SkyPath's goal is delivery of accurate real-time turbulence data, based on crowdsourcing.
SkyPath provides real-time data combined with aviation expertise enabling the company to offer an optimal solution for turbulence.
The turbulence problem costs the airline hundreds of millions of dollars due to crew and passenger injuries, operational delays, and unscheduled aircraft maintenance. For over 30 years the aviation community is trying to come to grips with CAT (Clear Air Turbulence). The available data is cumbersome, elusive and unreliable in telling the pilots what to do.
How it works
SkyPath is a Crowd Sourcing, network based system, using accelerometer and GPS data from tablets and other mobile devices - transmitting real-time data from the air - to a server and back to users. Safety of flight is a major focus - SkyPath operates in the background and will alert the pilots ahead of time-without compromising safety of flight.
Airline pilots are equipped with Electronic Flight Bags (EFB) tablets with which they perform many tasks during flights. By using the SkyPath app on their iPads, they become part of the crowdsourcing solution. This enables both pilots and planners to utilize real time access to turbulence conditions.
An automatic real-time turbulence “sense and display” system
Allows pilots to choose an optimal route keeping passengers safe
Based on sharing crowdsourced information detected in real time
Plug n Play
SkyPath could be installed easily, quickly and for no extra set up cost.
Reduce severe turbulence inspections:
With objective, real-time reports, maintenance can be notified of the exact "G" tolerance incursions and apply the precise maintenance thus saving unnecessary inspections. Flying through turbulent areas may result with the aircraft overspeeding the Mach limit (MMO). SkyPath allows the pilots to prepare and reduce speed accordingly.
Reduce on-board injuries:
Crew and passenger injuries create tangible costs and issues of concern. "Crowd Sourcing" wisdom increases pilot and dispatch awareness and confidence in efficiently navigating turbulence.
Reduce enroute fuel consumption and preflight reserve fueling:
Better information leads to better decisions in critical areas where safety is balanced with efficiency. SkyPath increases the operations department’s trust and confidence in route projections of turbulence hazards as well as allows pilots to safely navigate during the occurrence of rapidly emerging turbulence situations. Significant costs may be avoided in more efficient decisions in loading contingency fuel (for weather avoidance enroute).
Improve forecast guidance for planning:
The turbulence feedback loop is instantaneous. More flyable airspace opens up more efficiency for flight planning.
What's new in v4.0.2 -
Fixed an issue that affected map layers and ownership position.
What's new in v4.0 -
* Vertical view is now available - A comprehensive vertical view tool for a complete turbulence situational awareness. Introducing a tactical vertical view within the turbulence notifications, under more info. At any time open the vertical view from the route box button to see the entire vertical view of the entire route.
* Braking action reports - Receive real time braking action reports from other pilots. Either report it manually through the PIREP menu or get reminded after landing only if the weather conditions are not great.
* Airport Information - You can now tap on any airport and get useful information on the weather status, braking action and arrival delays. A notification before landing at your destination will provide this information as well automatically.
* Route upgrades - Starting and ending a flight is now easier than ever. Upgraded flight plan integration, switching A/C types, automatic and enhanced set angle only after you start, and more.
* New pireps and pirep data on tap - Report mountain waves and include wind fluctuations for windshear to avoid over speeding. You can now also tap on any PIREP and get additional information such as the reported time and relative altitude where relevant
Ratings and Reviews
Amazing App, game changer
Great App, changing the way we fly
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- YAMASEE LTD
- 86.9 MB
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Yamasee LTD 2022 All rights reserved