- Improve reliability when registering for push notifications
- Small performance improvements when connecting to bouncers
- Fix issue where chat previews could disappear
Ratings and Reviews
Full of bugs
This mobile version of Colloquy is very different from the desktop version. This mobile version is barely usable. Below is a list of bugs I frequently encounter each time I use it.
• Display bug where console window bar will be drawn as a duplicate channel window bar. Clicking on a bar to reopen and return seems to force it to redraw properly
• Display bug where duplicate user names are listed in channel
• Bug that prevents private messaging a user in channel - app believes user is offline when they are clearly online.
• Bug that prevents a whois on a user that has joined a channel if selected from chat window - app believes user is offline, however console displays whois info just fine. Workaround is to select user from user listing instead of chat window.
• Bug that draws first two or three lines in a private conversation above visible space. Must swipe pull down private chat window to read. Even the preview next to user name bar does not properly display the text hidden above
• Random bug where message and channel bars become locked and are unselectable. A workaround is to “open a console” to unlock this condition, this works even if console window is already open
At its current state, I cannot recommend this app - save your money. There are likely other IRC apps that work better than this.
Slowest IRC client I've ever used
The app seems like a wonderful idea… Until you try to use it to connect to a chat room. Worked very well on older versions of iOS. The developers really need to do some work to keep it current. Sometimes, it takes me up to an hour to connect to a chat room… Where as with any other client, or via the web, I connect instantly.
Doesn’t work on iPhone X
I don’t know if it’s an iOS 11 issue or an iPhone X issue, but this app hangs as soon as I start it. Unable to adjust any settings or click on any button. Have to kill the app to exit.
Used the apps for years with znc and it worked great. Not sure why it is so bad now.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.