Focus Matrix is a smart personal organizer based on the so-called Eisenhower box, a personal productivity strategy created by Dwight Eisenhower, the 34th President of the United States. The principle uses a special priority matrix that helps break your tasks into several groups depending on their urgency and importance, and work your way through your daily agenda in the most efficient way possible. This app will help you focus on what really matters, and get rid of the things that can be painlessly delegated to others or postponed indefinitely until you have time for them.
The key features:
- Two views: Matrix and List of Sections
- Move tasks between sections using drag-and-drop
- Maximize a section to get a closer look at its content
- Use the “Inbox” section for tasks which are needed to be sorted by quadrants
- Set “All day task” to plan tasks for the whole working day
- Sort tasks by title, due date or manually
- Assign due dates to tasks
- Set reminders to never miss an important deadline
- Tasks that are approaching their due dates are automatically carried over from the Not -Urgent category to the Urgent list with user notification
- Search and tags support
- Export to PDF or print the task list
- Task filtering by tags and statuses (completed/uncompleted)
- Configurable statistics and reports for completed tasks
- Password/Touch ID/Face ID protection
- Also available for Mac
Pro version features:
- Cross-device synchronization*
- Seamless integration with Calendar (synchronization of tasks, due and remind dates)
- Integration with Be Focused**: synchronization of tasks and their statuses, possibility to start a timer in Be Focused right from Focus Matrix
* Sync with Mac requires Focus Matrix for macOS, sold separately.
** Be Focused helps you get things done by breaking up individual tasks among discrete intervals. It’s available for Mac and iOS devices in App Store.
Minor fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Five stars but...
Would like to be able to set to delete completed tasks immediately or in a few hours. As of now when I review tasks in the evening and mark them completed, they are still taking up screen space all the next day unless I go back in and manually delete them.
Many great features and functionality, though.
Just make it easier to clear the screen of completed tasks. At least move completed tasks to the bottom of the list so focus is on what is left. Also, changing to a strike though font on completed tasks would be nice.
Let’s do that...strike through and move completed tasks to the bottom of the screen and have them disappear into an archive after a few hours or in the wee hours of the morning.
Excellent App by far- needs web based integration
Update - have been using the app for awhile. Great standalone functionality (as I mentioned previously) but I rarely find it useful anymore without Web- based integration for Windows because of all the manual entry. I don’t recommend this for users using Windows unless they resolve this.
I’ve tried many apps to manage tasks using the Eisenhower method and this is the best app by far. The user interface and functionality of due dates and calendar integration is excellent, many others
fall short on the ability to move around and reorder tasks as needed. The only feature I hope gets developed is the ability to use this on a Web interface and sync to my phone. Managing and entering all the data on my phone is not ideal, especially when most of my work is done on a Windows based laptop for work.
I will be giving this app a 5 star when the following changes are made.
I have the suit by xWave; focus matrix, be focused and now their habits app.
The pomodoro timer is very helpful especially with the assistance by the focus matrix having both is awesome.
There are a few must have fixes though: the integration with iCal is SO helpful. It would be nice to be able to select a different calendar for each task as well as having the ability to set times to work on said task. Essentially, having the iCal settings available while setting the event up would be out of this world.
Tags need a complete overhaul. They’re very necessary but the current set up doesn’t seem to work...
Split fullscreen on iPad and mac is a must (please fix).
Please allow Focus Matrix and Daily habits to sync.
Look out for this developer, they’re doing some of the best work out there. If you are in need of organizing your life buy all their apps, before they’re way out of your price range.
The matrix is very helpful and keeps me extremely focused. Definitely going to give this a five stars after these changes.
- Denys Yevenko
- 57.8 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Retexlab
- In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Pro $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.