Dolby On is the only free recording app for audio and video with AMAZING Dolby sound. With one tap, record songs and videos with advanced audio processing technology so that you can sound your best wherever you are, and when it matters most -- in the moment.
RECORD AUDIO AND VIDEO – SHARE EASILY
Effortlessly record live sound and videos with a suite of automatic studio effects. When you’re ready, share your creations with your fans on your favorite social channels, send to collaborators via text message or email, upload directly to SoundCloud, export lossless audio, or even livestream right to Facebook; all with spectacular sound in a simple audio recorder
Creativity doesn’t happen on a schedule. With Dolby On, you won’t need to choose between recording quickly or with quality ever again.
WHERE THERE’S MUSIC TO MAKE, THERE’S DOLBY ON
• Capture ideas and demo recordings for yourself or to share with your collaborators. Record your voice memos and music memos with amazing sound in a simple recording app!
• Document rehearsals or the gig for your archive with audio and video recordings.
• Grab great sounds and inspirations in the field to sample in your next music creation. Select lossless audio for even better sound quality.
• Record high quality shareable audio video content for your fans.
ONE RECORD BUTTON, 50 YEARS OF DOLBY INNOVATION
We’ve used five decades worth of innovative sensory science to give you one powerful audio video app that automatically gives your music recordings or videos incredible sound — you won’t believe you recorded it using just your phone. Advanced Dolby audio processing takes care of the sound quality, so you can focus on the fun part: playing music.
A RECORDING APP WITH CLEAN SOUND, AUTOMATICALLY
• Clears up the sound with noise reduction, de-essing, and a fade in/out: record music and voice.
• Shapes the sound with Dolby’s unique dynamic EQ and stereo widening for tone and space.
• Boosts fullness with compression and pro limiting designed for live sound to achieve ideal loudness.
• Optimizes the sound for popular music platforms, Facebook live streaming, and other social media.
• Record and export in lossless audio.
MAKE IT YOUR OWN WITH A FREE MUSIC STUDIO IN YOUR POCKET
• Customize your audio and video recording with audio effects and audio editor.
• Six custom-designed, unique sound styles to apply to your music recording — like photography filters for audio, Styles are professionally designed sound presets based on analyzing thousands of songs.
• Fine-tuned treble and bass control to bring out the highs and lows, or to minimize them. You have a free music studio in your pocket!
• Use the free audio editor to trim the recording to edit out slow starts and stops.
• Animated cover art so that you can share your audio tracks directly to social media or SoundCloud.
• Use your favorite external mic with our recording app to color your sound even more.
SHARE YOUR RECORDINGS WITH FANS OR COLLABORATORS, OR SAVE FOR YOURSELF
• Share voice or music recordings to fans directly to Soundcloud, Instagram, and Facebook.
• Livestream to Facebook with amazing sound quality.
• Send ideas, demo’s, rehearsal and show recordings directly to your band and collaborators via text message or email.
• Export your recordings and videos for additional editing: take your ideas into your favorite audio editor (DAW) or video editor.
Dolby On is with you to capture, nurture, and realize your music creativity: with incredible sound quality, anytime, and anywhere.
A very IMPORTant app update…
You asked, and we listened! Starting today, you can edit, enhance, and improve songs and videos recorded using other apps.
How to import songs and videos into Dolby On:
1. Make sure Dolby On is updated to the latest version.
2. Open your video library or other app, select your song or video, then tap the share button.
3. Choose Dolby On as the app you want to share with. You may need to click the “More …” button to find Dolby On and add it to your favorites.
4. Open Dolby On, locate the track in your library, and hear the difference
But wait! There’s more! Here’s a definitive list of updates now available in the latest version of Dolby On:
THE HOT LIST
1. New “Tone” Sound Tool - We’ve given you more control over EQ with improved Treble and Bass, plus an all new Mids control.
2. Slide into Noise Reduction - The Noise Reduction toggle has now been replaced with a sliding scale tool that lets you choose a range from “gentle” to “strong”.
3. Consider your mic quality controlled - We’ve beefed-up the audio quality for tracks recorded with external mics.
4. VoiceOver accessibility added – Dolby On is now enabled with the VoiceOver accessibility feature to improve usability for the vision impaired.
5. Sound Tools and Track Details got a makeover - Enjoy the new, easy-to-use interface on the Track Details screen and Sound Tools feature, with fully integrated video playback.
FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS
• Improvements for iOS 13 support.
• Improved audio quality when using an external mic.
• Fixed long titles displayed in small font on SE size.
• Fixed issue with cancelling changes in Sound Tools.
• Fixed issue in some cars and Bluetooth headphones which treated playback as phone calls.
• Fixed unable to replay video after the end of video playback in Apple TV.
• Simplified ranges for Sound Tools
We’re so excited to share this version with you that we’re waiting until next time to fix these issues.
• Re-importing tracks which were previously exported from Dolby On doesn’t work properly. Videos may be displayed with black frames, and these tracks cannot be exported again.
• Exported videos recorded with lossless audio may be shared with the incorrect filename
Ratings and Reviews
Wow. Makes my phone a true mic.
This app uses a really accurate noise reduction feature for a handheld device. I’m using it on an iPhone X, and it isolates noises, records, then cuts out background noise. Of course it’s not perfect And will replace a noise isolation booth or $500 mic, but for field recording, it’s awesome. It reduced noise from a next-door lawnmower, squawking chickens, air handlers, street traffic, and indoor white noise, but preserved the dialogue I recorded. Close proximity is stellar. Haven’t found a better recording app yet.
Love the clarity, but....
Don’t get me wrong, I love how this app makes things sound as they should, especially with the correct headphones. Even with the most recent update, I am hoping you can add more features such as loop or repeat or shuffle to the tracks. Unless I am missing this, which is I am, please help. Thank you
Guitar recordings sound amazing
Been playing guitar for about 10 years but have never recorded myself because of the high costs of recording equipment. I literally place my phone next to my amp and then let Dolby technology handle the rest. The sound quality is truly spectacular and the it's free!!!
- Dolby Laboratories, Inc.
- 116.8 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 – 2019 Dolby Laboratories, Inc. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.