Control Panel for Twitter 4+
Tame your Twitter Web timeline
Control Panel for Twitter is a Safari extension for Twitter.com which adds new features and options Twitter is missing to help improve your experience using it.
By default, your Home timeline will be the reverse-chronological "Following" timeline, which will only contain tweets and quote tweets from the people you follow. The algorithmic "For you" timeline will be hidden, and Control Panel for Twitter will keep you on "Following" if the site tries to automatically take you off it. Everything is configurable, so start by opening the extension options and customizing to your liking. Changes you make will be applied immediately.
• Defaults to the "Following" (chronological) timeline, and keeps you on it if Twitter automatically switches to the "For you" timeline
• Hide the "For you" timeline tab (default)
• Move Retweets to a separate tab (default), or hide them entirely
• Move Quote Tweets and replies to them to a separate tab in the Home timeline, or hide them entirely
• Hide tweets quoting accounts you've blocked or muted
• Mute quoting of specific tweets - adds a "Mute this conversation" menu item to Quote Tweets in the Home and List timelines
• Hide "Who to follow", "Follow some Topics" etc. in the Home timeline and elsewhere
• Full-width timeline: hide the sidebar and let timeline content go full-width on Home, Lists and Communities
• Hide Views under tweets
• Hide the "Verified" tab on the Notifications page
• Replace Twitter Blue checkmarks with the Blue logo so they're not as easily mistaken for verified accounts, or hide them altogether
• Add "Add muted word" to the "More" menu
• Fast blocking - skips the confirm dialog when you try to block an account
• Toggle Retweets in Lists - adds a "Turn off Retweets" menu item to Lists
• Use the site's normal text font style in the primary navigation menu to make it less distracting
• Use normal font weight in dropdown menus - if everything's bold, nothing's bold
• Hide "Open app" nags on mobile
• Disable use of the Chirp font if you don't like it
• Uninvert the Follow and Following buttons to make them less jarring
• Choice of monochrome or themed (classic) styling for uninverted buttons
• Default to the "Latest" tab in Search
• When viewing a tweet's Quote Tweets, hide the quoted tweet to make more room for quotes
• Hide metrics
• Reduced interaction mode: hide the action bar under tweets – replies are now the only means of interacting
• Disable the home timeline: find yourself wasting too much time on Twitter? Try preventing use of the home timeline, going to Notifications or Messages by default instead
Remove algorithmic content
• Hide "What's happening", "Topics to follow" etc. in the sidebar
• Hide Explore page contents and use it only for searching
• Hide "Discover more" algorithmic tweets when viewing a tweet
Hide UI items you don't use
• Share button under tweets
• Analytics links under your own tweets
• Hide navigation items you don't use, and minimize or hide other distracting screen elements such as the account switcher and Messages drawer
• Hide items you don't use in the "More" menu
Please note: Twitter will sometimes make changes we can't anticipate which break Control Panel for Twitter functionality, but we have 3½ years of experience in quickly turning around fixes and adapting to new Twitter features.
TWITTER, TWEET and RETWEET are trademarks of Twitter Inc. or its affiliates
• Fixed replacement of Twitter Blue verified checks
Ratings and Reviews
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Jonathan Buchanan
- 3.7 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 10.14 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Jonny Buchanan
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.