Gur Shabad Kirtan is a notation player and introduces to the 31 Raagas in Guru Granth Sahib Ji and beautiful compositions made available by great Gur Sikh Raagis.
Inspiration to design this application comes from the fact that there are some of the best books available by great composers/raagis who have added notations in various taals in the designated Raagas. Couple of books by Dr. Gurnam Singh Ji and Bhai Avtar Singh Ji and Gurcharan Singh Ji. For such notations, beginners find difficult to read those notations. To make it easy, there are tons of online videos, many of Kirtanias have contributed.
This application is a notation/audio player rather than a complete resource to learn Gurmat Kirtan. And makes the loop playback easy. Once you understand the notation/composition/rhythm you can fine tune with/without your favourite Instrument.
Before you use the application software, please read carefully and understand the features and limitations.
List of features:
- Lists notations of 31 Raag from Guru Granth Sahib Ji.
- Raag Notations are taken from Book by Dr. Gurnam Singh Ji - "Sikh Musicology".
- Raag notations included for Aaroh/Avroh/Pakad.
- Basic Information of Raag - Jaati/Vadi/Samvadi/Basic Description.
- Play Raag notations at different tempo in a Loop for long practice sessions.
- Each Raag has at least one Shabad notation from listed books.
- Each Shabad notation can be played in a loop at a specific tempo for long practice sessions.
- Grid view highlights notes during notation playback.
- Instrument View highlights notes during notation playback using Harmonium/Dilruba instrument.
- Shabad notations also has real audio recordings rendered in Tanti Saaj (String Sikh Instruments) and sung by the composers, Dr. Gurnam Singh Ji, Avtar Singh, Kultar Singh Ji.
- Each Shabad notation comes with Sthai/Antra and a combined mode where Sthai/Antra are played back to back in a loop for easy practice.
- Supports background audio playback mode.
- This application is mainly a notation player.
- First version has only few notations to begin with. Plan is to add many more.
- Application will help teachers/students to teach/learn/practice/introduce but can not replace standard teaching methods.
- Users need to have good understanding of Sur/Taal/Notations/Basic understanding of Instruments, without any of this application may not be helpful.
- Only Harmonium samples are used for audio loopback play in this version. Plan is to support String instruments in future versions.
- No support for meend/gamaks with audio playback.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Ranjeet Singh Devgun
- 454.9 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 10.9.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Tera Hee Tera
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.