Smart Photo Widget is the best photo widget on the App Store, and the last one you'll ever need. It uses advanced AI to do all of your work for you, making it the simplest, easiest to use photo widget app out there.
There are two types of results you'll get from all of the other photo widget apps:
1. You end up with poorly framed photos with your loved one's head missing.
2. You have to painstakingly choose and crop each photo to make sure it displays properly in each widget size.
Using Smart Photo Widget, simply choose a photo folder and install the widget and you're done. Smart Photo Widget's advanced AI does all of the work for you:
1. Properly frames each photo in every widget size automatically!
2. Options to skip bad photos (blurry, too dark, screenshots, etc.).
3. Rotates the best photos throughout the day.
4. Optionally add handy overlays like current weekday/date/time or show the photo's date and location.
5. Apply photo effects/filters to make your photos pop (Smart Photo Premium required).
6. Optionally add picture frames for some whimsy in your widgets.
Give Smart Photo Widget a try and see that it really is the easiest to use photo widget app on the App Store by far.
Smart Photo Widget is free to download and use. Within the app you can purchase Smart Photo Premium which allows you to have unlimited photo collections and adds features like photo effects. If you purchase a Premium subscription, it will be applied to your iTunes account at the end of the free trial.
Subscriptions will automatically renew unless canceled within 24-hours before the end of the current period. You can cancel anytime within your iTunes account settings. Any unused portion of a free trial will be forfeited if you purchase a subscription.
- Improved framing of photos when using picture frames.
- Custom overlay colors now work properly.
- Support for dynamic type in app (fonts will better reflect system-wide text-size).
- Improvements on photo location overlay in widget not getting truncated as often.
- Option to not auto-center images in the widget. This can be done on a per photo basis in the photo grid by long pressing on a photo or there is a setting to disable it globally.
- Global setting to not open to the photo when you tap on the widget, just open the app.
- Other bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Best photo widget
I've checked out a bunch of different photo widgets and I have to say that I have finally found my favorite one.
Most other photo widget apps make you pick each photo one by one which can take a lot of time which I don't have. There are other photo widgets that allow you to choose an album, but then the results are bad. I like to use the wide widget size and so many times I end up with a photo of someone's torso instead of their face.
This photo widget, however, let's you choose an album and then just gives great results. I have it set up to show my favorites album and I love seeing old photos show up that I forgot about. I love to see my friend's smiling faces and not their torsos! And if you just have one widget, the app is free. That is a bargain. But I loved the app so much I made the purchase anyway to show my thanks.
Excited to see the option to turn off auto centering for individual photos. ☺️ Would love the ability to center them ourselves in a future update.
The app definitely has potential but if you're going to describe something using the word "perfect," expect to be judged on perfection. Made a couple of my photos worse centered than the regular thumbnail. If the ability to adjust image framing as desired was added so that we could fix any imperfections, it would be at the very least a 4 star app.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the review! I would love to take a look at the photos that were framed incorrectly if you can send them to email@example.com. The algorithm works well, especially for faces, but is still a work in progress, so examples of where it can do better are much appreciated. I'm also looking into adding a way to override the framing as an option for cases like this, but it is a bit cumbersome with 3 different sized widgets. Also, if you have a picture frame, there is improved framing for that coming in the next version.
Nice but …
When I tap the widget to look at the image all I get is a spinning wheel and the image never appears.
Works ok as a random photo widget, however.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the report. This can happen if the full photo isn't present on the device and must be downloaded from your iCloud Library. If you have a poor internet connection, it can spin for a long time, but should complete eventually once the photo is downloaded. Hope this helps.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Cromulent Labs, Inc
- 10.6 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Cromulent Labs, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Smart Photo Premium Yearly $2.99
- Premium Lifetime $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.