Awesome Breathing is a simple, elegant tool to guide and visualize your breathing. Use it daily to help with meditation, sleep, stress, anxiety, or to simply bring a few moments of calm or mindfulness to your day.
"Beautiful and responsive UI with customizable breathing patterns."
"I became interested recently in breathwork. This app is a fantastic aid to that work. I only discovered it after weeks of using stopwatches and timers. Great app, thank you!!!!"
"Excellent app, simple to use. As a psychotherapist I am using it myself and recommending to clients who might benefit."
"I have tested at least a dozen breathing apps. This one is BY FAR the best one I’ve used! It’s got a simple layout, actual voice cues to tell you went to inhale, hold and exhale, the ability to create custom programs and its simple menu and layout is super relaxing and intuitive. Get it!"
"Simple. Intuitive. Beautiful UI and gestures. Amazing breath app that helps you stay mindful."
• Clean, simple interface allows for uncluttered and calming breathing experience
• Fully customizable inhale, exhale, and (optional) pause durations
• Choose from included programs such as Box Breathing, Relaxing Breathing, Equal Breathing, Measured Breathing, and Triangle Breathing
• Create and save custom programs!
• Sessions can be free-form (no duration) or timed duration (up to 30 minutes)
• Optional pre-session countdown timer allows for a few moments to "settle in" before your session begins
• Choose from several pacer color themes
• Optional guided vocal and tone cues signal when to inhale, exhale, and hold so breathing can be done without looking at your device
• Customizable reminder notifications can be set to alert you when it's time to take a moment out of your day to breathe
• Vibration mode allows for silent breathing sessions
• Bells can be enabled to signal the beginning and end of your sessions
Box Breathing (4-4-4-4)
Also known as Navy SEAL or tactical breathing, this is a surprisingly simple and effective way to help regain calm and control of your thoughts when under stress. Inhale for 4, hold for 4, exhale for 4, hold for 4. All through your nose.
Relaxing Breathing (4-7-8)
Have trouble falling asleep? Try this 4-7-8 technique. Inhale for 4 through your nose, hold for 7, exhale for 8 out of your mouth.
Equal Breathing (4-4)
A pranayama practice called Sama Vritti, this breath can help take your mind off the racing thoughts or whatever might be distracting you. Inhale for 4, exhale for 4. All through your nose. (Try a 6 or 8 count, once you feel comfortable.)
Measured Breathing (4-1-7)
A handy stress-reducing practice that can be done anywhere, anytime. Inhale for 4, hold for 1, exhale for 7. All through your nose.
Triangle Breathing (4-4-4)
Another great technique that can help alleviate anxiety or stress. Imagine a triangle with equal sides. Inhale for 4, exhale for 4, pause for 4. Repeat.
We hope Awesome Breathing helps you reach your goals, and look forward to being a part of your journey. We would love to hear your reviews and feedback!
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Simple and exactly what I needed
Breath work really helps me to manage my anxiety. I have been using the breathing exercise that comes in a meditation app (Sanvello is great) for the past 3 years. Over time I found myself scrolling through all of the various features and exercises that Ive stopped using regularly just to get to breathing exercise, which got annoying and deterred me from opening the app. Love that I can just open this app right up and get started with breath work. I like the audio options, especially the starting and stopping bell sound. One thing I truly miss about Sanvello and haven’t found in another app yet is having a audio sound of someone breathing deeply (with adjustable pacing) than I can listen to and follow along with. It was great and truly calming! Please please consider adding this to the app, it would make the app a 12/10! ☺️
I love this app!
It is indeed simple, and the ability to ‘tune’ the intervals to 10ths of a second is very helpful. I’m spoiled by the variety of sounds (Tibetan bowls, etc.) available on other apps, but they tend to be set up for timing sessions, not breaths.
I just discovered, quite by accident, that I can play music in the background on my iphone and run the app at the same time. I can hear it more clearly on extension speaker than on the phone by itself. The possibilities of breathing/meditating with chant in the background opens up a wide range of possibilities.
Simple and Extremely Effective!
I have been using this app for a little over a week now and have found it to be very helpful! Breathing techniques can be so helpful when one is experiencing anxiety, having trouble sleeping, has racing thoughts, or is just feeling stressed. Keep in mind that you want to breath from your stomach and not your chest to send signals to your nervous system to calm down. When having an anxiety/panic attack, you can also pair these breathing techniques with clenching your fists to stop you from passing out!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Awesome Labs LLC
- 29.2 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Awesome Labs LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Support - $9.99 $9.99
- Support - $0.99 (monthly) $0.99
- Support - $0.99 $0.99
- Support - $4.99 $4.99
- Support - $5.99 $5.99
- Support - $1.99 $1.99
- Support - $2.99 $2.99
- Support - $3.99 $3.99
- Support - $4.99 (monthly) $4.99
- Support - $1.99 (monthly) $1.99