Staying on task seems is a real challenge for our screen-bound generation. The Be Focused lets you get things done by breaking up individual tasks among discrete intervals, separated by short breaks. It’s a surprisingly effective way to retain motivation and focus. Create tasks, configure breaks and track your progress throughout the day, week or custom period.
- Start, pause, or skip intervals
- Auto-start the next timer (option)
- Customize the timer settings to maximize productivity:
• Work interval duration
• Short break duration
• Long break duration
• Number of intervals between long breaks
• Target number of intervals per day
- Manage your tasks
- Specify different timer settings for different tasks
- Add notes and due dates to tasks
- Estimate the number of intervals required to complete a task and track the estimation error
- View and manage completed intervals
- Customize reports for fast and easy goal tracking
- Ability to paste a task list from other apps
- Optional chronometer ticking sound
- Customizable frequency of the chronometer sound
- Wide range of alarm sounds
- Ability to adjust alarm and chronometer volumes
- Alarms sound even if the app is in the background
- Interactive notifications
- Widget in the Notification Center
- 3D Touch
- Supports Apple Watch
- One universal app for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch
- Mac version is also available
Upgrade to Pro version to:
- Sync data between iPhone, iPad and Mac *
- Use tags and filters to keep focussed
- Export data to a CSV file
- Auto backup your account data daily
- Integrate with Focus Matrix to manage tasks using urgent/important principle **
- Remove banners and ads
* Sync with Mac requires Be Focused Pro for macOS, sold separately.
** Integration with Focus Matrix requires the Pro version of Focus Matrix, sold separately.
Fixed the problem with saving data on the latest OS versions
Ratings and Reviews
At least somewhat distracted basically ALL THE TIME
I have ADHD and this app really helps me control it. It allows my brain to see that I only need to focus on whatever I’m doing for a set amount of time and then I can take a break for a set amount of time. Without this app my breaks end up taking longer than my study time, so I basically just take breaks to study and then go back to doing whatever else I’d rather do and am actually able to focus on. It also helps remind me that I can’t procrastinate because I am being timed. Therefore, this app is especially helpful on days when I don’t just have 1 or 2 assignments to get done, but I actually have 4 assignments due that day and 2 I need to do from the day before and then 2 others that I should have gotten done A WHILE ago but I didn’t have the motivation, energy, or focus in order to do so.
In conclusion, IF YOU HAVE ADHD THEN YOU SHOULD GET THIS APP. And if you get it, then don’t be like me and USE IT OFTEN. ADHD doesn’t have to define you. It can be a superpower when used correctly. YOU GOT THIS! YOU ARE CAPABLE, SMART, MOTIVATED, FOCUSED, BRAVE, AND CREATIVE! Also if you are like me and have been labeled as “slow” your whole life, then here is an important reminder: YOU ARE NOT SLOW! YOUR BRAIN JUST WORKS DIFFERENTLY. YOU JUST HAVE DIFFERENT SUPER POWERS AND STRENGTHS! The hard part is remembering that and learning how to use and control them in order to be our best selves.
Addictive and extremely satisfying creation
I have been using this app for over a year and I can’t put into words the amount of satisfaction it brings me. Everything is just the way I would want and imagine to make if I were to design the app; simple and rather minimalistic (compared to most other apps) but contains all of the features I would need to be completely happy (the last of which was added very recently — deadline button). No clutter and very user friendly.
It was very addictive to me; so be careful.
I bought the paid version too to be able to synchronize my data and have it in all of my devices. However, the only sad part about this is that (at the moment) I don’t think I will be able to transfer the data I have been collecting for over a year from my unpaid version to my paid version to be able to keep and display it as well. So for now I keep using the unpaid version until I either find a different way of transferring it, or the developer adds a feature like that, or I get enough courage to say “goodbye” to my lovely and diligently collected large data set.
Despite remaining an unpaid version used while having the paid version, I have no regrets at all for my purchase and I hope the developer gets many more people discovering his apps and becoming as happy as I am with it/them.
Great reminder to take a break
I love using this app. They say you learn better and can focus more if you break your work into short blocks of time. It’s also not good to sit for too long. This app helps remind me to take a break. I set it to do 20 minute blocks with five minute breaks after each block and a long 15 minute break after four blocks. I get up and move around during each break. It’s easy to loose track of time but this app fixes that issue. I also love that it tracks everything so I’m able to see how productive I’ve been at the end of the day.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Denys Ievenko
- 39.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Xwavesoft
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.