Jayson is a simple yet powerful JSON viewer and editor with Siri Shortcuts, Share Sheet Actions and URL schemes.
- Browse JSON files stored on your device.
- Toggle between viewing JSON in a table or as syntax highlighted text.
- Tabbed interface to quickly switch between files or different objects in a single file.
- Use multiple splits to easily compare JSON documents in a single file or across multiple files.
- Multiple windows on the iPad allows for even more options to browse and edit JSON documents.
- Parse text or the contents of a URL in your clipboard to JSON.
- Siri Shortcuts that parse JSON from a text or a link stored in your clipboard. The shortcuts can open the JSON in the app or preview it in an interactive notification.
- Share Sheet Actions for parsing JSON from plain text, loading JSON from a link and importing files as JSON.
- URL schemes for parsing a text, loading the contents of a link as JSON or parsing the contents of your clipboard.
- Choose a location on your device to store imported files.
- Highlight a key from a child of an array to quickly get an overview.
- Short videos that help you get started with the app.
Features that require the "Unlock Everything" in-app purchase:
- Switch between light and dark themes.
- Changing the visual appearance, including the app icon, accent color and type icons.
- Opening more than two tabs.
- New: Adds the Prettify JSON action to Shortcuts. It takes a dictionary, list or text as input and outputs a pretty JSON string.
- New: Integrates better with the document browser for creating new files. Files will now be created in the folder you're browsing.
- New: Adds +/- button in the keyboard when adding or editing a number value.
- Bugfix: Numbers written with scientific notation (e.g. 7e+16) could not be parsed when they contained a plus.
- Bugfix: Sometimes decimal numbers weren't displayed correctly.
- Bugfix: The Get File action in Shortcuts no longer requires the file extension in order to find the file.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Using the heck out of this
I’ve been using the heck out of this lately so decided to go for the paid version even though I don’t particularly need the extra features. This app has saved me a ton of time. It’s great looking through the JSON on my iPad while coding on my MBP.
Great JSON Viewer, but would be better with editing capability
It would be nice to have editing capabilities in Jayson because the app is a beautiful way of visualizing JSON and the navigation makes it easy to traverse files, so it would definitely do a lot with editing.
Really well designed
Love the care that went into designing this app. Tabs are really helpful. Awesome integration with Shortcuts, as explained in the in app documentation, even has videos to show you.
- Simon Stovring
- 19.6 MB
- Developer Tools
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Simon B. Støvring
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock Everything $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.