Covers all 994 bird species in southern Africa
Take this handy app on your bird-watching trips for quick access to bird calls and assistance with bird ID. Now with improved location data functionality and expanded Smart search parameters.
HOW WILL THIS APP HELP YOU?
• Covers all 994 bird species
• Updated information with fresh input from new contributing authors
• All species text in English AND Afrikaans
• Over 1100 bird calls covering 885 species
• Quick-Play bird calls right from the menu
• More than 3200 photographs
• Improved Location data functionality
• Expanded Smart Search filters – search by bill type, bird size, colour, patterns and features, tail shape, habitat and more.
• New seabirds and raptor illustrations with fine attention to detail
• Distribution maps updated with latest known ranges
• Expanded life list functionality
This app will be updated regularly over the coming years. These updates will aim to improve on the content, features and functionality in the app, and they will be free to the customer. We value the input from customers, and urge you to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any recommendations or features you’d like to see.
Ian Sinclair is one of Africa’s foremost field birders and has authored or co-authored
over 20 bird books.
Phil Hockey (1956–2013), former Director of the Fitz Institute at UCT, was a
recognised authority on the biology of southern African birds.
Warwick Tarboton is a well-known bird expert and writer who has produced a
number of well-received books.
Peter Ryan is Director of the Fitz Institute at UCT and has authored several books
on the region’s birds.
Niall Perrins is a dedicated birder, photographer and bird guide.
Dominic Rollinson holds a PhD in seabird conservation and works as a bird guide.
JOIN OUR GROWING COMMUNITY
If you’ve got a few comments or great suggestions to share, we’d love to hear from you at www.mydigitalearth.com
* Uninstalling/reinstalling the app will result in the loss of your list. We recommend that you keep a backup from the application (My List > Export).
* Got questions? Check out the Sasol eBirds FAQ for answers to the most common queries: https://www.sasolbirds.co.za/faq.php
Updated Smart Search, added more colour/pattern options.
Updated accuracy of My Location.
Updated My List, you can now export to a location as CSV file and also import a CSV file as long as it conforms to our app schema (more details in the in-app help).
We also fixed a few errors in My List.
The issue where same species were not being grouped together will be fixed as you use My List (it will fix the issue in the background).
Ratings and Reviews
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Cool Ideas LLC
- 1.2 GB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Cool Ideas LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.