“That’s one small step for (a) man, one giant leap for mankind” Apollo 11 Astronaut, Neil Armstrong.
CAPCOM GO! uses the latest immersive AR & VR technology to bring this inspirational story to life for a whole new generation. Kids and adults can use AR to bring rockets and astronauts into their living room and enter the VR planetarium to experience this epic human achievement like never before.
Explore how humanity got to the Moon in three exciting, educational and immersive modes:
BUILD A ROCKET:
- Have you ever wanted to build a rocket in your living room? Now you can!
- Construct the mighty Saturn V in AR and then launch it into space!
- 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1… blast off!
APOLLO AR EXPLORER:
- Want to get up close with a Lunar Rover or take a picture with an Astronaut?
- Use AR to explore the amazing feats of engineering that took Apollo Astronauts to the moon and back
- Create them in your living room, bedroom, bathroom, garden, anywhere with a flat surface!
- Find a massive, flat open space and be in awe of just how big the Saturn V was by viewing it at 1:1 scale!
- Take the perfect cosmic photo and share it with your space cadet friends
- Step into our virtual VR Planetarium and blast off to the Moon!
- Watch the trailer for the award winning, immersive 3D, 360° film CAPCOM GO! The Apollo Story
- If you like the free trailer, purchase the full 26 minute film
- English, French and Italian subtitles available
- English, French and German audio language versions available
- 50 years ago the first human walked on the moon… discover the epic story behind this historic moment which will inspire the next generation of explorers, thinkers and dreamers.
Why is the app and film called CAPCOM GO!? Well, in mission control, all the desks have an abbreviation of their role so they can call out their status easily, the Capsule Communicator ka CAPCOM, was the person who spoke to the Astronauts when they were in space, this was normally an Astronaut as they preferred to speak to one of their own.
Please let us know what you think and send any suggestions for new features to email@example.com
App and 360° film produced by NSC Creative, the immersive storytelling studio based at the National Space Centre, UK.
- Only devices with iOS 11 and newer are compatible with this app
- Only iPhones 6S and newer are compatible with this app
- Only iPad 2017, iPad Pro, and newer are compatible with this app
- AR works best in bright areas with a textured floor
- VR Planetarium viewable on device without VR headset but a Google Cardboard is recommended for the best immersive experience, available separately for iPhone.
PRIVACY & SECURITY:
- This app utilizes the device camera to function in Augmented Reality.
- This app does not record or save personal data
- This app encourage users to move around, so please be aware of the area you are in!
Bugfixes for In-App Purchase download system.
Ratings and Reviews
- NSSC Operations Ltd.
- 1.5 GB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch (7th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 NSC Creative
- In-App Purchases
- CAPCOM GO! The Apollo Story $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.