Sports Audio DJ gives you the simple and intuitive tools you need to strike right mood for the game in the moment with music and sounds. Want to rock the house, celebrate a goal, pump up the team warm up or underscore a key moment - you're the DJ.
Bring a professional level of sound production to the game with Fade In and Fade Out controls to end hard stops and starts. Set specific Start and Stop times in a song to skip a slow intro or launch right into the moment a song kicks into gear.
You can now access any song you can think of with support for Apple Music subscriptions and Spotify Premium accounts. You can either stream their songs or download them to your device for better performance.
In the Pro Version (via In-App purchase): With the ability to load an unlimited number of songs and sounds you can choose the right sounds for any moment in the game. Additionally, you can group your sounds any way you like with support for an unlimited number of groups to make the sounds easy to find.
You can easily achieve the right emotion for the moment using these music playback customization features:
- Fade In and Fade Out
- Sub-Second Start and Stop points (Pro Version only)*
- Sound Looping
- Sound Overlay and Crossfade
- Individual song sound volume levels
- In-App Volume Control to set the right level while playing music. (Pro Version Only)*
- Support for AirPlay output (Pro Version Only)*
- Color categorize your songs with 11 different colors to choose from (Pro Version Only)*
- Three customizable tap actions to Start and Stop a song
- Three customizable tap actions for Song Groups (Pro Version Only)*
- Pause & Resume the last Song played (Pro Version Only)*
- Import songs and sounds from iTunes, Files and the iOS Share button
- Supports Apple Music subscriptions - streaming or downloaded music**
- Supports Spotify Premium - streaming or downloaded music**
- Unlimited number of songs and sounds to take to the game (Pro Version Only)*
- Unlimited Sound Groups for organizing your songs and sounds (Pro Version Only)*
- Copy and Move sounds between Groups
- Create an automated a playlist with Play Next Sound or Group Tap Actions (Pro Version Only)*
- Supports playback of M4A (Apple), M4R (Ringtone), MP3 and WAV audio file formats
- Fully supports iPhone X Series and 3rd Gen iPad Pros
- Supports iOS 13 and Dark Mode
- Supports French (Canada) and French (France) languages
* Free vs Pro Version Functionality:
Free: Limited to having only 3 Song Groups
Pro: Use an Unlimited amount of Song Groups
Free: Limited to loading only 10 songs per Song Group
Pro: Load an Unlimited number of songs
Free: Limited to Start/Stop timing accuracy at the second
Pro: Supports sub-second song Start/Stop timing accuracy to hit that moment in the song perfectly
Free: Does not allow for Group Tap Actions
Pro: Supports the Group Tap Action features including Group Action Menus
Free: Can only Start and Stop Songs
Pro: Supports Pausing and Resuming the last Song played
Free: Song Cells are all a nice Red color
Pro: Song Cells can be configured with 11 different colors to choose from
Free: No In-App Volume control, must use device Vol Up/Down buttons
Pro: Can control the music volume with a precise Volume slider to get the right volume level. Plus use the Route button to output your music to AirPlay devices (iTunes and Apple Music only, Spotify not yet working with AirPlay).
Free: Will not receive forth coming new features
Pro: Will get all the new cool stuff
** Apple Music and Spotify Premium Subscription important notes:
For details on the limitations of using streaming music services, see our FAQ web page:
v3.5.5 FIX - Updated the database engine to stop users upgrading from v3.4.x of SADJ from experiencing the crashing database issue. Continuing to work on a solution for databases that are already impacted.
v3.5.4 FIX - Updated the database engine to address the app crashing at startup for some folks.
v3.5.3 FIX - Tweaking an issue with timers used with Apple Music songs.
v3.5.2 FIX - Attempting to fix some intermittent crashing at startup.
v3.5.1 FIX - Fixed an issue with connecting SADJ to Bluetooth devices. Now includes playback of Spotify songs over Bluetooth.
SADJ now supports French (Canada) and French (France) languages. Let us know if there are any translations that are not correct.
Addressed an issue with Apple Music songs not always playing when tapped. Also squashed a couple bugs.
It's good to Go Pro.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
For all you young hockey DJs out there, this app is what you have been looking for. Simple to use and straightforward. Absolutely does the job but could use some minor tweaks (will certainly submit suggestions- in app!) Look forward to future refinement. Thanks Dev(s) for taking the time to build for a seemingly niche market. Will certainly share among colleagues.
Developer Response ,
Thanks and we always welcome feedback and suggestions.
What I’ve been waiting for for years!
Great App! Seamless design and intuitive for any hockey sports DJ. I would love to see in future updates the ability to change the order of songs by being able to click and drag within the song group. Other than that, great job to developers! Update: I just found the solution by reading some of the other reviews! Perfect!
Developer Response ,
Excellent, glad you found it. You can also move & copy songs between Groups with a tap-long press (two touches).
This app is great for all of us want to be professional sports in game music directors. App was working fine a few months ago for me but now I get a message saying “can’t load/stream sound the app is on unable to load the song from Apple Music check your network connection. I have Apple Music and paid for the pro version of this app what is going on?
Developer Response ,
SADJ can’t access Apple Music, make sure you’re logged into iTunes and can play downloaded and non-downloaded songs in the Music player. This also happens if you have changed to a new device as the Apple Music IDs that SADJ uses are device specific. Feel free to reach out to email@example.com I’d these suggestions don’t help.
- Hammer of the Gods Software
- 22 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Hammer of the Gods Software
- In-App Purchases
- Sports Audio DJ Pro Version $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.