BibleScope is a Bible study application designed exclusively for the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. This version of BibleScope features the NIV Family pack which includes the New International Version (NIV) and the New International Reader's Version (NIrV). Also included in this version of BibleScope are The Message and Easy to Read Version (ERV) of the Bible.
In addition to these great new translations, it includes all of the other translations from the regular version of BibleScope:
- King James Version (KJV)
- NET Bible (NET)
- World English Bible (WEB)
- Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary,
- Spanish Reina Valera Antigua
- Easton's Bible Dictionary
Also available for free download from within BibleScope are the following translations and commentaries:
- KJV with Strongs
- Darby's Commentary
- Spanish Sagradas Escrituras
- Portuguese Translation
- German Luther Translation
- Russian Translation
- Chinese Union Simplified and Traditional
- Latin Vulgate
- Turkish Translation
- Korean Revised Version
- Byzantine Greek New Testament w/ accents
- Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
- Adam Clarke Commentary
- Italian La Nuova Diodati
- Japanese Colloquial Bible
- John Gill Commentary
and many more...
NOTE: I have some translations available for purchase from within BibleScope:
- English Standard Version (ESV)
- New American Standard Bible (NASB)
- La Palabra de Dios Para Todos (PDT)
- Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
- Holman Christian Standard Study Bible
- New Living Translation
· Notes can be entered for any verse by selecting the verse # as you are reading, or in the main Notes screen
· General notes can be used for capturing sermon or teachings that are not directly related to a single verse reference
· Add folders to your general notes to keep them organized
· Email the notes to a friend or somewhere else to share
· Sync your notes with my server so you always have a backup in case of a reinstall
· Edit your notes from a browser so you can add notes from other Bible sources and sync them back to your device
· Bookmarks can be entered for any verse by selecting the verse # as you are reading
· Organize your bookmarks by folders if you prefer to group some together
· Sync your bookmarks with the server so you always have a backup in case of a reinstall
· Add highlights to any verse by pressing the verse # and selecting highlighting mode.
· Choose from many different colors to highlight verses
· Keyword or phrase search to find key passages in the Bible
· Options to search in current book, OT, or NT
· Search the Easton's dictionary for many common Bible definitions
· Landscape mode for widescreen viewing including a split-screen view.
· Navigate all books and chapters of the Bible using either a "wheel dial" selector, a table selection with a shortcut bar to the right side, or single page with buttons for the book,chapter, and verse.
· Settings screen inside BibleScope includes background, font, font size, colors and many more options to customize your experience.
· No Internet connection needed. All Bible content is locally within the app
· Bars at the top and bottom slide in/away with a touch of the screen
· Split-screen display that shows two Bible versions simultaneously
· Words of Christ in red for the KJV, WEB, NIV, ESV, and NASB translations
· Verse history that keeps track of all navigated verses, and can easily navigate between them
· Daily devotional texts include Charles Spurgeon's Morning and Evening, Daily Path devotional, and a Daily Bible Reading selection. An additional screen is available for a daily reading plan to read through the Bible in a year.
More screenshots and information available at http://www.biblescopeapp.com
- Bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Tons of glitches. :-(
Was really hoping to be able to write a nice review for any app that promotes reading the Bible. But this is not the one. Must say, I'm a bit disappointed. Can't always depend on the borders going away after tapping the screen, and the minimize maximize function rarely works. Those are like the two most important things when trying to read a Bible passage, imo.
Also, sometimes it book marks my passage if I'm kicked out of the screen due to time or whatever. And other times, I have to go look up the verses again. Makes it a bit cumbersome when trying to follow a sermon while in church.
I would recommend shopping around a bit before settling on this app. Hopefully, the authors are looking at some serious upgrading, and soon!
Truly worth the money!!
Thank you for completing my spiritual life with this amazing app! Truly it's the best of best bible app available!!
Suggestions, if possible, i'd like to re-order my bookmarks/notes particularly in the folders. When you have more than 30+ bookmarks it's really a hassle to reenter all of them just because you need certain verse to go ahead of others. And occasionally, to redirect the bible study flow with different people thru all those bookmarks! I'm loving the yearly reading plan. Just wondering if the markings can be by chapters only on top of by dates. So that in case you are on the run and won't be able to finish all 3 or 4 chapters. You can still mark it down at which chapter did you finished and continues on later. Thanks for considering about these in the future updates! ^^
Please keep up the great work! May God continues to inspire and work among you guys to benefit all these users to walk closer with Him!!
This Bible application is outstanding!
I tried out several different Bible applications, and this one was by far the best of them all. I love the ability to highlight and make notes. The split screen is really nice when I can have the NIV on the top screen and the NIRV on the bottom screen, so that I can more easily explain scriptures to my children. It's also great to be able to search by key words, in case you want to find a passage of scripture, but can't remember where to look. I would give this application more than 5 stars if it were possible.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Kenny Ham
- 95.9 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2008 Kenny Ham
- In-App Purchases
- NASB for BibleScope $11.99
- NLT for BibleScope $11.99
- ESV for BibleScope $15.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.