SkyPath's goal is delivery of accurate real-time turbulence data, based on crowdsourcing.
SkyPath provides real-time data combined with aviation expertise enabling the company to offer an optimal solution for turbulence.
The turbulence problem costs the airline hundreds of millions of dollars due to crew and passenger injuries, operational delays, and unscheduled aircraft maintenance. For over 30 years the aviation community is trying to come to grips with CAT (Clear Air Turbulence). The available data is cumbersome, elusive and unreliable in telling the pilots what to do.
How it works
SkyPath is a Crowd Sourcing, network based system, using accelerometer and GPS data from tablets and other mobile devices - transmitting real-time data from the air - to a server and back to users. Safety of flight is a major focus - SkyPath operates in the background and will alert the pilots ahead of time-without compromising safety of flight.
Airline pilots are equipped with Electronic Flight Bags (EFB) tablets with which they perform many tasks during flights. By using the SkyPath app on their iPads, they become part of the crowdsourcing solution. This enables both pilots and planners to utilize real time access to turbulence conditions.
An automatic real-time turbulence “sense and display” system
Allows pilots to choose an optimal route keeping passengers safe
Based on sharing crowdsourced information detected in real time
Plug n Play
SkyPath could be installed easily, quickly and for no extra set up cost.
Reduce severe turbulence inspections:
With objective, real-time reports, maintenance can be notified of the exact "G" tolerance incursions and apply the precise maintenance thus saving unnecessary inspections. Flying through turbulent areas may result with the aircraft overspeeding the Mach limit (MMO). SkyPath allows the pilots to prepare and reduce speed accordingly.
Reduce on-board injuries:
Crew and passenger injuries create tangible costs and issues of concern. "Crowd Sourcing" wisdom increases pilot and dispatch awareness and confidence in efficiently navigating turbulence.
Reduce enroute fuel consumption and preflight reserve fueling:
Better information leads to better decisions in critical areas where safety is balanced with efficiency. SkyPath increases the operations department’s trust and confidence in route projections of turbulence hazards as well as allows pilots to safely navigate during the occurrence of rapidly emerging turbulence situations. Significant costs may be avoided in more efficient decisions in loading contingency fuel (for weather avoidance enroute).
Improve forecast guidance for planning:
The turbulence feedback loop is instantaneous. More flyable airspace opens up more efficiency for flight planning.
What’s new -
• From now on, we are sharing the highlights for each new version in the SkyPath app as a tour as well.
• Upgraded Flight Plan box – Including Frequent routes, Recently flown, and Paste your flight plan.
• You can now tap on every aircraft on the map and see their information such as aircraft type, flight number and your relative altitude difference.
• To provide the user with greater feedback on what he is reporting, own turbulence will be displayed behind his A/C as circles for one hour.
• To reduce clutter on the map, we now display only the 5 nearest airports to your geo location by default (can be changed via the app settings).
• You can now delete your own reported PIREPs by a long-press on the icon.
• Long-press on a waypoint to edit it. Did you know that you can also long-press on the route to create a new waypoint? To move a waypoint around, you can long-press it again and keep pressing until you are satisfied with the new location.
• Upgraded angle settings procedure.
• Introducing a new feature called Ranges, available in SkyPath layers menu.
• Upgraded the turbulence alert condition to make it more accurate for your specific flight plan.
General Improvements -
• New auto alt design - We’ve got a fresh and more intuitive altitude design for the automatic altitude.
• Some minor UI improvements were also made.
Bug Fixes -
• Dramatically improved battery drain issue that was found in version 3.1.
• “Flight not found” occasional issue in the import flight plan feature was fixed and is
Note: Dispatch usually has flight plans available NLT 1 hour before departure, and by then it becomes available in Skypath
Ratings and Reviews
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- YAMASEE LTD
- 208.6 MB
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Yamasee LTD 2020 All rights reserved
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.