tChess Lite is the popular chess game designed just for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. tChess is like a virtual chess board on your device. It's fun and easy to use--perfect for the casual player!
This game features a very clean UI design and beautiful graphics. tChess is a fast and stable program. Pick up a game in your free time... and there's no problem listening to your music while you play.
(tChess Lite is a fully-functional version of tChess for casual chess players. If you're an active player and want enthusiast-level features, take a look at tChess Pro, which is over 1000 ELO stronger and has received rave reviews from Grandmaster Susan Polgar, PE's Chess Cast, and iPhone app critics.)
tChess Lite Features:
- Perfect for 1- or 2-player games (on the same device, no network connection required)
- Tap-tap to move pieces
- Highlights legal moves
- View full game history in the Move List
- Go back or forward move by move and replay completed games
- Built-in chess clock
- "Get hint" feature to improve your game
- Easy to undo moves
- Saves your game automatically if you exit the program or take a call
- Play against any ELO rating from 500 to 1200
- Computer opponent is the most fun and realistic for beginners and casual players
- Use the Profile feature to play rated games and track your progress
- Over 15,000 openings for fresh, varied games
tChess Lite is developed by Tom Kerrigan, author of the TSCP and Stobor chess engines.
- Improved the process for logging in to Game Center
Ratings and Reviews
I’m a beginner and I like how it rates you and gets harder as you get better. I also like that you can go back and learn from your mistakes. The hints are helpful but as a beginner I can’t always follow why the computer’s choice is better than my move. So I just follow the computer’s thinking for a while and then go back to see where my choice would lead me.
I like the app. There are a few areas where I believe there can be some improvement (1) the computer plays the same response to any particular opening I use and that becomes a bit predictable (2) I think it should be made more challenging. At the moment the ratings go to 1200 and I am there. Why not take it to 2400 more in alignment with international rating systems? (3) some daily chess puzzles might be a nice addition but not necessary (4) being able to save your game for reference later I believe to be important
Other than these it’s a very good app
Solid chess app
This is a good chess app which knows all the rules and is a challenging opponent. Just when you think you have the measure of the program it sends a zinger which tells you to get better. It is good for keeping your skills sharp and good for some entertainment as well.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Tom Kerrigan
- 6.1 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © Tom Kerrigan
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.