*NOTICE* Play the beginning for free. A one-time in-app purchase unlocks the full game.
* * *
- App Store BEST of 2012 Pick
- App Store EDITORS' CHOICE
The original version of Bastion earned more than 100 industry accolades, including:
- BEST DOWNLOADABLE GAME and BEST DEBUT, Game Developers Choice Awards
- DOWNLOADABLE TITLE of the YEAR, Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences
- BEST VIDEOGAME of the YEAR, Paste Magazine
- BEST DOWNLOADABLE GAME and BEST ORIGINAL SCORE, SpikeTV
- BEST DOWNLOADABLE GAME and BEST INDIE GAME, Inside Gaming Awards
* * *
Bastion for iOS features all the highly acclaimed artwork, music, and narration that Bastion is known for, along with intuitive touch controls. Explore more than 40 lush hand-painted environments as you discover the secrets of the Calamity, a surreal catastrophe that shattered the world to pieces. Wield a huge arsenal of upgradeable weapons and battle savage beasts adapted to their new habitat. Finish the main story to unlock New Game Plus mode and continue your journey!
- Stunning hand-painted artwork
- Critically-acclaimed original music score
- Hours of reactive narration deliver a deep story
- Intuitive touch controls created exclusively for iOS
- Universal App optimized for iPhone and iPad
- Variable difficulty for players of all skill levels
- Action-packed combat rewards playing with finesse
- 10+ unique upgradeable weapons to be used
- 6 powerful Bastion structures to be discovered
- 'New Game Plus' mode unlocked after finishing the story
- Game Center achievements and leaderboards
- Sync saved data seamlessly via iCloud
Bastion is the first title from Supergiant Games. We're a small developer with big ambitions: to make games that spark your imagination like the games you played as a kid. Follow @SupergiantGames on Twitter or visit us at www.supergiantgames.com.
* * *
- Voice-over narration: English
- Text and subtitles: English, Simplified Chinese, German, French, Spanish, Italian (based on region setting)
+ Fix UI layout for iPods
+ Fix subtitle typo
Ratings and Reviews
DO NOT PASS ON THIS GAME
This is honestly one of the best games of all time. The gameplay is great and you can basically set your own challenges as you progress through the story. There is an assortment of weapons to use as well as customizations to them to further suit your gameplay style. The world is beautiful and engaging as it literally builds around you.
In my opinion, what makes this game so engaging is the very well voiced narration as it guides you through the game and story. Even more engrossing is the music by Darren Korb. I can not say enough to this man’s contribution to video game music. There are a few songs in game with sung lyrics by both Korb and vocalist Ashley Barrett. While Barrett’s voice is hauntingly beautiful in Bastion, I also want to strongly recommend you check out Supergiant’s game “Transistor” where she shines through the game’s soundtrack, amazingly written and produced by Korb.
Honestly, any game by Supergiant Games is a literal journey into a fantastical world and has none have ever disappointed me. If Bastion is your first experience by this developer, you’re in for a wild ride!
Wonderful game, worth every penny!
Bastion is one of the best mobile games out there that actually tells a great story behind its amazing visual art style. Besides the one time purchase to unlock the rest of the game, it doesn’t try to force feed you microtransactions or other pay to win garbage that litters most other mobile games out there. If you enjoyed playing the free portion of the game, definitely get the rest of the game. It’s worth it.
Can’t menu with controller
I love this game; and this port is fantastic. However, you cannot menu with the controller like you can in Transistor, nor can you alter controls in-game. Moreover, if you play with a controller the on-screen controls stay visible. Kinda defeats the purpose if you ask me.
Bastion is a treat for the senses. Everyone should have this game on some device. But I’m really hoping they improve controller support. Oh, and vibration only functions on the phone. I’ve heard developers can change that; but I haven’t played a single game that proves this.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Supergiant Games, LLC
- 1.4 GB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2012 Supergiant Games LLC. All rights reserved. WB GAMES LOGO, WB SHIELD: ™ and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Bastion - Full Game
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.