparent Hearing feature
- Added support for IE 80S BT
- Added synchronization feature for Sound Zones and Equalizer
- Bug fixes for AMBEO Soundbar and True Wireless products
- Performance optimization and UI bug fixes
Get in touch with us and contact our Customer Support team here:
Ratings and Reviews
Unwanted app that ruins my listening
I understand that the Smart Control app has some cool features that I could appreciate.
But my $130 Sennheiser earbuds have become unreliable this week — again. If I can’t hear my podcasts and music through these earbuds because of software quirks, I don’t really care about the extra features.
As an audio professional who owns multiple Sennheiser products, I appreciate the Sennheiser sound. But if I have to play games with Bluetooth settings and an app I didn’t want in the first place, it’s back to AirPods for me.
New Version Review
New version of the app is a step in the right direction. The settings menu should get rid of the tiles option if the product has two or less tiles and just display the tiles permanently, noise cancellation could use something like an info button with a brief explanation behind each option, and the same idea could be applied to the acoustical settings. Also, the options for “Director” are a little too dramatic; I can’t imagine anyone already into sound quality enough to purchase Seinnheiser products to go with “thump” and “high” reverb.
App reviewed with PXC 550-II headphones. Based on other reviews and what I see in the app it seems like settings are slightly different for each product. I’m able to connect easily with only one product, something I wasn’t able to do in the previous app version. The iPad is a completely different story, and I try to stay away from the app completely and just keep noise cancellation fully activated via the headphones.
Disgracefully, comically poor software design
We can really only conclude that Sennheiser accidentally hired a lead software engineer who faked their credentials. Usually, when I write bad reviews of software, it’s because the software is merely clunky and difficult to navigate— but it’s very rare that I discover in a respected electronics company accompanying software so horrifically designed that it lacks even basic functionality. This app’s shortcomings are humiliating and unacceptable coming from a top-tier company like Sennheiser: the app fails to connect to earbuds, activates factory resets at nonsensical times with neither consent nor warning, floods its own user interface with pop-up notifications instead of— well— actual interfacing, and sometimes simply shuts the user out of actually being able to change settings for the earbuds. As a result of this last item, it’s highly likely that there are countless many software failures aside that I’ve simply been unable to discover yet.
This combined with a terrible customer service setup from Sennheiser’s website should cause all consumers and published tech reviewers to rate Sennheiser much lower than they have in the past.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Sonova Consumer Hearing GmbH
- 195.3 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2022 Sonova Consumer Hearing GmbH