"A simple, but valuable utility for creating timed focus sessions of productivity." - MacStories
"Focused Work helps you stay on track better than ever" - iMore
"A tool that helps overcome that first step." - Knapsack
Focused Work is a powerful timer that helps you have highly productive days.
Inspired by the Pomodoro Technique, it’s purpose-built for people who want to focus for long periods of time.
You can create repeatable Focus Sessions that are structured to tackle any kind of task or goal, comprised of Work, Break, and Planning stages.
It helps you be more accountable, reminds you to focus, reflect, and build healthy productivity habits by completing daily goals.
· A simple timer that keeps you on-task
Pick a task. Start the timer. Get stuff done!
· Customise your Focus Sessions for Deep Focus
Add structure with Work, Break, and Planning stages, so you can always work at your best
· Run sessions for Daily Tasks, or Focus Techniques
Tailor sessions for study, mindfulness, and work tasks. Or timed configurations like Pomodoro and Ultradian.
Set reminders to start a session when you get to work, and be reminded to stay on-task during a session
Briefly journal at the end of each session to learn from your productivity habits, and what you can improve for next time
· Daily Goals & Streaks
Complete daily productivity goals that help you form healthy habits over time
· Block distracting Apps & Websites
Restrict access to apps & websites during a session or during particular stages, to avoid breaking focus
· Advanced time tracking with Toggl Track
Assign Projects and Tags to sessions for a deeper analysis on how you're spending your time
Focused Work is available on iOS 15, iPadOS 15, and macOS Monterey, offering extensive support for each platform;
· Floating Timer
Always show the timer above other apps, with Picture-in-Picture mode
· Automatically turn on Focus
Trigger shortcuts as you progress through a session; such as turning on Focus to silence alerts
· Siri Shortcuts
Control your session with Siri. Start, Pause, Skip, Restart.
· Session Alerts on all devices
Start a session on Mac, and receive update alerts on iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch
· iCloud Syncing
Work from iPhone, iPad, or Mac. Created sessions and productivity stats will be available on all devices.
· Start a session from other apps
Start a session from the Share Sheet, Services, Reminders, or any Task Manager app
· Style the Timer, Widgets, and Icon
Customise the app to fit your style, and blend the widgets into your Home Screen
· Productivity Export
Export completed sessions in CSV format
· Privacy Focused
Your data is securely stored and managed via iCloud. No account registration.
· More goodies across the platforms
Keyboard Shortcuts, VoiceOver, Split View & Slide Over, Low Power Mode, Drag & Drop, Dark Mode themes, Quick Actions, Sidebar Navigation, URL Schemes, Menu Bar Timer, Alfred automation
If you have any questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
In this update:
- Current Session: Fixed an issue where the estimated finish time was incorrectly calculated.
- Toggl Integration: Fixed an issue where a Network Decoding Error alert would appear after logging a time entry with a blank focus.
What's New in Focused Work 3?
- New Timer: A redesigned timer that's clean, customisable, and fun to interact with
- Timer Gestures: Swipe to Play/Pause/Skip/Restart, and hide the UI
- Timer Appearance: Adjust the timer's appearance in Settings
- Current Session: Sessions will now immediately begin when selecting the Play button if you’ve opted out from Require Session Focus
- Session Time Breakdown: Pick an estimated session start time and see a breakdown of each stage's start time, within the Session Creator tool.
- Select Session: Redesigned screen with improved search support. CloudKit sync status will now appear when loading previously created sessions, on first-install.
