Hit the ground running. Save yourself hours and turn up to your rehearsal knowing your lines. Whether it’s a stage script, screenplay, speech or presentation, you can rehearse and memorize like a pro in an effective and convenient way. There’s no need to assemble the rest of the cast, or have a rehearsal partner or reader.
Actors, TV pros, business people, public speakers and students - learn your material more effectively with Script Rehearser. You can even practice English language conversation.
You can just start recording your own voice straight away. Or you can import your theater or movie script* or simply type in your lines. Script Rehearser will read them back to you whenever you want using its customizable options to prompt you. Optimize how you rehearse as you progress.
• Record your own voice, or use the built-in synthesized voices
• Import a script from a PDF file*
• Download a script you've created on your PC or Mac, or just type it into your device
• Customize scripts with your own notes and stage directions
• Play the whole script, or skip forward to your next cue
• Designed for phones and tablets
Script Rehearser can be configured to support your personal learning style. For example:
• Listen Along. Script Rehearser speaks, you listen. You can play, pause, and jump forward to your next line or back to your previous one.
• Wait For Me. Script Rehearser pauses for each of your lines until you’re ready to continue
• Repeat for Confirmation. Script Rehearser leaves a gap for you to say the line, then automatically speaks the line for confirmation and carries on
• Run Through. Script Rehearser leaves a gap for you to say your line, then automatically carries on with the next line
Keep in contact:
• For news and updates follow us on Twitter: @ScriptRehearser
• Find us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ScriptRehearser
• Join us on our forum: www.ScriptRehearser.com/#forum
* Note that for a PDF file to import it must contain the text of the script, not just pictures of the text. Some PDFs contain scanned images of the text rather than the text itself, and the app can't import these files as it needs the actual text to work with.
Fixed bug causing occasional crashes
Ratings and Reviews
It could use a couple of improvements, though. To facilitate self tapes, it would be nice if you could tap anywhere on the screen to have the app read the next line, instead of having to find the right key to press. Also there’s one small bug in learning mode where if you set it to only display your lines after you say them, the last line is never displayed.
Developer Response ,
Hi Brue. Thanks for the feedback. I'll pass the bug on to the team to look at, and will add that self-tape tape idea to our list to features to add in future. Maggie
Really helpful great little app
This is a truly helpful, great little app! Takes a bit of time to get everything tweaked and formatted on the front end, but once it’s in place it’s really excellent, incredibly helpful in getting off book. The tools for editing are pretty simple to use, the user interface is pretty smooth. I imported the script as a PDF, it’s an older script so I definitely had to go through line by line and edit a bit. But I would’ve had to do that anyway because we had made cuts to the play. Regardless once the work of editing is done, This is an invaluable resource.
300 + Lines LEARNED!!!!
I downloaded this app when I got cast as Dad in Cheaper By The Dozen. I’m not sure I would have been able to learn all my lines in time without this app. I really appreciate the ability to record myself for my own lines. The PDF import function works well and is a real time saver if you can get a soft copy of your script. You can edit lines in the app as well. This is the best free, no “in app purchases” app I’ve ever found.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Engram Ltd
- 50.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Engram Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.