Skippers Log is your digital logbook for your yacht.
Everything you can do in a good old fashioned paper logbook you can do here:
- Create multiple trips for multiple ships
- Record daily navigational data and weather observations
- Include navigational live data from a wireless NMEA server
- Automatic log entries based on the specifications you make (course change, wind change, ...)
- Plot your trip on Apple map or Navionics map (active Navionics subscription required)
- Print your trip with maps as a PDF
- Create crew lists and print them
- AIS targets shown on map (data from AIS receiver required)
- Synchronize between you devices through iCloud
- Display various data fields from NMEA data as overlay on your map
- Fuel, water, cooking gas and outboard fuel consumption can be recorded
- Take and add pictures to any day in the logbook (Premium version only)
The free version of this app is limited to 1 ship, 1 trip and 40 manual log entries. Enough for a one or two week charter trip. No NMEA data are processed in the free app.
In app purchase for the premium version and a 14-day free trial of the premium version.
Please note, that the app will principally run on WiFi only iPads, but it is quite limited on these devices. Even if you use NMEA as your location source, automatic logging and track recording will likely reliably only happen while the app is in the foreground. You can still do manual entries, of course. To unleash the full potential you need a device with a gps receiver.
Icons by Icons8
- A new Navionics SDK 1.1.8 is now used with the app to faciliate Navionics' new licensing system (for Navionics subscribers).
- True heading can now be derived from NMEA sentence HDM. See Settings->NMEA Details for this.
- In the ship data you can now add a deviation table which will be used in conjunction with the NMEA sentence HDM.
- In the trip selection list (Menu->All trips) you will now find a new Button "Statistics". This will bring up some summary data over all trips with the current ship for one specified year, which can also printed as PDF.
- The cloud selection list now shows the full cloud name instead of the shortcut.
- Cloud selection is now printed in the PDF log.
- Added heading to values printed in the PDF log.
- Fixed a problem with the wind direction display on screen and in PDF. It should now always display in the format specified in the general setting.
For the paid premium version only:
- You can now add pictures to any day in the logbook which can be printed in the PDF report as well. See also the new "Print settings" category in the Settings.
These features are only available in the premium version and not in the free basic version of the app. If you have purchased the free 14-day trial in the past and it has expired by now, it is now automatically reactivated for 3 days to allow you to check out the new features.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Michael Dieter Konz
- 68.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020-2021 Michael Konz
- In-App Purchases
- 14-day free trial
- Unlimited full version $8.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.