- Session Focus: Redesigned screen with improved entry selection for session & current stage focus
- Session Complete: Redesigned screen, with a clear breakdown of your completed focus session and its stages
- Completed Session Details: Redesigned screen, with a clear breakdown of the completed session
- Recent Sessions: Redesigned list that makes it easy to glance across previously completed sessions
- Services: Start a focus session by highlighting text and selecting "Start a Focused Work session" from the Services menu, on macOS
- Widgets: Redesigned timer widget to match the new Current Session screen
- Dock Menu: Added a Current Session menu item that will open the app when selected
- Current Session: Long-press/right-click the timer to access Sound options
- Current Session: Swapped blocking alerts with confirmation dialogs
- Current Session: The Timer UI will now auto-hide after 5 seconds, if a session is in progress
- Session Progress: Swapped Details tab with Stages, and will now appear by default
- Session Progress: Details tab has been simplified to always show Session Notes and Timer settings
- Session Progress: Long-press/right-click stages to update their focus
- Session Progress: Fixed an issue where the sheet would present strangely on Mac
- Edit Stage: The selected stage’s type is now displayed in the popup
- Quick Start: Swapped stage duration & End Time heading positions
- Quick Start: Default colour has been set to purple
- Quick Start: Added animation to summary header when Timer Type is adjusted
- Quick Start: Fixed an issue where the Break structure wouldn't correctly generate stages
- Quick Start: Fixed an issue where the Pause on Next Stage and Count Style wasn't correctly applied
- Pure Black Dark Mode: Optimised all remaining screens to show black backgrounds when this settings is active
- All Sessions: Removed colored background behind emojis’ and increased their prominence
- All Sessions: Favourite Sessions header now shows a red love heart
- All Sessions: Standardised active integration icons
- All Sessions: Delete button will now be enabled if at least one session is selected
- General: Switched to filled variant for tab bar/sidebar icons
- General: Added a rounded style to all navigation and session titles
- General: Increased brightness of app theme colour
- Menu Bar: Fixed an issue where the Productivity Notes menu option couldn’t be selected
- Menu Bar: Fixed an issue where invalid menu labels were displayed if a session wasn't selected
- Productivity Export: Improved UI
- Copy Session Automations: Fixed an issue where list row backgrounds weren't appearing in Dark Mode
- Session Complete: Fixed an issue where the confetti would fall from the top-left corner
- Toggl Presets: Improved list UI conciseness to display more presets at a given time
- Toggl Presets: Fixed an issue that was causing the "This preset was created with a different Toggl account" message. (You may need to re-create the preset)
Ratings and Reviews
I love this app!
I love this, I use it every day.
There is just one thing. When I am focused and doing the focused things - these infernal reminders to focus that require me to stop focusing to shut them off are no bueno. And there is no easy way to stop them. I turned them off on one of my devices, but struggling to figure out where to do it on the mac desktop. Please make that an optional thing - that someone has to select to use instead of being automatically set up. It's awful. I have ADD and superfocus when I can FINALLY get myself into the zone.. and it actually disrupts my ability to stay in that state.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the kind review, really appreciated!
It's possible to turn off particular alerts on the Mac app via the Preferences screen. Once the Focused Work app is opened, in the top left corner of your screen click the "Focused Work" menu button, then "Preferences". A new screen will appear where you can turn off the Distraction Awareness alerts. If you have any other questions please feel free to reach out at email@example.com. Cheers!
i love this app so much!!
Ive been looking for an app just like this one for a while cuz i got tired of setting up the same routine every time i wanna start a focus session so thank u so much for making this app.
I had a bit of an issue with the notifications, when i started a session i got way into it i didn’t notice when the break time started and didn't find any options of change how strong the alarm vibration can be also the alarm sound isn’t loud enough. please fix this i really really enjoy this app and it helped me a lot with procrastination
Developer Response ,
Hey, thank you so much for the support! ☺️ That's awesome to hear the variation of focus sessions help you get started with your routine much sooner!
Regarding the notifications, if you tap Settings -> Sound there's a slider you can adjust for the Alerts volume to make them louder or quieter. This works separately from the volume of your device, so if you set your device to max volume the alert sounds should be pretty loud! 🔊🔊🔊
In a sea of timer apps, Focused Work stands apart
The Pomodoro technique is a well-regarded productivity methodology. It aids people distracted with too many things to do, folks with ADHD, or really anyone who needs to get stuff done, by focusing on one thing at a time.
Most pomodoro apps on the Mac and iOS platform are just ok: they're toy apps, one offs, that give you a timer and not much else.
Not Focused Work.
First, it's multiplatform: it runs and sycs on desktop, iOS, and tablet. Secondly, it allows you to create your own kind of focused work schedule. Want a single 25 min session? Easy. Want a 50 minute session, with a 3 min meditation and a 5 min break? You dream it up, you can make it here.
Finally, it's reliable and just fun. The simple, clear reporting makes it a joy to see what works and doesn't.
I very highly recommend this app, for anyone who needs to get stuff done.
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for the comprehensive and well written review, it's really appreciated! 🙏
It's great to have the option of easily adjusting your work routine based on current mood or the type of tasks that need to be completed, and is fantastic that you're enjoying that level of flexibility with Focused Work.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Michael Tigas
- 110.5 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2021 Michael Tigas
- In-App Purchases
- Focused Work Pro Yearly $29.99
- Focused Work Pro Monthly $4.99
- Focused Work Pro Lifetime $59.99
- Little Tip $0.99
- Small Tip $1.99
- Medium Tip $4.99
- Large Tip $9.99
- Massive Tip $19.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.