WeParent was featured by Apple as "App of the Day" and by Parents, Romper, App Advice, NBC, ABC, and Forbes.
Designed by a Stanford Ph.D. in Psychology to make co-parenting simpler and less stressful.
Manage your custody schedules, organize calendar and lists, share information, and exchange messages – all in one place.
Start with a FREE 14-day trial. Choose a monthly, annual or lifetime subscription plan that covers your entire family. The first person in the family pays, everybody else joins for FREE.
Here is how WeParent simplifies your co-parenting experience and helps you stay organized:
1. Custody schedules. Use WeParent to set up your school year, summer, holiday, travel and vacation schedules. Start from our convenient built-in templates or use a custom schedule. Then track and manage changes to the parenting calendar, so that there is never any confusion about where the kids are staying.
2. Family calendar. Add your kids’ school events, after-school activities, doctor appointments, and anything else you need to track. Your spouse or co-parent and any other family members that you invite will be able to see all of these events too and pitch in to help when needed.
3. Shared lists, updated real-time. Use lists to create to-do lists, shopping lists, chore lists, packing lists, guest lists and more. Then check and uncheck items as you complete them. Your family will see the information updated in real-time.
4. Real-time messaging. Exchange private messages or group messages with anybody you invited to your family. Having all of your communication in one searchable archive makes it easy to retrieve the information whenever you need to.
5. Important contacts and information. Share your kids’ shoe sizes, school report cards, immunization records or photos with your family members quickly, easily and securely. We integrate with your phone’s camera, photo library and contacts book (with your permission, of course), and keep a searchable archive of everything for easy reference.
6. Record-keeping. Messages between co-parents on WeParent are permanently archived and can be retrieved for your review or for use in court if needed.
7. WeParent data are stored securely in the cloud and can be accessed from any device. All data entered into WeParent belongs to you, and you only. We never sell or exchange your data.
When you sign up, you are invited to sign up for a FREE 14-day trial that gives you unlimited access to all the features and functionality. After the trial, you can choose an affordable plan that covers your entire family. This includes you, your spouse and/or your co-parent, the kids' grandparents or nanny, and anyone else who needs to be in the loop. Our monthly and annual subscription plans are a recurring subscription, which you can manage directly in iTunes:
- Your subscription covers unlimited family members. You can add, edit, or delete family members at any time.
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
- Subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period.
- Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current subscription period.
- You can manage your subscription and turn off auto-renewal by going to Settings -> Subscriptions.
Our lifetime family subscription is a non-recurring purchase. Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
We are constantly working to improve our app. If you have any questions or suggestions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be glad to help!
Co-parenting is challenging. Our app makes parenting simpler by getting everybody in your family on the same page. Don’t let another day go by without simplifying your parenting life!
- We've increased the performance of the messages in the app, and we've improved the ability to retrieve past messages and download them in your device
- Fix scheduling issue
Ratings and Reviews
So much potential
This app has a lot of potential and could be helpful when the “bugs” get worked out. The most irritating glitch in the app is that when you try to use the “message” it automatically boots you out of the app. It makes me very hesitant to purchase the app when part of it can’t be accessed.
Updated: They fixed the glitch where I don’t get booted out of messages anymore but that brought on a host of other problems. When offering to email problems to the creators they said to just rate the app. So beware that receiving messages don’t show up, loading pdf’s is a nightmare, and loading pictures is slow.
Developer Response ,
Updated on May 11: Glad to hear the messaging is no longer crashing. We'll work on the other issues you identified - speed of loading of PDFs and photos, and of showing received messages. If you have any other feedback or suggestions, please contact us anytime at email@example.com
Perfect App for Coparenting
Before being a coparent, I would never have realized all the complexity and nuance involved. Whether it is having an atypical custody schedule (which I do), needing to share photos, lists, dates and information on my son’s events, coparenting is the sum total of a whole bunch of tasks and coordination. A friend of mine told me about WeParent, so I have it a try and I can say that this app, which is better than any other I’ve tried, does an excellent job of being the one-stop “command center” for all aspects of coparenting.
This app is new to market, I believe, and as such there are a few opportunities for improvement here and there. But, that is the case for virtually every new app that comes to market, so I personally am very forgiving of that. One of the things I like most about WeParent is that these issues get addressed quickly and the app just keeps getting better and better. Instead of letting a bug or two dissuade you, I say that is all the more reason to use WeParent. It is the only app I’ve used to date that actually feels like it was designed with the complexity and multi-faceted elements of coparenting in mind and I for one want to see them stick around and grow. So, while I may see a bug occasionally, the value this app creates in my life far outweighs those small and infrequent issues. I hope the WeParent team will just keep making this better and better and better.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for your feedback, and for being forgiving of our imperfections. We're really committed to helping make co-parenting simpler, and will keep improving the app!
Not consistent and dependable
I have been using this app since June of 2021. While there have been some glitches, I have stuck with it since the developer offered me a discounted rate if I paid for it in full upfront. There have been a lot of issues with the messaging: not getting all notifications, when you do get a notification and click on it, the new message doesn’t appear right away and you have to go out of the messaging and go back in for it to appear. Most current issue is the app logged me out for no reason and now I can’t get back on. I have requested a password reset email multiple times and have not received it. I have reached out to their support team and have not heard back. This is my main communication source with my coparent for legal purposes. Not being able to message my child’s other parent during drop off and pick up times has not been ideal. There is zero reason why I should not have received a password reset email. I have requested one in the past and have received it so I don’t know what the lag is this time around. This app has a lot of potential but needs a great deal amount of a revamp.
Developer Response ,
I would like to personally apologize for the technical difficulties you may have been experiencing with the WeParent application for the past couple of days.
Unfortunately, we were impacted by an outage caused by our hosting services but are now happy to announce that WeParent is back up & running!
If you are still having issues, please shut down the application & relaunch it to remove any errors or issues. If you still have questions or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once again, my sincere apologies,
Sheri Atwood, CEO of WeParent
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- FamTerra Inc.
- 53.8 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Smart Family Tech, Inc
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly family subscription $9.99
- Annual family subscription $99.99
- Annual family subscription 2 $99.99
- 14-day Trial $0.00
- Lifetime family subscription $199.99
- 6-month family subscription $54.99